Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 1/11/2005 3:40:10 PM EDT
Maybe I've been asleep on this for the last year or so, but when did Ohio start charging sales tax on s&h?

I just ordered about $400 worth of stuff from Target, online. On the check out, they added up total + s&h, then taxed that ammount.  

How can s&h be taxed? Target isn't providing a service for me.....
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#1]
sure they are... they are handling your stuff.

That's wierd... but Ohio is getting tax-hungry, so it wouldn't shock me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe that came along a few years ago when they began taxing "services".  I guess shipping is now considered a service, and as such, is taxable.  Can't say as I've personally run across this myself though.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:35:20 PM EDT
[#3]
We have an "Airport Tax" on rental cars.
It is sales-taxable.
On Parking, their is no sales tax, but because there is Airport Tax on parking (9% of parking bill), folks pay $.08 sales tax, or some stupid amount based on the Airport Tax.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top