Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 3:13:54 PM EDT
For those of you that have been TRASHING the SVRC.....let me provide an update. I just got off of the phone with the club secretary and should be hearing from the club President within the hour.
Here are the facts!!!

(1) Almost a year ago a member of FOTT (Friends of the trail) contacted one of our board members asking for "assistance" in cleaning a area in the Snoqualmie Valley area to be cleaned up from people who had dumped garbage. Two of our members "volunteered" to help out. No DONATION EVER WAS PROVIDED other than sweat and assistance.

(2) The Snoqualmie Valley Rifle Club NEVER KNEW NOR AUTHORIZED THE FOTT to put our name on their website! This is FALSE advertising in its worst form. Jim our President is looking into this right now to have this removed!!

(3) SVRC is a 100% GOLD MEMBER NRA CLUB.....it is mandatory to be an NRA member before joining. I don't think the "list" of "friends" (Ron Sims, Sierra Club etc.) fit with our membership!

I am asking Jim our member to post a letter here on AR-15.com to explain this situation!
Regards,
1GH
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:19:42 PM EDT
[#1]
It's funny they didn't give this response the last time it was brought to their attention.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It's funny they didn't give this response the last time it was brought to their attention.

JAFO....
Who did you speak to? Do you have a name or contact? Letter? E-mail?
Its amazing the "shock" I got when I brought it to their attention. This is a CLUB operation.
They don't have MONEY to donate to left wing operations.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:35:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

JAFO....
Who did you speak to? Do you have a name or contact? Letter? E-mail?
Its amazing the "shock" I got when I brought it to their attention. This is a CLUB operation.
They don't have MONEY to donate to left wing operations.

I was not the one who contacted them. I will try to find the link.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#4]
JAFO, please give us some facts here. Have you talked to Wade at FOTT or is their "anti hunting" stand something you "heard"? Who did you talk to at SVRC (if it was email i probably would have seen it). Let's not trash a good organization without getting sources and verifying some basic facts first.

SVRC IS a great club and none of the leaders of that club are 'anti hunting'. I, personally, knew the president of FOTT between 1999 and 2001 and HE was not at that time anti hunting. When I helped him do the badly needed community service of cleaning trails up there (a benefit to hunters) he told me hunting stories himself.

So, i don't know if things have changed or if someone heard something from someone that heard something that maybe wasn't really real... but before we decide that one of Western Washingtons critical shooting resources is a den of anti hunting... (geez have you guys -been- to the range during rifle site in days??) thieves. Could we please have a fair shake?

Boyd Kneeland, SVRC chief instructor, six year volunteer, speaking for myself
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Explanation

"To suppose arms in the hands of citizens, to be used at individual discretion, except in private self-defense, or by partial orders of towns, countries or districts of a state, is to demolish every constitution, and lay the laws prostrate, so that liberty can be enjoyed by no man; it is a dissolution of the government. The fundamental law of the militia is, that it be created, directed and commanded by the laws, and ever for the support of the laws."

--John Adams, A Defense of the Constitutions of the United States 475 (1787-1788)

* Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
TJ         o Letter to Isaac H. Tiffany (1819)
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:31:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone on this thread please feel free to contact me directly. I'm in email 6-4 PDT every business day at boyd at seanet.com. I won't speak for the club, but I have first hand experience with all of this.... except the part where Jafo contacted someone earlier. This is the first I've heard of any of this.
I have sent email to the president of FOTT (using the email on his site) to get information, I expect information from this forum and I'm sure we've all got something to learn from this. If I don't hear from Wade by Thursday I'll drive to the last address I had for him (like I've said, I was involved in this a few years ago) and knock on his front door.

As for FOTTs listed "friends", give some thought to what they do. They towed many many many rusted hulks of cars out of the north fork and that area. It is -impossible- to do that without special police clearance (as many of those cars have vins altered or questionable possibly criminal history). Who would be able to help with getting legal cooperation of King County Sherrif? It costs a fortune to do work like that, why -not- use the Sierra clubs money for it? There is more here then meets the eye folks and I don't think we've all got our eyes open. All IMO
Boyd Kneeland
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Someone gotta little sand in their mangina....(and cant read that this is not about hunting).

Quoted:

As for FOTTs listed "friends", give some thought to what they do.

They lobby local Govt to close down areas to recreational shooting...

They tell/ bring out local news media to film us shooting, and put spin on our shooting that tells everyone that WE are the ones littering, and being wreckless.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
JAFO, please give us some facts here. Have you talked to Wade at FOTT or is their "anti hunting" stand something you "heard"? Who did you talk to at SVRC (if it was email i probably would have seen it). Let's not trash a good organization without getting sources and verifying some basic facts first.

SVRC IS a great club and none of the leaders of that club are 'anti hunting'. I, personally, knew the president of FOTT between 1999 and 2001 and HE was not at that time anti hunting. When I helped him do the badly needed community service of cleaning trails up there (a benefit to hunters) he told me hunting stories himself.

So, i don't know if things have changed or if someone heard something from someone that heard something that maybe wasn't really real... but before we decide that one of Western Washingtons critical shooting resources is a den of anti hunting... (geez have you guys -been- to the range during rifle site in days??) thieves. Could we please have a fair shake?

Boyd Kneeland, SVRC chief instructor, six year volunteer, speaking for myself

I never said a thing about "anti hunting." FOTT works hard to get shooting areas closed down for shooters. You can sugar coat or word it any way you like but that is factual. They were successful in their campaign to close the Sultan Basin shooting areas. I was there when that Wade dork invited the news crew there and the news story was made to make it sound like those of us who were there shooting were the ones who dumped the trash there. It is a fact that I took out more trash than I brought in that day.

I will never support an organization like FOTT when they are clearly out to close public shooting areas. I will not support a rifle club who is listed as a supporter of FOTT and who has a member like yourself come in here to defend their actions.

Search the archive server for more info. Look for things like "sultan basin", "no shooting", "shut down", etc.

An article about Friends of the Trail and their mission in life:
seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/157624_csultanshoot22.html
http://www.friendsofthetrail.org/website2003_files/page0013.htm

He hounds law-enforcement officials for help, rides the Forest Service for not doing enough, and confronts partying teenagers, machine-gun-toting target shooters and homeless squatters who move to a new campsite in the woods every two weeks and leave a pile of garbage in their wake.
A lot of "machine gun-gun-toting target shooters" in WA, eh?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:41:37 PM EDT
[#9]

I am asking Jim our member to post a letter here on AR-15.com to explain this situation!

!Gunner:  thanks for looking into this.  If there's anything I can do to help sort out what appears to be a gross misunderstanding (anti-gunners (FOTT) misleading folks?  Unprecedented!:) , please let me know.

In terms of getting shooting rights back in the Sultan Basin, is anyone looking at what that would take?  I'd be glad to help out with a regular cleanup party if that would help.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

In terms of getting shooting rights back in the Sultan Basin, is anyone looking at what that would take?  I'd be glad to help out with a regular cleanup party if that would help.

There were years worth of cleanup's. We even had Wade come up to us and get in our face once. Just like lots of other Firearms issues when it came down to it.. It was all talk... 3 people show'd up at the county council meeting,  Myself and I think one or two others did the letter to the editor thing. This was a issue for a couple of years before they went for the full blown closure. The best one was when they brought out the film crew from KOMO, (I think) and did the story shooting pics and trying to inverview...They have called us names like Drugie punks, and gun toteing nuts...

1Gunner can cry foul all he wants, but this is the same guy that was trying to propose a ammo tax with the money going to his group. The same guy that had Cease Fire members helping him trash talk us... You can bet that we knew who was backing them, and when we see a range backing them, why would we want to support them?...You trying to tell me that no one in that club was paying attention?....

It does look like the range may have been taken advantage of, fine, I understand how a couple of people can wreck it for the whole group. But who was watching, and why is it taking this long to be addressed?...This has been a issue on this board for years. Does the club allow just anyone to go do things in the name of the whole?...

Like I said already...

I will be happy to see them have the name removed, and make it known that they will not send FOTT one red cent/ Allow the membership to use the name of the club for their activities....(That is the ONLY reason I have not joined).
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#11]
C&D to fott's host would have ended that issue a long time ago.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Who is "they"?

That's the kind of vaguery we need to replace with names and faces here if we hope to replace inuendo with fact. I named the two groups in my example. Ron Sims and Sierra Club.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:40:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I resent your claim that I defended FOTTs action, I did no such thing. I posted about the value of SVRC and tried to present a channel through wich you could get information. My bad.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There were years worth of cleanup's. We even had Wade come up to us and get in our face once. Just like lots of other Firearms issues when it came down to it.. It was all talk... 3 people show'd up at the county council meeting,  Myself and I think one or two others did the letter to the editor thing. This was a issue for a couple of years before they went for the full blown closure. The best one was when they brought out the film crew from KOMO, (I think) and did the story shooting pics and trying to inverview...They have called us names like Drugie punks, and gun toteing nuts...

1Gunner can cry foul all he wants, but this is the same guy that was trying to propose a ammo tax with the money going to his group. The same guy that had Cease Fire members helping him trash talk us... You can bet that we knew who was backing them, and when we see a range backing them, why would we want to support them?...You trying to tell me that no one in that club was paying attention?....he
Like I said already...

I will be happy to see them have the name removed, and make it known that they will not send FOTT one red cent/ Allow the membership to use the name of the club for their activities....(That is the ONLY reason I have not joined).

Why are you replying to Dons message? The only thing he did was offer to help.

You weren't the only one with letters published on Sultan Basin, recheck your newspaper archives, my name was there too.

As for "this has been a issue on this board for years" , -when-? I've been attending board meetings at that club (as I said earlier) since 1999.  Two meetings ago there were -five- people (out of hundreds of members)  who could take the time to drive down and be there. I was one of them and I don't remember any new faces.

If this had come up -once-, -I- would have moved that we ask Wade to remove us from his site. Who did you contact about this? And, since you've contacted the board about this you must already know that the club never DID send FOTT "One red cent".  It was two members going out and raking empty shell casings up and helping to clean up after shooters in our community. YEARS before the closing of the sultan basin, trying to help improve our image and prevent closings because of shot up trash and dumpsters of empty cases left lying in the woods by careless people.

Sorry if Wade "got in your face" in Sultan (years after FOTT put us on his page) but nobody from SVRC has ever done anything like that to a shooter. Maybe it's time to come to a meeting and actually meet the people who work hard to keep this club together. All IMO
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Who is "they"?

That's the kind of vaguery we need to replace with names and faces here if we hope to replace inuendo with fact. I named the two groups in my example. Ron Sims and Sierra Club.

You have been here 3 years, with 8  posts...

You could have put an end to this a long time ago if you wanted to, darn near all of it took place in the last 3 years.

In my post, "They" will mean FOTT, and or their membership.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:17:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Who is "they"?

You have been here 3 years, with 8  posts...

You could have put an end to this a long time ago if you wanted to, darn near all of it took place in the last 3 years.hey"

Yes, I've been short on time what with becoming an NRA training counselor, giving weekends to Kenmore range teaching, donating time as a board member of WAC (and commmitte chair), spending election cycles trying (not always succesfully) to find volunteers for pro gun candidates as NRAs 8th District election volunteer coordinator, instructing at svrc, Chairing a FoNRA committe that raises thousands of dollars for local ranges and shooting sports, president of Council for Legislative Action Washington,  and, oh yeah, working through ILA to try and prevent range closures in Redmond and Gig Harbor. I guess what with that and trying to work enough to feed myself I may have missed your posts on this one forum here.

But didn't you tell us that you contacted the board? Makes sense, after all their email addresses are all on the svrc web page. and they're the ones who can make the change. Meeting dates have always been at www.svrifle.c om and for the 6 years I've been there they've always been open to the public the second thursday at the preston community center... anyones allowed to speak at meetings.

If all of it took place in the last 3 years then you've answered your own question. FOTTs "membership" is -Wade- and 5 years ago when he put that on his page he was not talking ammo tax or anti hunting or any of that. Perhaps you could consider that two hard working svrc volunteers spent a fall helping clean up after slob shooters in hopes of helping to prevent closures and that in the intervening years they weren't among the 2 or 3 people who stumbled onto his small backwater on the information super off ramp? Perhaps, rather then an attack on shooters, you might consider that this was a well intentioned and minor (fott.org isn't cnn.com here)  mistake. I dunno. But let me just repeat all the stuff I said earlier. My names Boyd Kneeland, you all have my email address now. Mabye instead of posting complaints in a distant forum you could take your information to any of the numerous public places the club does outreach. Or, even to me, a guy busting his ass for rkba who would rather hear about the problems while they can be solved rather then after they become a tidal wave of supposition frustration and inuendo.  Good night, and mery christmas to all. (all my personal opinion)
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Why are you replying to Dons message? The only thing he did was offer to help.

And he has been a pleasure to talk with about this, If you look you will see that I was responding to a question he asked.

You weren't the only one with letters published on Sultan Basin, recheck your newspaper archives, my name was there too.

OUTSTANDING!...So you were one of the 3 or so also.

As for "this has been a issue on this board for years" , -when-? I've been attending board meetings at that club (as I said earlier) since 1999.

Well... for starters... Im not a member of SV range, and you would think that that was picked up in the rest of the posts, so "this board" would mean ARFcom's Washington Hometown Forum.

Two meetings ago there were -five- people (out of hundreds of members)  who could take the time to drive down and be there. I was one of them and I don't remember any new faces.

Again...Not a member of your club, Sorry to hear that your membership dont show to meetings..

If this had come up -once-, -I- would have moved that we ask Wade to remove us from his site.

That is nice to hear, and if I were a member I would have second'd it post haste.

Who did you contact about this? And, since you've contacted the board about this you must already know that the club never DID send FOTT "One red cent".

I did not need to contact anyone about this, It is not my club, and none of my business on the Political leanings, I simply chose not to support your club, and I do not care HOW your club chose to support them with $$$ or Muscle, the Fact is, Your club is listed as a supporter of a Anti Gun Org. I will not support any club that is listed to any anti club....

It was two members going out and raking empty shell casings up and helping to clean up after shooters in our community. YEARS before the closing of the sultan basin, trying to help improve our image and prevent closings because of shot up trash and dumpsters of empty cases left lying in the woods by careless people.

Im sorry to hear that, Im glad to know that you also have members that care about the shooting community, Once again...MEMBERS OF THIS BOARD (Washington Hometown Forum) have had several clean up party's over the years, I have done several dump trips on my own dime, as well as others here. You will not find a pig among us on any shooting range.

Sorry if Wade "got in your face" in Sultan (years after FOTT put us on his page) but nobody from SVRC has ever done anything like that to a shooter.

No one ever said any member of SVRC ever did such a thing in any post I have read over the years. ( So you and 1gunner, can unwad your shorts whenever you want, people are trying to be civil here) Wade did not only get in "my face", but several faces from this board (Washington Hometown Forum) along with name calling, and bringing in media to slam everyone. that had a firearm in hand or on hip.

Maybe it's time to come to a meeting and actually meet the people who work hard to keep this club together. All IMO

All 5 of you?..

I still think you all need to relax a little, our fight on this board has always been with Friends of the Trail. Im glad to see that after several years of this subject ( and you have been here long enough to see the posts if you would have looked)  that someone from your club is looking into it, There have been several members of your club here that have not so much as raised a finger. If you are going to look into it then great!...Let me know when it is a done deal, I will join right up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:11:48 PM EDT
[#18]
If this is resolved I will put in for a membership.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Discussion of Sultan Basin closing and SVRC's support of FOTT:
archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=193380

It has been brought up on a few occasions. The problem with searching the archive server is that you must know the title of the thread. I do not remember the titles of every thread in which it was brought up.

Someone claimed they would look into it with SVRC. I remember that being said. You can trust that I am telling the truth or not. I do not remember any outcry. The name was not removed from FOTT's list. Can I be certain the person who said they would look into it did? No.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:57:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
you are going to look into it then great!...Let me know when it is a done deal, I will join right up.

Gee...what a "priviledge" for us.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:05:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
you are going to look into it then great!...Let me know when it is a done deal, I will join right up.

You are just the example of what that club is all about I bet... from to in one short day

Sorry donbcivil, you were doing just fine in the other post till  1gunnerhogan got involved.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:34:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And with that, you risk losing two future members. Sad.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:52:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe not, I can understand how one person can wreck it for the rest, so I wont hold 1Gh1's comments against the whole club...

May I ask when the next meeting it?.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:55:28 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
you are going to look into it then great!...Let me know when it is a done deal, I will join right up.hr

Gee...what a "priviledge" for us. hr

Maybe not, I can understand how one person can wreck it for the rest, so I wont hold 1Gh1's comments against the whole club...

May I ask when the next meeting it?.

Understand that my frustration in this was in seeing my club torn down by folks unwilling to contact it. Which, if you believe this stuff enough to complain about it in public, doesn't seem like a tough call. I hope that perception was wrong.
SVRC (and my name) are totally googleable, however our website is at http://www.svrifle.com. In the nav pane on the left you'll see "calendar" and contacts (I'm one of the people who get the instruction email), but as I said meetings are almost always second thursday of the month.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:55:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Hopefully you've already recieved this message from the rkba lists you're on. If not, consider acting on this washington EVC alert to help keep public lands open:
--------------------------
Please take a moment to review the following e-mails.  We ask that you please take the suggested action, and forward the information along to other active volunteers.  

The attached email identifies changes being made to the management of DNR land.  DNR land is state land owned by us.

There are 2 important issues relative to these changes that impact our rights.

When one reads
http://www.nmaoffroad.org/news/051128_DNR_WAC_Draft.pdf

Under 332-52-052 it makes it illegal to carry a loaded firearm on DNR roads and trails unless authorized.  It would appear that one will lose their 2nd amendment rights along with their right to carry while on some DNR land.

Also under New Section 352-52-080 it would appear that we will be losing our access to DNR land.  If there is no sign then no access.  It should be the other way around, all roads and trails should be open unless posted closed,and should be questioned if closed.

Please contact Doug Southerland and express your dislike for these changes.

DOUG SUTHERLAND
Washington State Commissioner of Public Lands
Department of Natural Resources
P.O. Box 47001,
Olympia, WA 98504-7001
Phone: (360) 902-1004
FAX: (360) 902-1775

Email address:
[email protected]

PLEASE BE PROACTIVE AND DEMAND THAT THESE CHANGES BE CANCELLED/CHANGED PRIOR TO THEM BECOMING LAW.

The DNR's new proposed WAC revision (11/28/05) basically creates a new "Closed unless posted open" policy for OHV and Recreational Shooting/Hunting on DNR (OUR Public Land!)  It will be illegal to cross or walk on a trail on WA DNR land with a loaded firearm if the DNR goes ahead with this!

NO!  I don't understand why Doug Sutherland, OUR elected Public Lands Commissioner is letting his staff propose turning public land into a new King's Forest!

You can now read the entire text of the DNR's 11/28/05 draft WAC for yourself.   Take your blood pressure pills FIRST!

The link to that draft is http://www.nmaoffroad.org/news/051128_DNR_WAC_Draft.pdf

<http://www.nmaoffroad.org/news/051128_DNR_WAC_Draft.pdf>

Thanks to the NMA for putting this online!

The link to the existing DNR WAC is http://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=332-52
<http://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=332-52>

Please send your OHV comments to the NMA via  [email protected]

Also feel free to send your personal comments regarding the DNR's attempt to turn PUBLIC Land into a new KING's FOREST directly to Doug Sutherland (the DNR's ONLY elected official) via email using [email protected]     Too much of OUR DNR land is already locked up to keep it from use by the public, instead of for use by the public!

Be sure to blind copy [email protected] with all emails concerning OHV use so the NMA representative on the WAC committee will have a copy of your comments for use in the upcoming meetings.

Comments/suggestions for dealing with these proposed regulations on Recreational Shooting or hunting on DNR land should be blind copied to me [email protected] if sent directly to Doug Sutherland.

I need your input on the proposed WAC revisions regarding firearm use on DNR's 6.1 million acres of  land and water as I am the Recreational Shooting representative on the DNR's WAC Revision Committee.  Send them to me  via [email protected]

The Legislature has not directed the DNR to rewrite any WACs by changing any RCWs.  The DNR has just taken it upon themselves to rewrite the laws regarding DNR land!

Speak up now or be banned from the new King's Forest!

Dave Hiatt
Recreational Shooting Representative
DNR WAC Revision Committee
[email protected]
---------------------------
Maybe DNR is seeing some slob shooters they don't want to hassle with... lets make it clear that it's our land to use. As always, please type responsibly using words you would use with your mother (discourtesy gets your cause ignored). Boyd Kneeland wa-08 Election Volunteer Coordinator
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:28:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Clawista92

Thanks for posting this info. Most of us are aware of this already/see thread on bottom of page/ Are there going
to be any public hearings on this?

DNR not allowing Firearms on DNR land 6.1 million Acres unless posted open.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:49:16 AM EDT
[#27]
The only part of this I have any problem with is the attitude that over the years we've been slamming SVR. That has NEVER been the case. I've been out to SVR to see about membership. The fellows out I asked about the FOTT deal all indicated to me they weren't really sure what the club was affliated with but that if was on FOTT web page it must be true. That may just be simple ignorance of the facts. So be it. It is good to see SVR, now this has been directly taken to them, will do something about it.

I understand Boyd's defensiveness. I'm sure it was conveyed to him we sit around saying SVR is anti-everything and a bunch of stiff nosed elitists. I can't speak for everyone here but I'm sorry if that was the impression given. Everyone who has discussed this has said its a great facility but affliated with one of the most vitrolic anti-anything but hugging trees organizations in Western Washington. That is and has been the only issue I have ever had with SVR or that I've seen discussed here. That now appears to be on the way to being corrected. People copping attitudes doesn't help anything.

I find it very interesting that now Sultan Basin is closed and the shooters have quit taking garbage out that its turned into a real shit hole. I guess it's mission accomplished for FOTT though since the hikers are safe from stray bullets on the non-existent trails out there. . It also speaks volumes to just what FOTT goals are. FOTT is now on the same mission on the Middle Fork. They've already managed to get the upper road closed.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:31:01 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I find it very interesting that now Sultan Basin is closed and the shooters have quit taking garbage out that its turned into a real shit hole. I guess it's mission accomplished for FOTT though since the hikers are safe from stray bullets on the non-existent trails out there. . It also speaks volumes to just what FOTT goals are. FOTT is now on the same mission on the Middle Fork. They've already managed to get the upper road closed.

It sure would be nice if the liberal media would do a follow up story, and make corrections to their misinformation from the previous story, but we know that will never happen.

If SVRC's name was not on that FOTT list I would have joined long ago. That is the only reason I did not join. I never said anything about the membership. I have only expressed that I would not join an organization that supports FOTT. Whether they truly support that organization or not is irrelevant as long as they are on that list. If "they" were taken off the list but still supported FOTT, then that would not be good either.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:53:09 PM EDT
[#29]
"I love SVRC and FOTT"

-OdT
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It sure would be nice if the liberal media would do a follow up story, and make corrections to their misinformation from the previous story, but we know that will never happen.

If SVRC's name was not on that FOTT list I would have joined long ago. That is the only reason I did not join. I never said anything about the membership. I have only expressed that I would not join an organization that supports FOTT. Whether they truly support that organization or not is irrelevant as long as they are on that list. If "they" were taken off the list but still supported FOTT, then that would not be good either.

I have a old friend that works at king five that owes Me a favor. I am going
to give it a try
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Understand that my frustration in this was in seeing my club torn down by folks unwilling to contact it. Which, if you believe this stuff enough to complain about it in public, doesn't seem like a tough call. I hope that perception was wrong.

Nah, we just bitch about everything, we're old.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Nah, we just bitch about everything, we're old.

Speak for yourself ya old fart!....
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Any update yet?

I did have one question: was the current president of the club on the board in 2002-3?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#35]
I don't recall voting for any of these FOTT or DNR assholes! Who gave them the right to take our land away from us?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Who gave them the right to take our land away from us?

We did....

BTW: You all should seen the nice new No Shooting signs out in Cedar Ponds. The same signs that FOTT put up along in Sultan Basin, before they went to the County Govt for Official Signs.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Quoted:

BTW: You all should seen the nice new No Shooting signs out in Cedar Ponds. The same signs that FOTT put up along in Sultan Basin, before they went to the County Govt for Official Signs.

If they are up ilegally they should be removed This has been My favorite spot since they closed down sultan. We are running out of places to shoot fast
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:27:48 PM EDT
[#38]
I still shoot out there, I just go a little farther back, and a little higher up...

The way I see it, I just dont shoot in between the signs.

BTW: The place is TRASHED!...lots of junk cars everywhere, It has never been like that till they started running the shooters out.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:58:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Just an update. I have NOT received word from Jim the President at SVRC, but a few members have been discussing the FALSE advertising by the FOTT. The annual club meeting/voting will be taking place next Wednesday 1/12 at the Preston CC 7:30PM...I plan on bringing up this issue if I don't hear back before then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top