Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2006 9:04:07 AM EDT
This posting is for those of you interested in the Snoqualmie Valley Rifle Club being listed on the FOTT "supporters". As I mentioned before this was a BS and bogus claim!!! Now if you go to the FOTT website, they have REMOVED SVRC's name. Somebody from the SVRC board contacted them and reminded them that we ARE NOT a supporter of their organization or anything they stand for!
www.friendsofthetrail.org/website2003_files/page0006.htm

Below is my note to the club:

[Add to Address Book]  
To:[email protected]
Cc:  [email protected]
Subject:  Re: FW: Snoqualmie Rifle /FOTT advertising
Date:  Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:48:25 AM  [View Source]    

I checked the FOTT page you mentioned below this morning
and it looks like the reference to SVRC has been removed.
On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 22:02:25 +0000
[email protected] wrote:
> Gentlemen:
> I am wondering if you have received this...and the SVRC
>response.
> Thank You
>
> -------------- Forwarded Message: --------------
>From: xxxxxxxxxxx
> To: [email protected]
> Cc: [email protected]
> Subject: Snoqualmie Rifle /FOTT adverstising
> Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 00:28:33 +0000
>
> Jim / Sean:
>
> Hi. I wanted to bring to your attention some VERY BAD
>PRESS and comments being made by folks regarding SVRC's
>relationship wiith "Friends of the Trail"
> http://www.friendsofthetrail.org/website2003_files/page0006.htm
> I understand a while back a couple of our members agreed
>to help FOTT to clean up some public areas that had been
>dumped on with garbage. That is an admirable thing to do.
>However, now the FOTT which is a very NON FRIENDLY GUN
>GROUP lists SVRC as one of their "contributors" or
>supporters! If you look at the list on the link, the
>Sierra Club, Ron Sims etc. etc is listed. This is hardly
>an NRA support group!!!
> To the meaning of this e-mail. I am a SVRC member an
>avid AR-15 shooter. I participate in a website:
>http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=8&f=15
> which in the Washington home town forum has consistently
>slammed the SVRC for "supporting" the FOTT. I think it
>behooves SVRC to set the record straight!
> We are a 100% NRA backer and a voice for shooters
>rights! I know for fact that MANY of the AR shooters in
>WA won't join SVRC because of the FOTT link.
> Please e-mail or call me so we can get this squared
>away.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

SO....R-32 Are you gonna join now?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:16:19 AM EDT
[#1]
This is definitely good news. I think though that you should make sure that members of the club know not to even mention their affiliation with the club for anything without express permission of the President/board. Friends of the Trail got that association somehow. Other organizations could possibly do the same.

The same is pretty similar with AR15.com. The staff and moderators have to think about the image of the site when they do or say anything. They are allowed their own opinions and freedom to post in any thread they desire, but they have to consider the site when they do. They can't go off and present themselves as a representative of the site unless they have staff approval and actually are representing the site. Some abuse this but are dealt with swiftly.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:33:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This is definitely good news. I think though that you should make sure that members of the club know not to even mention their affiliation with the club for anything without express permission of the President/board. Friends of the Trail got that association somehow. Other organizations could possibly do the same.

JAFO...
Good idea, thanks. I plan on bringing this up at the annual meeting next week. FOTT is obviously desperate to list ANYONE even remotely to their radical left wing agenda. I was elated to get this news this morning!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Outstanding news, Im glad to see that they have some membership that cares about their image.

Quoted:

As I mentioned before this was a BS and bogus claim!!!

It was never a Bogus claim, You saw it listed yourself.

Your leadership let it get posted with their blessing, and/or your  leadership/membership does not keep up on local political activity in the RKBA front.

There is no other excuse....

Looking very good that I will.

1GH1, you have done an outstanding job, and Im glad you are looking out for the image of your club, but even though we know a story about how this was supposed to have gone down, dont go around saying it was a "BS and Bogus claim" that is very foolish on your part. Members here for years have seen the name on the web page, and we have seen what FOTT does. It was Never a BS or Bogus claim. If it really went down the way you say, (and I have not doubt that you are telling the story the way it really went down...) It was a good deed gone bad by a club that did not do it's homework, or did not think about the reprecussions down the road.

Now dont let this bend you out of shape, It is the way I see it. Know that you did an Outstanding job,  turned down the heat, and helped stop a boiling pot that has been overflowing for years on this board.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Outstanding news, Im glad to see that they have some membership that cares about their image.

Quoted:
As I mentioned before this was a BS and bogus claim!!!

It was never a Bogus claim, You saw it listed yourself.
R-32...I'm talking about the bogus claim that SVRC really did ENDORSE FOTT, which was NEVER the case

Your leadership let it get posted with their blessing, and/or your  leadership/membership does not keep up on local political activity in the RKBA front.
There is no other excuse....
You are correct. Somebody should have taken care of this some time ago. I have not been an AR-15 member or SVRC member for the length of time you said this has been brewing.

Looking very good that I will.
Good.

1GH1, you have done an outstanding job, and Im glad you are looking out for the image of your club, but even though we know a story about how this was supposed to have gone down, dont go around saying it was a "BS and Bogus claim" that is very foolish on your part. SEE ABOVE Members here for years have seen the name on the web page, and we have seen what FOTT does. It was Never a BS or Bogus claim. If it really went down the way you say, (and I have not doubt that you are telling the story the way it really went down...) It was a good deed gone bad by a club that did not do it's homework, or did not think about the reprecussions down the road.
Probably true.

Now dont let this bend you out of shape, It is the way I see it. Know that you did an Outstanding job,  turned down the heat, and helped stop a boiling pot that has been overflowing for years on this board.

Glad its been put to rest. Thanks for the comments.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:42:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Now back to SVRC's highpower program...the next match is 1/29...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:47:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I will be sending in a application for membership in the next few days.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Back at ya!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top