LEO only? Oh well.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 12:20:29 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 3:43:28 PM EST
Originally Posted By SLR15:
SLR15 AR-15 / M-16 / M-4 ARMORING COURSE
"Restricted to Law Enforcement & Military"

When: December 4-5, 2013

Where: Appleton, Wisconsin

Cost: $375 (Register Through Our Website or Contact Us)

SLR15 Grail in the SPEER GOLD DOT RIFLE AMMO AD

https://www.thedefensiveedge.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/slr15speerada.jpg

https://www.thedefensiveedge.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/slr15grailoct2007swat.jpg https://www.thedefensiveedge.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/marchcoverb.jpg

SLR15 Rifles has been featured in SWAT Magazine, Guns & Ammo Magazine Tactical Guns & Gear Annual, Shooting Times, Gun Digest, Guns & Weapons For Law Enforcement Magazine, and Precision Rifle Magazine. Our Armoring Course has been taught for a decade all over the country, and was reviewed in SWAT Magazine. This course covers all variants of the AR-15/M16/M-4 weapons system with 2-days of hands on training which goes far beyond basic disassembly & reassembly.

Here is a brief overview of what is covered and I can tell you it is a very busy hands on full 2-days of Armoring:
History of the Weapon
Cycles of Function
General Disassembly & Assembly
Identification of Common Problems and Parts
Nomenclature
Identification of Group Components
Semi, Burst, and Full Auto Parts and Conversions
Complete Armoring Disassembly / Assembly
Barrel Replacement
Cleaning and Maintenance
Sight and Distance Considerations
Ballistic Issues
Barrel: Twist, Length, and Profiles
Gas System
Parts Interchangability, including Brands
Headspace
Firing Pin Protrusion
Trigger Jobs
Chamber Inspection and Issues
Troubleshooting, diagnosis & repair
Gauging, Inspections, Stress & Interval Issues
Accessories and Customizing
Tool Options and Selection
Iron Sights
Optics
SOP/MOD Accessories and Additions
Etc

All tools, manuals, and anything else that is necessary is supplied. We will provide rifles with prior arrangements so we know how many to bring. We prefer that students bring their own weapon systems to get familiar with their own configuration and modifications, plus this allows the time for a good thorough cleaning and inspection, plus we can replace and repair any parts necessary. This is a very intensive course that we cover in 2-days, so be prepared to get a lot of hands on knowledge.

If anyone would like this course in their area, please contact us to make arrangements about getting it coordinated, all we need is a suitable classroom for a course and we will be there, the host gets a minimum of 2 complimentary spots.

Um I did offer up the Shawano Gun Club for Non-Leo Classes,Let's set something up for this winter! .

Other Armoring Courses we offer:

M14/M1 Rifle Armoring
Precision/Sniper Rifle Armoring
Law Enforcement Submachine Gun Armoring
Law Enforcement Shotgun Armoring
1911 Pistol Armoring
AR15/M16/M4 Advanced Armoring

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
SLR15 Rifles
TheDefensiveEdge.com
(763) 712-0123
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:40:52 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/4/2013 3:42:07 AM EST by MaverickAR6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Parruthead:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yadda yadda yadda ....

If anyone would like this course in their area, please contact us to make arrangements about getting it coordinated, all we need is a suitable classroom for a course and we will be there, the host gets a minimum of 2 complimentary spots.

Um I did offer up the Shawano Gun Club for Non-Leo Classes,Let's set something up for this winter! .

I'd be game for a course at the Shawano Gun Club. My SLR15 obtained certification expires this month and I'd like to keep that up!
EDIT: Awesome course, by the way. Thanks Sully!
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 4:50:52 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 10:13:39 AM EST
I would be up for this at Shawano assuming the date set is set off in the distance a bit. Wallet is gonna hurt a little after
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 2:05:00 PM EST
I have taken both of Sully's courses and can say they are excellent!! A lot of very valuable information and experience is shared.
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 3:48:22 PM EST
Maybe I just missed it but how long is your certificate good for, I may put myself through this class.
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 4:52:32 PM EST
I believe it is 5 years. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 5:32:52 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 6:02:40 PM EST
Originally Posted By MaverickAR6:

I'd be game for a course at the Shawano Gun Club. My SLR15 obtained certification expires this month and I'd like to keep that up!
View All Quotes

Yadda yadda yadda ....

It hasn't been five years yet!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 2:22:24 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2013 2:22:49 AM EST by MaverickAR6]
Originally Posted By fivonut:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fivonut:

Yadda yadda yadda ....

5 years... I was thinking it was only 2 years. I'd still go again this winter if it was in Shawano. I can always use a refresher and the information shared is awesome!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:06:01 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:17:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/30/2013 4:30:46 AM EST by variable]
Originally Posted By ProjectCamaro:
Maybe I just missed it but how long is your certificate good for, I may put myself through this class.
View Quote

For .mil, this course is a "non producing MOS, AFSC, etc. class". Because of this, training with attendance updates are not required. DA Form 1059 will state this.

Because it does not meet the 40+ hours standard, local (organic) units can create an expiration regulation of 36 month with an additional 24 (2 X 12) months can be waived by a GO (General officer). This is a rare occurrence during the current administration solely because of cost/money savings. Because it is an individual non-combat related course (designated by Risk Assessment), paying for additional training certifications would not make financial sense as a PROBABILITY of individual loss ($100,000 go pay with the $400,000 death payout through SGLI (Service Group Life Insurance, training and troop replacement costs) would be unlikely. This is especially true now with the RIF (Reduction In Force).

So attend this course once and you are GTG forever in the .mil world.

V
OUT
Top Top