Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/19/2006 5:48:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/19/2006 5:49:43 PM EDT by WMHM4]
There was a thread fromabout a week ago in nere about House Bill 4547 (Right to Carry Recipitory Bll) and it asked us to email our congressman/women about it. Along with emailing my Reps I also emailed Senators Sentorum and Specter to ask how they will vote on this bill if it reaches the Senate. Specter said he will take my thoughts into consideration and this is what I got from Santorum:

Bill-

Regarding you message… is there a number where we can reach you? I would like to have the Senator’s legislative staff who work on this issue give you a call to discuss.

has anyone ever had this happen to them before?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:46:37 PM EDT
No. Your letter must have been very well reasoned and stated. Would you mind posting the copy for us all to see?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:06:12 PM EDT
my letter was very short and to the point so it wasn't anything speacial

here it is:
I just wanted to check in and see what your thoughts are on HR4547 (National Right to Carry Reciprocity Bill). I am a very big supporter of yours and I imagine that you would be completely behind this bill. If this Bill passes the house how to you intend to vote on it? Thank you for your time and for all that you do to help the gun owners of our great nation.

Thank you,
Bill Harkins
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:04:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:18:58 PM EDT
Santorum is a good guy, but I would not trust Spector in the least. Shame Pat Toomy lost.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:31:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By slidestop:
If you deside to speak with them let us know how you make out . Good luck

I emailed them back and gave them my cell # but no call yet. If they don't call by the end of the week I'm going to email them back and see what's up.

I'll let you guys know what happens
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:00:22 PM EDT
Hey KJoeZ, I don't understand why you say you don't trust Spector in the least. He was one of the men involved in the investigation of Kennedy's assasination that signed-off on the "one gun -magic bullet theory". How can you not trust a politican like that?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:10:48 PM EDT

I think Santorum is a Good guy on most issues

Still , before you meet his people , hide your wallet
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:32:06 PM EDT
Well let's just say I trust Santorum alot more! I think he may be in for a battle in November, and that's not a battle we can afford to loose....
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:09:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2006 8:13:22 AM EDT by clubsoda22]
I don't trust santorum, at least, not after he claimed that the right to privacy was invented by the liberal media.

He might be pro gun, but he's certainly not pro freedom.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:09:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2006 10:09:51 AM EDT by Fishpaw]
Apparently not everyone likes the man.

www.SpreadingSantorum.com/
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:20:44 AM EDT
Well the only other option is Casey...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:45:16 PM EDT
No.
I have written both senators before and have gotten a reply from both.
Santorum's people answered my questions with an email IIRC.

Spector's people mailed me a 4 page letter saying he agreed with me (form letter) and was going to vote against the bill that I had written about. (Brady Bill)
Spector then voted for the Brady Bill.

Spector is a two faced POS.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:31:07 PM EDT
they're all two faced pieces of shit. Don't like it? Vote third party.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:24:26 PM EDT
Well I doubt we will see a 3rd party Senator in PA in our lifetimes...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:20:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2006 7:27:31 AM EDT by clubsoda22]

Originally Posted By KJoeZ:
Well I doubt we will see a 3rd party Senator in PA in our lifetimes...

Only because people believe the "a third party vote is a vote for (insert major party you like least here)" propiganda and pussy out when they step in the voting booth. If people voted for their beliefs instead of falling into the herd mentality it would happen.

Republican's don't need to worry this election. The demoocratic party is a joke, and casey is a DINO. Republicans can either win or win this coming election.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:49:55 PM EDT
Bill, I think I posted the original info so glad that others have written letter too. I did but received only a form letter from both thanking me for my letter. Interesting that you got a phone call. Maybe unlike me you spelled their names correctly

Please keep us posted.

As for the rest of you, write, write and write!

Oh yeah, guess what?

If more people voted for a 3rd. party then they would win so...vote, vote and vote!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:49:33 PM EDT
A guy from Santurms office called today but I missed the call and didn't have a chance to call him back. I will call him back tomorrow and let you guys know what was said
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:18:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/23/2006 5:19:59 PM EDT by WMHM4]
I called the guy back this morning but he was not in the office at the time so I left a message on his voice mail but I never heard back from him yet. Hopefully tomorrow I will get a return call.

<-------year of birth
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:33:54 AM EDT
I really llike both Santorum and Spector (not as much), but I do think they tend to be more pro 2nd amendment than others that were running.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:21:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Krackels:
I really llike both Santorum and Spector (not as much), but I do think they tend to be more pro 2nd amendment than others that were running.

I feel the same way about both. Specter is for the most part pro 2nd but you do have to watch him and stay on his ass. Santurm to me is the ultimate conservative. To me he would be the perfect canidate for '08 Presidential elections. I hope he at least throws his hat in the ring but he needs to beat Casey before we can even think about that. I actually don't think Casey has a chance. Casey is pro life and pro gun so I can't really see the liberals coming out in droves to elect Casey. I know they want Santurm out really bad but they certainly would not be getting a hard line liberal.

I am still waiting on that phone call back, hopefully on Monday I really want to hear what they have to say even though I probably already know what it will be.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:28:07 PM EDT
They will use the same old tricks... And they will use alot of Blue county minority votes form Philadelphia, Pittsburg, Scranton and my own Lehigh Valley area. Yes Casey can win!!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:32:35 PM EDT

They will use the same old tricks... And they will use alot of Blue county minority votes form Philadelphia, Pittsburg, Scranton and my own Lehigh Valley area. Yes Casey can win!!!!

I know they are going to try but I just don't see the middle of the road liberals seeing a difference between the 2 and I think they will just sit this one out. I think as long as we get our people to get out to vote we will win this election
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:25:44 AM EDT
I generally vote 3rd party but failing that tend to vote for as many republicans as i do democrats. Santorum is just someone i can't vote for in good conscience. Then again, i have nothing but disgust for the democrats who can't even put up a democrat for election.

For that reason, failing a libertarian candidate, i'm writing in myself.

I have a feeling i'll be doing the same thing in 2008 if it goes betwen Hillarity and McLame. With McCain, a guy i used to like, no longer being critical of Bush on the key issues i liked him for and Hillary suddenly professing undying love for Jesus Christ and all things "family values". I'm forced to vote third party again. How can anyone trust these assholes?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:35:08 PM EDT
The only problem is that a voteing for a no chance 3rd party candidate, is just like giving the Democrats a vote.... Like it or not, it's the truth...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:30:29 PM EDT

The only problem is that a voteing for a no chance 3rd party candidate, is just like giving the Democrats a vote.... Like it or not, it's the truth...

+1, it makes no sense to me plus I think Santurm is the ideal conservative and hope he runs in '08 for Prez
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:18:17 AM EDT
still no return phone call but he sent me an email today

here it is:

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 4547, which would provide a national standard under which non-residents of a state could carry a concealed firearm. I appreciate hearing from you and having the benefit of your views.

Today, 46 U.S. states permit adults who have applied, have no criminal record, and meet training requirements to carry one or more handguns in a concealed manner. The concealed carry privileges vary in each state, and are negotiated between the states where reciprocity exists. In addition, privileges in some cases also depend on the residency status of individuals holding each state's concealed carry license.

Presently, 30 states recognize licenses from other states where the carrier of the license is a state resident. In contrast, only 17 states recognize licenses from other states where the carrier is not a resident Representative Cliff Stearns of Florida introduced H.R. 4547 in the House of Representatives in December of 2005 to eliminate this problem, and to make the carrier's reciprocity recognizable in all states, much like a driver's license is today.

Since introduction in the House, H.R. 4547 has garnered 46 bipartisan cosponsors and has been referred to the House Judiciary Committee.

Please be assured that I understand the necessity to protect our Second Amendment rights. I believe that the best way to address gun violence is to enforce the laws already on the books and vigorously prosecute gun offenders, rather than pass more redundant, ineffective laws. During my service in the House of Representatives, I adamantly opposed legislation that would restrict legal gun ownership. As your United States Senator, I remain consistent in my support for Second Amendment rights.

Thank you again for contacting me. If I can be of further assistance on this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to call on me again.
Sincerely,

Rick Santorum
United States Senate

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:38:13 AM EDT

Representative Cliff Stearns of Florida

Gotta love Florida, they always seem to be on top of Concealed weapons, Castle doctorine, etc.....

Hopefully that bill will pass by the end of the year....
Top Top