Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/8/2005 9:15:28 AM EDT
For Release: June 30, 2005 Heidi Griesmer (614) 644-2160

Future of E-Check Program Certain with Signing of Budget Bill

Now that Ohio’s budget bill has been signed, the future of the E-Check program is known. All E-Check program changes will go into effect on January 1, 2006. Motorists whose vehicles are due to be tested in 2005 must continue to comply with the current E-Check testing requirement.

Ohio EPA has received legislative approval to extend the existing E-Check contract with Envirotest Systems for two years only in the Cleveland/Akron area, and exempt vehicles four years old and newer. In addition, motorists in Northeast Ohio will no longer have to pay a test fee beginning in 2006; the tests will be paid for by tobacco settlement funds. Vehicle emissions testing is federally mandated and must be continue in Cleveland and Akron.

The program will end in the Cincinnati and Dayton areas after the current contract expires on December 31, 2005. U.S. EPA is requiring Ohio to have a plan in place to replace the emissions reductions received from the E-Check program in Southwest Ohio by April 1, 2006.

Ohio EPA has identified a number of control measures that are equivalent to E-Check. These control measures include less volatile gasoline, lower evaporating solvents and more efficient spray guns for autobody shops. The draft rules containing these options are available for interested party comments until July 29, 2005. The draft rules can be found on the Web at http://www.epa.state.oh.us/dapc/regs/regs.html. The Agency will then issue a formal proposal and hold a public hearing on the rules.

The E-Check program helped the state meet the old one-hour ozone standard, eliminating 100,000 tons of vehicle emissions annually. Vehicle emissions technology has evolved over the last 10 years, making vehicles today cleaner than they were in the 1990s and reducing the effectiveness of the E-Check program.

-30- EPA 0402 (rev. 10/96) Printed on Recycled Paper

We came really close to cleaning Ohio up guys Unfortunetely this state doesnt care about emissions standards and cleaning up the eco system and Im sure George Bush has something to with this

I will pay my respects to fine men and women working tirelessly at the E-check station tomorrow. Their hard work and dedication was not in vein.

Please take a few moments from your day to reflect on this recent news.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:18:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2005 9:21:05 AM EDT by JohnnyMcEldoo]
On second thought I think I'll enjoy that fine cigar colt_sniper gave me at the last shoot!

ETA: To any and all state employees who may see this and are saddened by this news:

KISS THE RING FINGER..
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:52:16 PM EDT
lol
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:01:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2005 2:02:27 PM EDT by glimmerman68]
I really don't like your attitude. In fact, I think I will buy a special pair of socks just for this occasion.

<­BR>

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:55:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2005 3:57:31 PM EDT by RRA-A2]
So this means I can bolt up that 3" exhaust and pitch it out the side?
ETA: They don't do E-checks in my town anyways, so I guess it never applied to me...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:07:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JohnnyMcEldoo:
We came really close to cleaning Ohio up guys Unfortunetely this state doesnt care about emissions standards and cleaning up the eco system and Im sure George Bush has something to with this

I will pay my respects to fine men and women working tirelessly at the E-check station tomorrow. Their hard work and dedication was not in vein.

Please take a few moments from your day to reflect on this recent news.

I pray you're being sarcastic. E-Check was the biggest scam on the planet. For years I had to take every one of my cars to that stupid thing and pay them $19.50 to test my car. Only 14 counties in Ohio were "blessed" with mandated emissions testing... of course, Columbus wasn't one of them.

E-Check was bullshit. All of my cars passed the first time with the exception of two. One because the gas cap suposedly leaked, which it didn't, and if it did, it would have been my problem. I just swapped it for a gas cap on my other car and then swapped it back when finished. The other car that didn't pass passed when I loaded the tank down with rubbing alcohol... then I promptly swapped the engine for an Olds 455 which kicked ass. The testing never took me off the road for having a gas tank that leaked all over the place if I filled it more than half way. I didn't really care, it just required me to stop for gas more often than I wanted to.

E-Check is a scam. It only causes greif to those who drive older cars, and can't affoard to waste money satisfying tree huggers. Your shitty econo-box would fail while a giant Hummer H2 passed even though it polluted way more. It was a waste of my time, an inconveinence and it should never have been instituted in the first place.

My friend just puts on his catalytic converter every two years for a week, passes and then takes it back off.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:21:52 PM EDT

I pray you're being sarcastic.

Who me?

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:31:56 PM EDT

Did you even bother to read his second post? It's fairly extremely evident that he is.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:36:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Vice:

Did you even bother to read his second post? It's fairly extremely evident that he is.

He missed it. He's a college boy and time is short Im sure.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:36:55 PM EDT
A shitty little econo-box may very well pollute more than a H2. Said shitty little econo-box may pollute more than a 12.7L Detroit Diesel S60! It all depends on how the engine is maintained/tuned. That being said, I still say fuck E-check. Huge waste of time and tax money.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:13:53 AM EDT
Sweet yo! Now I can put a whistle tip in my muffler , "the whistles go WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

­J/K
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:15:06 AM EDT
i have hated e-check from the day it was instituted. it only satisfied two groups, the first being the tree huggers, and of course the politicians from the money aspect. had they been serious they would have made it state wide including columbus.

i think what really piised the average joe off is that you had to maintain your vehicle while commercial vehicles were still belching their crap out in the name of commerce and the politicos looked the other way

back in july i had to have my jeep tested. i remember talking with the workers. they were telling me oh the state will never do away with e-check....WRONG....Bye bye.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:06:09 PM EDT
Miami county never had it, and thank God never will. Don't know WHAT in the hell I would have done with my Mustang.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top