Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2012 4:54:17 PM EDT
Wow.. I think 1/2 of Austin showed up..
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 6:44:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I was surprised to see how crowded it was.  Barely enough room to walk the aisles with two kids in tow.
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#2]
The gun show in Wichita Falls was a packed house today,also. Never seen so many people at one of our shows.
Gonna be a good year for the firearms industry.
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 8:15:28 PM EDT
[#3]
It's been a LONG time since I have gone to a show.

Is the Austin Saxet show worth going to again?
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 11:00:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I wasn't impressed the last time I went. Go a little later if you want to try and avoid the parking fee. I arrived around 3:00 last time and no one collected a fee from me. I heard that they were doing it earlier in the day.

Last time, there were some $4000 WW2 era 1911's. Beat to shit but that's how you know they're authentic!
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 4:46:22 AM EDT
[#5]
It's 2012. Everyone will be wanting guns/ammo.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 7:52:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes, it was good with lots of black rifle goodies and other stuff.. the aisles are tight with the crowd..

OHHH MY GOD, THE PARKING FEE IS $2.. wah.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 9:19:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Negligent  Discharge inside Saxet today!  Dealer discharged his personal carry weapon into the floor and the round bounced back up and lodged into the table he was sitting at.  Luckily no one injured.  I was 1 table behind him!
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Negligent  Discharge inside Saxet today!  Dealer discharged his personal carry weapon into the floor and the round bounced back up and lodged into the table he was sitting at.  Luckily no one injured.  I was 1 table behind him!

Dumbass.. 30.06 and all that, hizzoner is gonna be in some shit.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dumbass.. 30.06 and all that, hizzoner is gonna be in some shit.

We've discussed here that the Tavis County Expo Center is a gov't owned facility and shouldn't be able to have a 30.06 sign.  Something like that anyway.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Negligent  Discharge inside Saxet today! ...

"Oops"  
Looks like his spot will be available to someone else next month  

OK, we got a $2 parking fee now. Parking at the N. Lamar location sucked. So long as parking is plentiful, $2 isn't too bad.

What is the door fee now?
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Negligent  Discharge inside Saxet today! ...

"Oops"  
Looks like his spot will be available to someone else next month  http://hbruns.com/SmilieCollection_files/121.gif

OK, we got a $2 parking fee now. Parking at the N. Lamar location sucked. So long as parking is plentiful, $2 isn't too bad.

The door fee is $5.  They only charged me $7 totay for me & my two kids to get in though.  Both of my kids got something at the show but I left empty handed.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well, that's definitely not a first. Last time I was at SAXET, and that happened, it was some guy who pulled out his carry piece or didn't realize the gun he came to sell/trade had been loaded. Thank goodness no one was hurt or killed.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Hey Samson, which dealer was it? Where were you?
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Negligent Discharge inside Saxet today! ...

"Oops"

Looks like his spot will be available to someone else next month http://hbruns.com/SmilieCollection_files/121.gif

Yeah, 2 tables down from where we were set up. Thankfully nobody was injured. His spot was offered to us liteally 5 minutes after he was ejected HAHA!

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 12:44:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't remember the dealers name but I do remember Cibolo, Texas under his name on the sign.  He had a lot of guns so it was a fairly big space.  I was on the backside of his table one dealer to his left.  Close enough that I could see the Oh Fuck! expression on his face after it happened!
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't remember the dealers name but I do remember Cibolo, Texas under his name on the sign.  He had a lot of guns so it was a fairly big space.  I was on the backside of his table one dealer to his left.  Close enough that I could see the Oh Fuck! expression on his face after it happened!

Just curious, do you know what happened afterwards?  Arrested, ticketed, removed from building, etc?
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 1:29:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just curious, do you know what happened afterwards?  Arrested, ticketed, removed from building, etc?

Definitely packed up and ejected.. Unknown about police action.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 2:07:01 PM EDT
[#18]
The police officer collected the pistol, spent shell casing and the bullet he pulled out of the table.  The police officer also requested a copy of the man's driver license.  People from Saxet were there boxing up his stuff within 2 minutes of the shot going off.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I heard they are changing the name to the Saxet gun show and shooting gallery. I swear more rounds go off at those shows then I send downrange in a year.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I heard they are changing the name to the Saxet gun show and shooting gallery. I swear more rounds go off at those shows then I send downrange in a year.

While I was standing there in awe, I overheard a lady dealer saying that she had been doing gun shows for 30 years and couldn't count on two hands how many times a round went off during a show. Then she started listing the cities. Kinda scary how common it is...

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 8:34:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I was standing there in awe, I overheard a lady dealer saying that she had been doing gun shows for 30 years and couldn't count on two hands how many times a round went off during a show. Then she started listing the cities. Kinda scary how common it is...

so those wearing body armor and helmets while walking the aisles aren't being paranoid.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 6:17:42 AM EDT
[#22]
It's actually ridiculous how common it is and I'm surprised no one has been killed yet.  Not to mention it gives us all a bad name.  I'm actually shocked that shows are able to continue––I hope the people who do this are banned for life from the shows and their names should be published to discourage it from happening again.  There is absolutely no excuse for it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 7:40:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Yeah, it definately sheds a bad light on gun owners/enthusiasts in the area, especially with a show that is under intense scrutiny as it is. That said- it really is up to us as gun enthusiasts to abide by the rules put in place by the venue, not to MENTION the basic rules of firearm safety (which you would expect a dealer to be a little more anal about). If this gentleman had not broken those rules, this would not have occured.
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 7:42:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Do they have a 30.06 sign on the Dealer entrance? If not, shame on Saxet (and I might reconsider ever going there again). If so, Dealer needs to face charges.

The last ND at Saxet that I remember was also another dealer fondling his carry gun. He also got packed up.
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 12:16:56 PM EDT
[#25]
I do believe there is a 30.06 sign located at the entrance. The venders enter a different door which has no sign. All weapons should be checked regardless a vendor or not.
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 1:47:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I do believe there is a 30.06 sign located at the entrance. The venders enter a different door which has no sign. All weapons should be checked regardless a vendor or not.

Figures..
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 8:16:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Figures..
Why worry?
The dealers have federal licenses... FEDERAL licenses.

They must really know what they're doing with guns, right?  

Link Posted: 2/2/2012 5:10:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Figures..
Why worry?
The dealers have federal licenses... FEDERAL licenses.

They must really know what they're doing with guns, right?  

Not all gun show dealers are FFL, but this one was.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Are we sure this wasn't self defense?

I've known some tables that needed to be shot
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Still nothing on who the dealer was??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top