Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2012 4:50:13 PM EDT
KABB-TV
Tuesday, March 27 2012, 03:55 PM CDT

Reward Offered Following $500,000 Burglary
Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of $2,500 for the arrest of those responsible for a home burglary in northwest San Antonio. Investigators say the crooks stole $500,000 worth of guns and watches from a home on Mid Hollow, off Vance Jackson near Callaghan. Authorities say it happened Saturday, March 17, 2012. Among the items taken were approximately 40 firearms and 7 high end watches. The watches stolen were 1 Rolex President, 1 Rolex GMT, 1 Patek Felipe Calatraba, 1 Huebolt Big Bang, 1 Cartier Tank, 1 Phillip LeCroix, and 1 Vacheron Constantine. Call (210) 224 - STOP (7867) if you can help.

(During this evening's KSAT newscast, it was mentioned that 7 "silencers" were also taken.)

(Link to same story on KSAT-TV).

Link Posted: 3/27/2012 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#1]
That Patek Felipe was probably worth more than the guns combined, that's almost a 20k watch. I wonder if they were able to just remove the whole safe or what happened?
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know.

AFAIK, this robbery didn't hit the media until today, even though it occurred 10 days ago.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#3]
With that much high end stuff, you would think the owner would have the place covered with a burglar alarm system, camera system, good safes, etc.  Someone with that kind of money to buy those kind of toys should be able to afford that kind of protection.  But maybe they did and the police were following up on something which delayed releasing info to the media.  Seems like there would be more offered than $2500 for that big of a robbery, either by the owner or his insurance company.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Inside job I bet.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 7:40:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Inside job I bet.

as in insurance fraud?  probably.  With $100k in watches and 40 guns, there had to been a safe (hopefully one of the better safes out there).  Unless they stole the entire safe, sounds like bs. if it wasn't in a safe, what a fool.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Inside job I bet.

as in insurance fraud?  probably.  With $100k in watches and 40 guns, there had to been a safe (hopefully one of the better safes out there).  Unless they stole the entire safe, sounds like bs. if it wasn't in a safe, what a fool.

or as in insurance/contractor/jewel or gun dealer knew who had lots of goodies and called a buddy.

Link Posted: 3/27/2012 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Any indication on the type of safe?

Or, was there a safe?
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 3:14:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Inside job I bet.

Probably, but at the very least I think the chances of this having been a random hit would be somewhere less than zero.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:26:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow thats not good. I hope there was at least a safe involved.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:16:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Inside job I bet.

Probably, but at the very least I think the chances of this having been a random hit would be somewhere less than zero.

You'd be surprised at how well lucky random hits payoff.   Sometimes for both parties.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 11:06:38 AM EDT
[#11]
1 Rolex President
1 Rolex GMT
1 Patek Felipe Calatraba
1 Huebolt Big Bang
1 Cartier Tank
1 Phillip LeCroix
1 Vacheron Constantine

I'm not a "watch person", but I would guess that you don't own those kind of watches to leave in a safe. You wear them in public to impress people - which makes you a target.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top