Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 10:12:32 AM EDT
I'll be in San Antonio a few days next week and was looking for advice on gun shops that I could kill some time in.  AR-15 friendly would be best but any place with a good selection of guns would work. Anywhere within an hour or so from San Antonio would be in range.

I'm looking for a couple of stripped Bushmaster and High Standard lower receivers in particular.  I noticed on another post that spreadfirearms might have BM's.  

Thanks for the help,

Dusky
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:42:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Ho Guns off Culebra has stripped bushies for $169. They are the only ones in town with them. They also have the most AR stuff. The other places are not much to talk about in way of AR stuff.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Academy usually has some Bushmasters in stock. Then there's the gunshows at Airport the first weekend of the month.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  I'll check all of 'em out.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#4]
i went to ho guns today.  i was not overly inpressed.  the dog stuck his nose in my crotch too.  the owner/worker was nice though.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:03:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
the dog stuck his nose in my crotch too.  

Ohh, what are you using?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:11:16 AM EDT
[#6]
i dont think i can say anything with out it be taken out of context.  anyway i think he smelled my dog......not that my dog has been in my crotch.  see theres no good way of putting it!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:14:18 AM EDT
[#7]
You can always stop by the Bullet Hole and rent a Full Auto. We have MP-5's, Uzi, Sten, Grease Gun and a Mac 10.

www.BulletHole.com
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:10:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Nagels has lots of stuff but they are retail PLUS.
Druys has a new store and location, used to be reasonable, don't know about current prices.
New place , Sportsmans Warehouse. kind of a mini Cabelas. Lots of everything.
Speaking of Cabelas, if you have the time for an hour drive, its worth going to just for the fish tank and the guns behind the glass. Two of the biggest large mouth bass on the planet in the tank.
Guns behind glass; some are unique, some are historical.
Can't imagine what it cost to floor plan that place.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:51:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, Texans.  This "business" trip is looking a lot more tolerable
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:26:00 PM EDT
[#10]
next weekend there is a gun show at the Airport Convention Center at 410/Broadway.  its a pretty good sized show.....ill be set up there too!

saxetshows.com/_schedule.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top