Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2004 3:41:38 PM EDT
Those of us on the coastal side of the state have a gun show this weekend. Anybody going to this one? I'm figuring to go first thing Saturday morning.

archer2
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be fishing out of Savannah this weekend and I'm there often. Have you ever been to the show and is it worth the 15 mile drive from Tybee?

TD  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll probably go. Look for a black "Memphis Belle" T-shirt. That will be me. I've been wanting to meet some of the Savannah crew and see if we can arrange a shoot in the next few months.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:10:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Having not been to any other shows in Georgia, I dont have anything to compare it to. In Savannah, you settle for what you can get. This is an Eastman show. This is the best that comes here. It's not as huge as some I've been to in other places, but it's all we got. The usual jerky guy, the way overpriced collecter that displays the same guns every time.....you know the drill! Every once in a while you get lucky and find a deal.

The number of gun stores here (Savannah) is limited too, so this is the only selection of stuff to choose from that you don't have to order.

Hell at it's worst, it's a waste of a couple of hours and $6 or $7.

archer2
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:14:39 AM EDT
[#4]
SAme way for selection here in Augusta.....

I broke down and went to Atlanta
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:20:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I've actually been to the Savannah show a few times and have been rather impressed.  I usually say to my girlfriend about a week before the show "Hey honey, how about a nice romantic vacation down in Savannah this weekend" Her "Awww, thats so sweet, I would love to" Then as were walking around town I happen to "notice" there is a gun show at the civic center and I'll just go in for  a few minutes.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:45:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Originally posted by badeffect10

I've actually been to the Savannah show a few times and have been rather impressed. I usually say to my girlfriend about a week before the show "Hey honey, how about a nice romantic vacation down in Savannah this weekend" Her "Awww, thats so sweet, I would love to" Then as were walking around town I happen to "notice" there is a gun show at the civic center and I'll just go in for a few minutes.

You da man! You da man!

archer2
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:01:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I will be there if the creek don't rise
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:38:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Anybody else?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:49:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I would like to try to go Saturday, but I won't know when until late Friday night...
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've actually been to the Savannah show a few times and have been rather impressed.  I usually say to my girlfriend about a week before the show "Hey honey, how about a nice romantic vacation down in Savannah this weekend" Her "Awww, thats so sweet, I would love to" Then as were walking around town I happen to "notice" there is a gun show at the civic center and I'll just go in for  a few minutes.hr

We're also having the Savannah Jazfest this weekend in Forsyth Park. BTW, the weather will be great with highs in the low 80's. Just wanted to give you guys some more ammunition to convince the wife/gf that Savannah would be the perfect getaway this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#11]
it's messy here right now hope it clears for tomorrow  but the creek is low and I can wade it see  some of you guys tomorrow even if I don't know who you are  enjoy
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, I was wrong about the weather. Looks like it's gonna be soggy this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll be at the show early Saturday. I'll be wearing a tan "Anti Terrorist Task Force" T-shirt. See ya'll there

archer2
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:02:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I will be the old fart wearing a blue tshirt and jeans that looks lost you see I have that  CRS   you know CAN'T REMEMBER SHIT  trying to get all the little stuff I came for
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:49:40 AM EDT
[#15]
I stopped by earlier and picked up a few pistol mags.  Saw some "prebans" marked at $1800 I kept an eye out for some of yall but I didnt recognize anyone.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:23:33 AM EDT
[#16]
I didn't find much that interested me (broke anyway). From looking at the prices, you can't tell the ban is dead. I also ran into Archer and his son, but we didn't find anyone else.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#17]
bought a gun case and some cleaning supplies
any of you guys  ever seen it as light as it is today, I haven't seen empty spots before have you??
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
bought a gun case and some cleaning supplies
any of you guys  ever seen it as light as it is today, I haven't seen empty spots before have you??

I don't recall seeing it with as many empty places as it had today.  The room off to the front was pretty much vacant, usually they have more people in there.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#19]
No, I haven't seen it with so few vendors. Some might have been at the Columbus show. The crowd was pretty light too. You could walk through and not have to fight to get to the tables. A few of the vendors there were the same impolite asshats as always. They make you feel as if they are doing you a favor by just being there.

I picked up a CZ-52 with a spare mag, holster and cleaning jag for $129. Not bad! They had them advertised in SGN for as little as $89, but then you have to figure transfer fee to a FFL, and you're right at the $129 level.

Lots af AK's with extraordinary prices, and a lot of AR's and parts for OK prices. Next show in January, so we'll have to wait and see what happens then.

Met bmick325 and talked a bit. We really need to try and get a shoot together on this side of the state, but there is limited places to go. Only one I know of is the one in the Richmond Hill area. That one will probably be full of hunters sighting in.........anybody have any suggestions?

archer2
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Archer2,

I forgot to tell you that I heard CZ-52's eat firing pins. Somebody makes an aftermarket one (possibly titanium) that supposed to cure the problem.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I heard that too. I have seen some stainless steel ones too.

Thanks

archer2
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#22]
You are right about the hunters.  The only other "public" range besides the DNR one is a members-only indoor range just across the river in SC.  I normally end up shooting at the Richmond Hill Police Dept. range or on private property.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:25:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Glad I opted out of the romantic weekend this time. Sounds like it was a disappointment.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#24]
yes b 10 you did right it was slow and high but  I did what I went to do and ended up broke  next time
things could be diffrent  if not I can always go to tommys  at Ga. pri.
there is a range somewhere out of Lions  are there any members here

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#25]
rgr that I was defintely dissapointed with the parts pricing....ie $76 for a lower kit.... I wish we had a decent amount of dealers that catered to our types of weapons, but that would be way to much to ask for

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#26]
I was on Tybee all weekend and planned on going to the show. After I read a couple of the reports that were posted reguarding the show I passed.....

TD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top