Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2006 8:12:59 PM EDT
Uhh..

Is it really true they spent half a mil trying to find a "tourism" slogan.. and all they came up with was "Say WA?"...?

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#1]
say WA

Say What? It's Say WA

March 14, 2006

By KOMO Staff & News Services

Tools

Email This Story
Printer-friendly Version

SEATTLE - Have you heard the new tourism slogan for Washington state?

It's "SayWA."

We ran it by tourist Marcy Heim. "You mean like say what? Come to Seattle? Say What? Like that?" she asked.

No, not say WHAT.

It's pronounced "wah" as in, say Washington. "Oh, say Waaaah," she said. "We get it."

Do you?

The new campaign pitches "wah" as the sound you'll make when you see our state's majestic mountains, rugged coastline and glorious sunsets.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Say What? It's Say WA

March 14, 2006

By KOMO Staff & News Services

Tools

Email This Story
Printer-friendly Version

SEATTLE - Have you heard the new tourism slogan for Washington state?

It's "SayWA."

We ran it by tourist Marcy Heim. "You mean like say what? Come to Seattle? Say What? Like that?" she asked.

No, not say WHAT.

It's pronounced "wah" as in, say Washington. "Oh, say Waaaah," she said. "We get it."

Do you?

The new campaign pitches "wah" as the sound you'll make when you see our state's majestic mountains, rugged coastline and glorious sunsets.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:24:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't worry, Matt45 and crew will protect that half million and those idiots from our wrath.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Don't worry, Matt45 and crew will protect that half million and those idiots from our wrath.

Too busy going after this guy
from the article

Thirty-five years ago I smoked dope and probably could have come up with something like that," said Darrell Bryan, general manager of Victoria Clipper, the largest tour operator in the Northwest. "To me, it's better to have no slogan than to come up with something like that. There's too much scratching the head about 'What does that mean?"'

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#5]
More west side stupidity. Dumb Bunny, make sure you e-mail me your address before we roll.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
More west side stupidity. Dumb Bunny, make sure you e-mail me your address before we roll.

Sure, I'll send it to you now, I've always wanted to ride in a Stryker.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:33:56 PM EDT
[#7]
They forgot to print the rest of the slogan:

Say Wa the Fu.........

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:52:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Bryan said the slogan's weakness represents a serious problem for the industry: a lack of state support. The state's tourism budget is $3.6 million, which leaves only about $600,000 a year for direct promotion after staff salaries are deducted. By contrast, he said, British Columbia's annual tourism budget is about $35 million and the U.S. state average $12.8 million.

A few months ago Bryan wrote a letter to Gov. Chris Gregoire, suggesting she implode the tourism office and create an industry tourism association with real funding. She hasn't responded, he said.

"A number of us are very upset about this slogan," Bryan said. "By having too little money you come up with poor ideas."

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#9]
New Jersey and You.  Perfect Together.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:53:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
They forgot to print the rest of the slogan:

Say Wa the Fu.........

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:10:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:10:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Da Bunnys request.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:42:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Too busy going after this guy
from the article

Thirty-five years ago I smoked dope and probably could have come up with something like that," said Darrell Bryan, general manager of Victoria Clipper, the largest tour operator in the Northwest. "To me, it's better to have no slogan than to come up with something like that. There's too much scratching the head about 'What does that mean?"'

See?
It's just like you two nimrods to try to put the square peg in the round hole.

Go get our .5 mil back, and be my guest to tar & feather the dumbass Sum' bitch that approved the final product.

That sorta mission oughtta work out well for a bunch of fat-ass wannabe's. In fact could we televise it? Sorta of "Running Man" for 'tards?????

Seriously, I suspect I didn't much more of that bit of news than y'all did. The money would have been MUCH better spent going after drop-dead cases where the evidence presents itself. Like dope smoking GM's in large tour agencies.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:47:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

See?
It's just like you two nimrods to try to put the square peg in the round hole.

Go get our .5 mil back, and be my guest to tar & feather the dumbass Sum' bitch that approved the final product.

That sorta mission oughtta work out well for a bunch of fat-ass wannabe's. In fact could we televise it? Sorta of "Running Man" for 'tards?????

Seriously, I suspect I didn't much more of that bit of news than y'all did. The money would have been MUCH better spent going after drop-dead cases where the evidence presents itself. Like dope smoking GM's in large tour agencies.

Well, good, you've come around. I'll send you the secret password.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:02:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Gregwhore is saving money for her next project.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:05:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Gregwhore is saving money for her next project.

Not spending it like that.
BTW- Didn't ya forget to yell "WOLVERINES!" ?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:46:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Man some people must pray daily and shine that copper penny waiting for the end. Go take a walk and breath in some fresh air.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:14:00 AM EDT
[#19]
What was this thread about again?

Oh yeah, spending a lot of money to come up with "say wa". You know... with the monorail committee being disbanded or found out or however you want to look at it, they had to come up with *SOME* way to spend way too much money for way too little. Excellent choice!

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:06:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Uhh..

Is it really true they spent half a mil trying to find a "tourism" slogan.. and all they came up with was "Say WA?"...?

Just think how much ammo that would buy...  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
What was this thread about again?

Oh yeah, spending a lot of money to come up with "say wa". You know... with the monorail committee being disbanded or found out or however you want to look at it, they had to come up with *SOME* way to spend way too much money for way too little. Excellent choice!

So this is the same spirit as $400 hammers and $600 toilet seats? Wonder what Black Ops the WA JBT's have running?????
Certian folks and their associates might want to .....
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:28:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Hell...I don't get paid and could come up with a better slogan
How bout "Washington---The apple of your eyes"
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:03:49 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Not bad, for free.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:07:54 AM EDT
[#24]
"Washington, Come to visit.  Want to stay"

"Washington,  We're not California"

"Be Green, in WA"

"Washington,.......
......MILITIA!!!"
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:08:38 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not bad, for free.

Great for free, but it wont work...

NY= the big apple..

I have no ideas because Im a non-creative Mo-Fo..
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Wa Not?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#27]
E.WA?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Quoted:

"Be Green, in WA"
[\quote]

"Keep Oregon Green"  I used to think that was a great line, untill I saw it in an "Up in smoke" magazine as one of the pot heads top ten states to live in, becuase of the state motto

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#30]
"Washington, we ain't no steenkin' Florida. Your vote will be corrected for you."
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:48:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
"Washington, we ain't no steenkin' Florida. Your vote will be corrected for you."

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#32]
WA---vote till a liberal gets her way....
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:04:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Keep Washington green.
Leave your money and go home.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#34]
I was warned this was a hippie place...  

It sems that Gregwhore will use the "waaah" or whaaatever in her next campaign reelection as Gregwaahh  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top