Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 9:44:38 PM EDT
Seems all the other Texas Cities are having all the fun. Anyone in San Antonio want to do a dinner?

Post in this thread if you would consider it and perhaps throw an idea as to where we could eat. This being San Antonio I was thinking a good Mexican joint would be in order.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You can count on Darren and I attending....Hell we might even bring the wives
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:36:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds cool.

I was starting to think SA was being left out.

Lots of good Mexican food places.  One suggestion is Margarita's Mamacita's at IH-10 near Callahan.  Plenty of room, good food and great service.  I don't think it's too pricey.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:41:12 AM EDT
[#3]
You're more than welcome to come to our (Austin's) dinners.  But that may be a tad out of the way for some of ya.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:07:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You're more than welcome to come to our (Austin's) dinners.  But that may be a tad out of the way for some of ya.

That sounds like fun, too.  Austin's not too far to go for good food and good company!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:52:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Mexican food sounds good. Count me in if it's not on a Tues-Thurs night.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Count me in also.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:04:30 PM EDT
[#8]
When are you going to try and meet for dinner? I will be in San Antonio tomorrow afternoon and evening.

Keith
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
When are you going to try and meet for dinner? I will be in San Antonio tomorrow afternoon and evening.

Keith

You should come by the Bullet Hole. Bring NFAs, I will pull out a pile of my own and we will have a good time
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I would love to fire a full auto.  Does anyone shoot there at the Bullet Hole, that is willing to let some try one out?

Feel free to IM me if so.

Also, i wouldn't mind trying a dinner night out.

Travis
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:50:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I would love to fire a full auto.  Does anyone shoot there at the Bullet Hole, that is willing to let some try one out?

Travis

We rent them. Have quite a collection of  sub guns. We had an AR-15 shoot not to long ago and between mine and some other folks I think everyone got to shoot at least 2 or 3 guns. (Gratis)

However, for my Close friends, I have been known to pull a few out of the personal collection and shoot after hours.  Perhaps that will motivate people to get interested in making a San Antonio dinner.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sounds cool.

I was starting to think SA was being left out.

Lots of good Mexican food places.  One suggestion is Margarita's at IH-10 near Callahan.  Plenty of room, good food and great service.  I don't think it's too pricey.

Do you mean Mamacitas?

Yeah Mike, thats the one.  The Margaritas must be a subliminal drink thing
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:05:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok Nate, since you volunteered to set it up, let's have a date!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Alright, I will pull the trigger on this one. Lets say Sunday March 26th at Mamicitas @ I-10 and ? (around medical)  How does 7PM sound?

I understand no matter what date, time and place I pick someone will be left out. To me sunday night sounded good because It tends not to get in the way of anything. Mamacitas seemed to be a choice already and 7 is as good a time as any and we could have an hour or two and no one will be home late for whatever.

This could be fun. I guess we need an Idea on how many might be comming. Hell I dont know many people from here, so if you dont either, dont worry about it.

If it seems like a pile of people are comming I will call for reservations.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I guess we need a sticky on this as well. Or a new thread with the info.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:54:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Tagged.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:12:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Alright, I will pull the trigger on this one. Lets say Sunday March 26th at Mamicitas @ I-10 and ? (around medical)  How does 7PM sound?

I understand no matter what date, time and place I pick someone will be left out. To me sunday night sounded good because It tends not to get in the way of anything. Mamacitas seemed to be a choice already and 7 is as good a time as any and we could have an hour or two and no one will be home late for whatever.

This could be fun. I guess we need an Idea on how many might be comming. Hell I dont know many people from here, so if you dont either, dont worry about it.

If it seems like a pile of people are comming I will call for reservations.

sounds good to me!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Travis

We rent them. Have quite a collection of  sub guns. We had an AR-15 shoot not to long ago and between mine and some other folks I think everyone got to shoot at least 2 or 3 guns. (Gratis)

However, for my Close friends, I have been known to pull a few out of the personal collection and shoot after hours.  Perhaps that will motivate people to get interested in making a San Antonio
dinner.

I need to come in and try that.

Travis
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:11:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Bump
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:00:47 AM EDT
[#21]
He folks, dont forget about this. It seems at least a handful of people are going. I have heard from a few folks that have stopped by the range and said so.

For personal reasons an a conflict of scheduals that just came up I will not be able to eat with yall, however I will try to still stop by for a few minutes.

Someone bring a pen and paper and write "AR15" or something to that effect on it so people will know.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:08:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Unfortunately, I won't make it tonight (and after suggesting the place).  I was looking forward to it, too.

I hope to make the next one (yes, there needs to be a next one).
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Oh well, I had a draw-down story from Saturday I was going to share with y'all, but I guess it'll have to wait...(BTW poor Schulze was the only one who showed up.)
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:56:55 PM EDT
[#25]
oops.... forgot... my bad
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Alright, it looks like we did have some folks who did want to do this thing so we will have to try it again. I am sorry that I just could not make it. Next time we have to get a sticky on the top of the forum.

I can not do it this week or next, so perhaps we should start shooting for mid April?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:06:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Maybe Sunday is a bad night. Why not a Friday or Saturday?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Sunday is usually a bad nite for me. I'd prefer fri or sat nite.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:57:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Anybody for 31st??  I'm game and Mamacita's is virtually around the corner from me. If anyone is driving form out of town, it's also gun show weekend at the SA Airport Conv center.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:36:16 AM EDT
[#30]
I for one can not do the 31st.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top