Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 9:54:07 AM EDT
So I want to buy a suppressor from a dealer in another state and have it sent to my usual FFL who is also an SOT. They are Bullseye Indoor Gun Range & Gun Shop. They only charge around $20 or $25 bucks for regular transfers but they want $100 for an NFA transfer. That sounds like a lot, is there any SOT in the Atlanta area you can recommend that might be less expensive? Should I try to find a YHM dealer so that maybe I can avoid this fee? thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:00:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Try Chris at Mr Pawn in Lilburn, I believe that he only charges 50 on an NFA transfer.  And I know 100 bucks seems high but I look at it this way, its a set fee and I make the SOT work for it, they should do all the paperwork and yadda yadda.  BUT keep in mind when they charge that same 100 dollars on a 15k dollar machine gun transfer 100 bucks isnt much.  

That is why I always say find a local stocking dealer, unless someons price out of state is cheap enough to cover the transfer fee as well and still be lower than the local dealer.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:04:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Try Chris at Mr Pawn in Lilburn, I believe that he only charges 50 on an NFA transfer.  And I know 100 bucks seems high but I look at it this way, its a set fee and I make the SOT work for it, they should do all the paperwork and yadda yadda.  BUT keep in mind when they charge that same 100 dollars on a 15k dollar machine gun transfer 100 bucks isnt much.  

That is why I always say find a local stocking dealer, unless someons price out of state is cheap enough to cover the transfer fee as well and still be lower than the local dealer.

I'll try and give him a call. Yeah the price was really good, but with the extra $100 tacked on it might be just as cheap if not a little cheaper to find a stocking dealer. Does anyone know of a stocking dealer near Atlanta of YHM Suppressors? I googled it and found nothing. YHM website does not have a dealer locater either which is kind of annoying.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:11:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

yeah, $100 on the super over-priced forced government cost of the $15k machine gun....

thats like saying a full auto M16 has $20k worth of parts in it vs. a regular AR

it should be a $25 trasfer on a $1500 machine gun

puuhhhhplease

stupid federal government
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Try Polite Society, I dont know if he stocks the brand you are looking for but I know his prices are great. He may have one that is comparable or better than what you want, cheaper, and you are helping out an HTF guy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:01:25 AM EDT
[#5]
+1 to Polite Society.  You never know they might cut you a better deal on a better brand of suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:19:36 AM EDT
[#6]
+2 on PSI.  when you figure out the transfer fees and the extra time on the form 3 and such it's just not worth it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#7]
+3 on Polite Society!! However, If you really have to have a YHM, Bullseye in L'ville stocks them. I would check with Mark and Allen first though.

rich
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top