Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/10/2006 5:40:12 PM EDT
I would like to try out different ranges for my AR and I was hoping ya'll could give me some input. I know of these ranges: Bracken, A place to shoot, Bullet Hole. Are there any other places that are worth it?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:02:36 PM EDT
I'm quite fond of "a place to shoot" for their various distance rifle ranges, but for a general day at the range, I prefer BlackHawk!. Mostly, because they are extremely lenient about what you can shoot on their "pistol" ranges. I have stood 10ft from the target with both my AK and my AR and they never said a word - not that there's alot of point to that, but it's ocassionally fun.

-HK-
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:27:34 PM EDT
ive been to all of them and regularly frequent bullethole. they are the best bang for the buck.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:41:02 PM EDT
Texas Tactical's range near Dripping Springs is set up with tactical bays so you can do all the dynamic stuff you want. It requires a membership, but his prices are really reasonable for almost unlimited access.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:14:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By -omni-:
I would like to try out different ranges for my AR and I was hoping ya'll could give me some input. I know of these ranges: Bracken, A place to shoot, Bullet Hole. Are there any other places that are worth it?

Thanks

Bexar Bowling community shooting range. Trap, skeet, rifle (200 yard max) and pistol ranges.

10 frwy exit trainer hale rd turn right about 3 miles or so on the left.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:20:48 AM EDT
Bullet Hole is good when you want to take as many guns as you want and when you don't want to pick up your brass.

Bracken is good because the facilities are near the parking area and don't require walking. It's also the only option for the North Siders who don't want to drive for an hour.

Blackhawk is good for the reasons above.

Texas Tactical is good for the reasons above.

Never been to the others.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:21:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Schulze:

Bracken is good because the facilities are near the parking area and don't require walking. It's also the only option for the North Siders who don't want to drive for an hour.

That place scares the shit outta me. There are sooo many idiot dipshits there. I wont even think about going there when a hunting season (deer for example) is just approaching. Its not so much the range its the people and their unsafe actions. Simply pathetic. Hunters are THE WORST gun handlers I have ever seen (except for cops)
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:29:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/16/2006 6:31:33 PM EDT by Backstop]
As Zmeja said above, Texas Tactical's range - once you buy a member ship, you can go there anytime - let me repeadt this - ANYTIME there isn't a match going, and blast away. Matter of fact, he has a 3 Gun this weekend.

Blackhawk is a great place - I know the people there. During the week and when there is no one using the 100 yd rifle range, they might let you shoot there. They kind of let the people they know have some leeway. Zmeja, Sparsky and I have worked on transition drills here - think we only did it once, but I've done it quite a bit.

Bullet Hole is cool. They've made a bunch of changes. Rent a stall, take all your guns, grab some barricades (bring gloves), set up some targets, and blast away. Zmeja, Sparsky and I have also done this a few times.

All are great ranges - just depends on what you want.

I like to shoot League at Blackhawk and BS with the staff.

I like to go to Texas Tactical's ranges to shoot his matches.

Bullet hole is now better for working on transition drills, etc since it has changed.

EDIT: just dawned on me that I have 3 different range membership cards.
Top Top