Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2014 5:22:39 AM EDT
Looks like the Saxet gun show found a new home in Dripping Springs.  They will be held at the new Dripping Springs Ranch Park & Events Center on RR12 just north of DS.  The first show there is on March 29 & 30.  Good on Saxet for staying in central TX and even better now that they will be in my neck of the woods.

Good job Travis County for chasing them away, I'm sure Austin & Travis County crime will drop dramatically now.

ETA: http://kxan.com/2014/02/24/popular-gun-show-finds-a-new-central-texas-home/
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 5:59:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looks like the Saxet gun show found a new home in Dripping Springs.  They will be held at the new Dripping Springs Ranch Park & Events Center on RR12 just north of DS.  The first show there is on March 29 & 30.  Good on Saxet for staying in central TX and even better now that they will be in my neck of the woods.

Good job Travis County for chasing them away, I'm sure Austin & Travis County crime will drop dramatically now.

ETA: http://kxan.com/2014/02/24/popular-gun-show-finds-a-new-central-texas-home/
View Quote

Too far for me to go for beef jerky and bad deals from neckbeards.

When's the next Cedar Park gun show?
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 6:35:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Same for me, go mostly for entertainment, so, to far to Dripping Springs.  The next Cedar Park show is 26, 27 April.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 6:59:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Dripping Springs is much further for me.  I will probably be far more likely to go to the shows in Cedar Park instead.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 7:03:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Man, no love for Saxet or Dripping Springs.    

All of the other shows & locations were/are a drive for me so this is a welcome change.  I liked the Cedar Park facility and how everything was spread out but overall felt like a smaller show than Saxet.  I've only been to one but did not see nearly as much EBR stuff that I see at Saxet.  In any case, I never really need anything from any of the shows and just go for fun.  Not having to drive far will be nice.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 8:00:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

All of the other shows & locations were/are a drive for me so this is a welcome change.  I liked the Cedar Park facility and how everything was spread out but overall felt like a smaller show than Saxet.  I've only been to one but did not see nearly as much EBR stuff that I see at Saxet.  In any case, I never really need anything from any of the shows and just go for fun.  Not having to drive far will be nice.
View Quote

I got nothing against Saxet or Dripping Springs...  but I live near PVille, so its just a much further drive and Cedar Park which isn't exactly close.  The previous Saxet locations at the Crockett Center or the Expo Center were more convenient...  but those Stalinist @$$#0l3$ in the Austin and Travco governments F-ed up that...
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 8:59:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Awesome sauce. Not sure if I'll make the trip every time but it's still good to have multiple shows in Austin. The butthurt continues however. I read comments this morning that was basically "OMG! It's across the street from an elementary school!!!! HIDE THE CHILDREN!!!!" and the best reply was "The nearby school will be safer the days of the gun show than it will be the rest of the year."
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:10:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Awesome sauce. Not sure if I'll make the trip every time but it's still good to have multiple shows in Austin. The butthurt continues however. I read comments this morning that was basically "OMG! It's across the street from an elementary school!!!! HIDE THE CHILDREN!!!!" and the best reply was "The nearby school will be safer the days of the gun show than it will be the rest of the year."
View Quote

That one quote must not have from a DS local. My kids both go to DS middle school and most of their friends have talked about their parents having firearms. They've even said that when a teacher asks the class what they did over the weekend often times several kids will say they went hunting.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the news!  I'm happy they moved south--it's much more convenient for me and a nicer drive/neighborhood to boot!  Now we have a north gun show (Cedar Park) and a South.  Hope it works out.  I'll be going to this show.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Saxet only looks bigger because of all the purses and crap jewelry.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:41:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Nothing against SAXET or Dripping, just too far from Taylor.  Went to most of the SAXET shows here.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:49:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, unfortunately it seems like just about every gun show has too much beef jerkey, purses (I don't mind sellers who bring only carry purses, that's cool -- but if they have no carry purses they don't belong at the gun show), jewelry/junk and even airsoft stuff.  Airsoft can be cool, but if they've got nothing but airsoft then its questionable...  And vendors with nothing but knives, unless it is billed as a "gun & knife" show, then questionable...

I've often wondered if they would sell more tables and admissions if they only had quality vendors or whether they make more by padding it with crap...  I've also heard some guys say that the purses and jewelry crap is the only way they can get their wives to go...  and thus the only way they are allowed to go...  besides being kinda henpecked (my wife basically feels the same way about crap vendors at the shows as me)...  I dunno if that's enough to make it worth it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Interesting, I have the exact opposite opinion of Saxet vs. the Cedar Park show.  I went to Saxet once after they moved to the Travis Co. Expo and would never go back.  It was way too cramped and several dealers didn't go because there wasn't enough space.  Even AJC only had about  1/2 of what they take to the show when it was at the other location or compared to what they have at the San Antonio Saxet show.  I thought there was more junk than gun related stuff.  At the last Cedar Park show I went to, I had never seen so many AR's in all the shows I've been to and I've been to a lot of them over the past few years between San Antonio and Austin.  When I lived in San Antonio, going to the Saxet show was kind of like a monthly family reunion
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Freakin Austin commies! Lot longer drive now, might as well drive to the San Antone one. Why they didnt find a place in Williamson county is beyond me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Freakin Austin commies! Lot longer drive now, might as well drive to the San Antone one. Why they didnt find a place in Williamson county is beyond me.
View Quote

this.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe because of Premier Shows using the Cedar Park Center?
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 6:39:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Awesome, I just moved to Dripping! Thank you Austin
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 6:46:27 AM EDT
[#17]
As already stated, no love for paying to look at beef jerkey and trinkets with a couple guns mixed in.  I love dripping springs though.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 3:25:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Well at least SAXET  keeps the women's section on one end.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 5:31:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, too bad the Austin crew has to drive all the way to DS for a wardrobe change now.

Y'all still look fabulous....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top