Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/10/2004 10:06:50 PM EST
May be getting a job transfer there. Seems nice enough. Austin is a bit...too young and liberal.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:01:35 AM EST
Yeah, Austin sucks. San Antonio is much better for someone like YOU. Take the transfer and get the hell out.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:21:37 AM EST

Originally Posted By clean_cut:
May be getting a job transfer there. Seems nice enough. Austin is a bit...too young and liberal.

I much prefer San Antonio. Austin has it's good points, but conservative (government) sure isn't one of them.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:50:27 AM EST
Yes, please, get out. We have to make room for all the liberals we're importing from Kalifornia!!!

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:06:32 PM EST
I've been in SA for 14 years now....it's a great city. Cost of living is low (have you priced houses in Austin lately?). If they ever get the I-10/410 interchange done...it'll be a piece of cake to get around....I-35 between SA and Austin REALLY stinks (I try to avoid driving to Austin just for that reason).

There's a SAXET gun show the first weekend of every month.

And...we have the SPURS!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:46:22 PM EST
Still waiting on that move. May not happen.

Actually, I do like Austin a lot. I could live here too. Between the communes and the ultra-conservative Baptist churches there are a lot to choose from.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:47:37 AM EST
San Antonio is a *great* town to live in. For shooters there's lots of places to shoot and all different types of shooting (clay targets, tactical & high power rifle, pistols, 3-gun, etc.), easy access to plenty more in the surrounding area, at least one gun show every month (often more), easy driving to other shows in the area, etc.

For non-shooters there's great shopping, tons of amusements, millions of great restaurants & shows, the rodeo, pro basketball & baseball, tremendous cultural diversity (not just Mexican), etc., etc. Cost of living is totally reasonable and very few liberals ;) If you can't live without them, Austin is an hour away, the coast is 2 hours, Houston is 3 hours and DFW is barely more than 4.

Except for the panhandle I've lived in most other major areas of Texas for various periods and I honestly like San Antonio the best of all. By far the best weather in the state. Perfect balance between big city hassles (nothing like DFW & Houston) and small town ambience.

As a Los Angeles transplant I feel I know I'm talking about. I know, I know.... All I can say is I wasn't born in Texas but I got here as fast as I could, and San Antonio is the best place I could have landed. Come on down!
Top Top