Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/23/2006 3:53:34 PM EDT
seriously, divorced relative needs a gun safe opened/ picked so it can still be used. Does anyone reccomend anyone in the Ashtabula area ?  The x will not give the combination and I REALLY want to see/ buy/sell what is there. The x has not requested the guns and its time to open the safe.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:36:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried calling a locksmith?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#2]
person with safe prefers recomendations to the yellow pages.

Sometimes we need not ask why , but just provide a solution.

From inventory of ammo, there is nothing special inside the safe, Just shrugged my shoulders and said I would ask .

thanks
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:56:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Diamond blade saw, hammer, chisel, sweat and time.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:52:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Call the manufacturer of the safe.  They may even provide the combination if you give them the same call back number that is on their warrranty information.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:15:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:20:29 PM EDT
[#6]
get a locksmith. they can get in easy. remember theft of a firearm is a   FEDERAL FELONY.   get a lawyer involved to detemine ownership of the weapons. jail time is not worth what ever is in that safe. you may also want to video tape the opening and inventory of the safe. the x may latter say there was a million bucks in gold, diamonds, cash. you get the idea. cover your ass.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Real safes all come from the factory with the same 50-25-50 combination.  Tried that?  

Which "real" safes are you talking about? I bought a real Liberty and it came from the factory with a specific combo, and real Brownings are the same. Further, you are advised that your warranty on the lock will be voided if you attempt to change the combo without using a locksmith.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:31:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:49:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Browning and Liberty both use S&G combo locks. They may come from S&G with that combo, but once they're installed in the safe they're set to something else before they leave the factory.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top