Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 7:08:28 AM EDT
Has anyone to been to the Saxet gun show in San Antonio? Can you advise admission fees and also if most or all the transaction at the event is cash, credit, or debit? Is it worth while going?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been.

$5 to get in.  They stamp your hand so you can get back in during the same day.

Bring cash, check, and plastic.  Some dealers I deal with (Terry Davis, Gerald Swank, Collins Cartridge Company, Clips are Us) will take plastic.  Others, like the guy who sells M1, M14, and M1 carbine parts, Charlie of Last Chance Outfitters, and Murphy take cash or check only (Charlie doesn't take check).

The show has no ATM on site.  However, they will do a advance or something, but charge a lot for the service.

I think it is worthwhile going.  Terry has a nice selection of ARs.  Gerald has all the goodies you could want for your AR15, including many small parts, and a good selection of uppers.  Collins Cartridge usually has the ammo I want for the prices I want.  Murphy is a great guy to get RRA lowers and Black Hills Match ammo.  You can also find things to drool over at Spreadfirearms' table, get plenty of cleaning supplies and weird sized Butler Creek scope caps over in the middle of the room, get some good prices on magazines at Clips R Us, Charlie has some tactical gear for sale as well.

I've got class this weekend so I won't make it, but usually end up dropping a couple hundred every month at the show.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#2]
$5 entrance fee, free parking.

BEWARE: lots of auto burglaries in this area.  last month my employee's window was smashed out of his truck in broad daylight in the parking lot.

DO NOT LEAVE ANY GUNS OR VALUABLES IN YOUR CAR.  KEEP EVERYTHING OUT OF PLAIN SIGHT.

gun show security does NOT patrol the lot.

and i take plastic too...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:30:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The show has no ATM on site.  

there is a ATM in the parking lot close to Broadway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top