Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2006 4:16:14 PM EDT
Just got back from the TS gunshow at the Santa Clara county fairgrounds.....

The same as usual BUT, they were selling stripped lowers! WooHoo!!! Open public sales in a public venue.

Vulcan = $179.00

DSA = $200.00 (they were taking orders)

Gun Smoke Enterprises = $225.00

Lauer Custom Weaponry = $225.00

Just thought that ya'll might want to know.

ETA that I'm not here to rant about the ridiculous markups. We gotta' take what we can get in this environment. Damn capitalism walking hand in hand with corrupt government!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:49:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
ETA that I'm not here to rant about the ridiculous markups. We gotta' take what we can get in this environment.

No you don't. Some of those companies ship direct...at half the price. All it takes is a call.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:56:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:31:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm just telling ya'.

I got mine for less. And not in the group buys.

But if all it takes is a call, why are the group buy prices so high? Because they are being shipped through a chain of middlemen who all need to be paid? But why, if all it takes is a call?

ETA something just isn't adding up.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
But if all it takes is a call, why are the group buy prices so high? Because they are being shipped through a chain of middlemen who all need to be paid? But why, if all it takes is a call?

ETA something just isn't adding up.

It adds up alright...to profits. The "story" is the middle man. Some brands have required a middle man, not all. The last few brands came from manufacturers who WILL ship to your FFL when you place an order directly with them. These "group" buys are working at a high profit margin. This is not to say they have no right to charge so high, Not at all. People are still buying. I bet some of these buyers would have bought other ways if they would have known tghe real story.

$99 lower or $175-$200 lower....you choose.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
they were selling stripped lowers! WooHoo!!!

How many vendors had stripped lowers?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
they were selling stripped lowers! WooHoo!!!

How many vendors had stripped lowers?

Only two that I saw. But this was the most dismally small show that I had ever seen. Pathetic.

I was just happy to see lowers openly for sale.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top