And I have a spot ready for one in the Ft Knox ready and waiting

www.slr15.com

http://www.slr15.com/operator4339large.jpg
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:04:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd hit it!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know if I'd hit it,  but I'd definately shoot it!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:23:20 AM EDT
[#3]
for me personally, I would buy one of the already established ar's.....Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt, DPMS, and  RRA before I would take a chance on a new company with no history and shell out $1100 for their cheapest rifle. But, the rifle looks good and no doubt will sell.  good luck with it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:12:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
for me personally, I would buy one of the already established ar's.....Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt, DPMS, and  RRA before I would take a chance on a new company with no history and shell out $1100 for their cheapest rifle. But, the rifle looks good and no doubt will sell.  good luck with it.

Sully has forgot more about the AR15s than you should ever hope to know.  Stop jacking threads and let a disscusion be without your neg attitude! I would never dream of saying that in some one elses thread.  but that is just me.   The SLRs will be great, as I know they will be from knowing Sully personally, he is great at everything he does.  Some people will always hate a winner becuse they are losers and trolls with nothing good to say cus thier life sucks and they have to take it out on every one else.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#6]
That's fine, Sully. It's hard to keep up with all the ar15 clones on the market now. I can't seem to find your rifle in any links that are on most gun websites or I would have known about the SLR15. Hope you sell a bunch.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That's fine, Sully. It's hard to keep up with all the ar15 clones on the market now. I can't seem to find your rifle in any links that are on most gun websites or I would have known about the SLR15. Hope you sell a bunch.

I know you read the title of the thread, so why did you come in here, besides to put it down.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:38:05 PM EDT
[#8]
start using your original ID instead of a 2nd one.....
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:43:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

This is originall I have been reading your toll posts for a year now you just make friends easy I guess. And the mod just warned us to stop trolling.yet you continue trolling. why?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:49:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is originall I have been reading your toll posts for a year now you just make friends easy I guess. And the mod just warned us to stop trolling.yet you continue trolling. why?

a question was asked and I answered it and stated that I would stick to the A,B,C,D, and R of ar15's....I hope Sully sells a lot of his rifles which I have stated in both posts...and by the way, you are the one that is letting this posting get out of hand..
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:57:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

a question was asked and I answered it and stated that I would stick to the A,B,C,D, and R of ar15's....I hope Sully sells a lot of his rifles which I have stated in both posts...and by the way, you are the one that is letting this posting get out of hand..

The thread went down as soon as you came here, it is already crap if Sully had to defend himself because of your attack, and thats what it was.  My mom told me if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.  Unlike your mom who did not teach you much for manners.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Sully,  I was unable to meet you at the show this weekend but I did see your table.  Any ways my question is Do you sell just the uppers?  I believe you had a dissipator upper on one of your rifles.  That is what I am interested in.  What is the contour of the barrel under the hg?  Is it HBAR, M4 profile?
Thank you
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#13]
M4 profile under the diss handgaurds.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I loved the SLR-15s I saw...A1 sights, better trigger guard for those who wear gloves, the grip pad in the mag well, etc...

The only thing I didn't like on the ones I saw was the short Sully stock (not saying it's bad or wrong!) Just I like to have an adjustable one, for me...fixed stocks are good in certain applications, but being a former boyscout..I prefer to Be Prepared (tm)

Other than that...

For me, the perfect upper would be the Sully upper with a 16" A1 profile barrel and a 6 position adjustable stock. Light, handy, A1 sights (KISS) or flat-top, stock adjustable for when you're sacked out behind some sandbags or when you're breaking through a door...

But, that's just me, and once I get my PTP and some spare cash, odds are I'll be at least ordering an upper if not a whole rifle...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:26:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Judging by the responses Sully has gotten elsewhere, he's obviously far more well known than you realize.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:29:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Judging by the responses Sully has gotten elsewhere, he's obviously far more well known than you realize.

Yes, it would seem so....good for him......hope he sells a million
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I dunno, looks like pretty much every other M4-profiled barrel carbine out there, save for the larger trigger guard, hogue grip, and the goofy stock.   Buf if it works for you,  go for it!  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:19:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I dunno, looks like pretty much every other M4-profiled barrel carbine out there, save for the larger trigger guard, hogue grip, and the goofy stock.   Buf if it works for you,  go for it!  

SLR15.com does a pretty good job of explaining the enhancements, and is worth taking a peek at.

The Commander is the perfect AR IMHO I must have one
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:26:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I loved the SLR-15s I saw...A1 sights, better trigger guard for those who wear gloves, the grip pad in the mag well, etc...

The only thing I didn't like on the ones I saw was the short Sully stock (not saying it's bad or wrong!) Just I like to have an adjustable one, for me...fixed stocks are good in certain applications, but being a former boyscout..I prefer to Be Prepared (tm)

Other than that...

For me, the perfect upper would be the Sully upper with a 16" A1 profile barrel and a 6 position adjustable stock. Light, handy, A1 sights (KISS) or flat-top, stock adjustable for when you're sacked out behind some sandbags or when you're breaking through a door...

But, that's just me, and once I get my PTP and some spare cash, odds are I'll be at least ordering an upper if not a whole rifle...

Your take on the stocks may change after a weekend of carbine training. It's hard to explain the benefits of the Sully stock to someone without actually trying it out.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:37:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Sully,  I was unable to meet you at the show this weekend but I did see your table.  Any ways my question is Do you sell just the uppers?  I believe you had a dissipator upper on one of your rifles.  That is what I am interested in.  What is the contour of the barrel under the hg?  Is it HBAR, M4 profile?
Thank you

Yep M4 profile.
I have been told by Sully that there will be no SLR15 uppers or lowers for sale seperately, just complete rifles. If his name is going on it, he wants it to be 100% reliable and of the highest quality. The only way to ensure this is by controlling all aspects of the rifles creation.

He is selling stripped lowers made by the same folks that machine his though. They don't have all the same features, some but not all, and are VERY nice.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:06:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I have been told by Sully that there will be no SLR15 uppers or lowers for sale seperately, just complete rifles. If his name is going on it, he wants it to be 100% reliable and of the highest quality. The only way to ensure this is by controlling all aspects of the rifles creation.

Dang,  I was going to ask that. (uppers seperately)
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:23:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Hey jem,

Thanks for turning my thread into a shitstorm
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:25:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Your take on the stocks may change after a weekend of carbine training. It's hard to explain the benefits of the Sully stock to someone without actually trying it out.

True enough
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:38:10 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dang,  I was going to ask that. (uppers seperately)

Down the road, who knows? I know the SLR lowers will only be on complete rifles, but perhaps he can be swayed to make complete uppers available. I am just going by Sully's initial take on the idea. One of the great things about the man is his willingness to listen to and be open to others ideas. DE has been making custom guns for some time, but the official SLR15 line is just getting rolling and new ideas are popping up constantly.
It's been very cool to watch it all happen
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:17:21 AM EDT
[#26]
I definately understand on keeping his name and brand on lowers going to rifles that he is sure of.

My buddy bought a lower reciever at the gun show,  but I bet he would be persuaded to go for another whole rifle anyhow.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:29:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#28]
To go back to Sully's post without a lot of band width....

2 day rifle course = $ 150.00
You can take that right off the top of your purchase! (in a rationalizing sorta way)
I have taken that course three times and will take it again. I "cement" more each time.

My order is in for a "Commander" in traditional black. (Yeah I know young-dog!)

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:22:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Black draws fire off of me so I like it.  Fedgunner= cannon foder . Sully can put any color furniture on you want, your outfit does not have to match your SLR.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:01:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Fedgunner,
    for you I might even consider a nice Tartan Duracoat to match the Kilt.

CY6,
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
Chief Instructor
TheDefensiveEdge.com
SLR15 Rifles

I got the "S" word out at carbine this summer. Felt kind of bad after I did it. I was however disappointed that it was a tan kilt instead of "target indicator black"

ETA: More on topic, after taking carbine this summer, I would definately go the Commander rifle. When we got out to the 200 and 300 yard ranges, the advantages of a longer sight radius were pretty obvious, and Sully is building them with an M4 profile. That's important too, because one other thing I learned is how much Hbar sucks unless you are sitting at a bench.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
To go back to Sully's post without a lot of band width....

2 day rifle course = $ 150.00
You can take that right off the top of your purchase! (in a rationalizing sorta way)
I have taken that course three times and will take it again. I "cement" more each time.

My order is in for a "Commander" in traditional black. (Yeah I know young-dog!)

A free class is a no brainer if you are on the market for a AR or want to add one to an existing family.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top