Two days, $70
About all the ammo you can shoot
learn how to shoot a rifle well and correctly from basic positions.
For $70, how can you go wrong?
The registration form is here
You are running out of time to pre-register, but even if you decide on the morning of the 4th that you want to come, we'll find room for you on the line.
What to bring
what will be taught:
This is the course of fire on Saturday:
1. 20 Round Classification
2. 20 Round Classification
3. 5 Sighters
4. 5 Sighters
5. 5 Sighters
6. 40 Round qd-AQT
7. 10 Rounds prone practice
8. 10 Rounds prone with sling practice
8. 10 Rounds sitting practice
9. 10 Rounds standing practice
11. 40 Round rapid fire qd-AQT
12. 40 Round rapid fire qd-AQT
This the course of fire on Sunday:
1. 20 Round Classification
2. Ball-n-dummy from prone
3. 10 rounds Sitting, stand up after two shots; NPOA drill
4. 10 rounds Single fire standing... walk away from line between shots...NPOA drill
5. 10 rounds Standing in 2 minutes (compare groups)
6. 12 rounds, mag change drill, 6 targets, two shots into each target including the mag change.
7. 24 rounds Rapid fire: 4 shots in 12 seconds or less , repeated 6 times into 1" square
100 Yard Range
1. 5 shots at 100 yards, sights set at 200 meters...transition target
2. 5 shots at 100 yards, sights set at 200 meters...transition target
3. 5 shots at 100 yards, sights at 300 meters....transition target
4. 5 shots at 100 yards, sights at 400 meters....transition target
5. 40 round rapid fire AQT at 100 yards....
200 Yard Range
1. 5 rounds at simulated 1400 yard target
2. 10 rounds shoot and scoot (firing done at 200 prone, 150 standing, 100 supported prone
1. Six steps of firing the shot.
2. prone position
3. sitting position
4. standing position
5. sling usage, hasty hasty, hasty, loop
7. call the shot
8. talking targets
9. dragging wood...trigger finger
10. rapid fire, rifleman's cadence
11. mag changes
12. barrel maintenance
13. inches/minutes/ clicks
14. come ups
15. doping wind, Fred's simplified rule
16. adjusting sights
17. Six o'clock holds, Center holds
18. Target identification
19. Range determination...front sight width.
20. Cheek weld
That is a lot of information for a two day program and only $70.
See ya there.
Is this going to be at Lee Kay? I assume so from the directions given, but want to make sure.
Sorry if that isn't clear, I'll get them to fix the post, but Lee Kay Shooting center.
We will definately fit people in. We will find room.
Appleseed hasn't turned anyone away yet, we're not starting now.
My wife is the shoot boss (head admin honcho) for this shoot, so I guarantee you are in.
Range is reserved.
Good weather has also been ordered for the weekend if Mark Snowbank cooperates. I have some RWVA Appleseed AQT 2006 brochures for the Utah weekend shoot leftover from those we gave out at the last South Towne gun show. I would be glad to mail one to you if you I/M me with your info or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a registration form and T-shirt size form in the brochure. Unfortunately the South Towne gunshow is the same weekend.
Go read rwva.org for the after action reports on Texas this weekend and see what you might be missing. No one failed to improve and some improved dramatically.
Hell of a value and the weather is supposed to be pretty good.
you can register day of the shoot.