Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2013 3:39:48 PM EST
I know nothing more than what's written here: http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/laws-politics/63660-safe-act-protest-clarence-ny-sat-10-26-2013-state-trooper-barracks.html
A small group of protesters is planning a Safe Act protest at the trooper barracks Saturday. Supposedly the theme is something to the effect that all troopers in NY should state their Safe Act intentions. Maybe this was brought on by the recent strong arm raid by 30 SWAT troops in DC. Safe Act protesters could look a little silly if they appear to be laying down a demand on the troopers AT THIS POINT IN TIME.

If you're attending or know someone who is attending, please keep it classy. NYSP brass (Albany) are the ones who are driving the train and in the back pocket of Quomo. The local guys are us. By their actions so far the troopers have fed us inside information that has given the Tresmonds a one up on Andy in multiple instances. In this war, spies are a valuable asset.

The theme should be, we are one; not us and them.

We have the high road and positive public opinion supporting us, please let's keep it that way.

Kumbaya brothers and sisters.
View Quote

FWIW: One of my good friends is a Trooper; he was here this morning and said nothing to the effect, and guns are what we mostly talk about.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:49:01 AM EST
Originally Posted By fp1201:
I know nothing more than what's written here: http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/laws-politics/63660-safe-act-protest-clarence-ny-sat-10-26-2013-state-trooper-barracks.html
A small group of protesters is planning a Safe Act protest at the trooper barracks Saturday. Supposedly the theme is something to the effect that all troopers in NY should state their Safe Act intentions. Maybe this was brought on by the recent strong arm raid by 30 SWAT troops in DC. Safe Act protesters could look a little silly if they appear to be laying down a demand on the troopers AT THIS POINT IN TIME.

If you're attending or know someone who is attending, please keep it classy. NYSP brass (Albany) are the ones who are driving the train and in the back pocket of Quomo. The local guys are us. By their actions so far the troopers have fed us inside information that has given the Tresmonds a one up on Andy in multiple instances. In this war, spies are a valuable asset.

We have the high road and positive public opinion supporting us, please let's keep it that way.

View Quote

FWIW: One of my good friends is a Trooper; he was here this morning and said nothing to the effect, and guns are what we mostly talk about.
View Quote

Bump
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:16:25 AM EST
Originally Posted By fp1201:

View Quote

View Quote

An appropriate post .
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:19:59 AM EST
I think we may have better luck if we push for legislation that forces all police officers to leave their service weapons at work and be forced to comply with the law for all their personal weapons. Way too many kids have been killed with guns in cops own homes. In fact, if cops work in shifts then the police agency only needs enough weapons to cover one shift at a time. After all, due the bad guys now religiously following all of NY's firearms laws, they probably only need billy clubs.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:50:36 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gaweidert:
I think we may have better luck if we push for legislation that forces all police officers to leave their service weapons at work and be forced to comply with the law for all their personal weapons. Way too many kids have been killed with guns in cops own homes. In fact, if cops work in shifts then the police agency only needs enough weapons to cover one shift at a time. After all, due the bad guys now religiously following all of NY's firearms laws, they probably only need billy clubs.
View Quote

This happens at some Canadian departments.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:15:26 AM EST

On the "New York Revolution" Spaceface page it shows one guy getting arrested/ticketed.

I came here looking for an update.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:34:42 AM EST
View Quote

I've been saying for years that officers' personal weapons and accessories should be covered by the same laws the rest of follow. so no post ban mags, rifles, etc
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:17:30 AM EST
Originally Posted By sharky30:

I've been saying for years that officers' personal weapons and accessories should be covered by the same laws the rest of follow. so no post ban mags, rifles, etc
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Well the NYSP essentially forbid their Officers from using anything that wasn't issued by the Dept. and if they had to surrender their weapons at shift change I'm pretty sure the ones I know we say "fine, I've got better shit in my car than the crap they issue anyways."
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:28:18 AM EST
View Quote

Same Laws, Rules, regulations, and perks such as Health Care should APPLY to Congress as well.
Those entrusted with the safety and security of the State and Country should be well equipped to do so, likewise the trusted Public should also be afforded the same right of protection and the equipment to do so.
I'm very quick to question "who the fuck are you to tell me what I do or do not need!" That retort should immediately challenge all those who would state "no one needs bla, bla, bla" When I become a ward of the State and no longer in control of my freedom then someone will control my life, until such time I am a FREE AMERICAN demanding my Constitutional Rights be respected.

Every time you see a wrong go unchallenged, you set a new precedent of acceptance.
Top Top