Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2003 8:57:20 PM EDT
Another exciting day shooting at cardboard & wooden badguys is now in the history books for the SFDCC folks.  Thank you all for an enjoyable day competing at the second SFDCC event.  Below are times and scores for each stage for your review and bragging.

Dates for the next three events have been determined and are indicated below.  Please note that the scheduled time of future events will change to the afternoons such that we have a little more range time.  Now let’s here from everyone on some brainstorming ideas & feedback for future events?

Stage I Round 1:
Consisted of two badguys at the end of a corridor with three more holding hostages in a room off to the right at the end of the corridor.  Each target required either a single head shot or two to center mass.  Scoring is calculated as base time plus 5 seconds per missed target.  Shooting of a hostage resulted in a DNF/disqualification...

1)       Erik  (17.18 + 0)

2)       Dave (21.41 + 0)

3)       Sal  (21.76 + 0)

4)       Bill  (23.09 + 0)

5)       Rob (23.98 + 0)

6)       Doug (22.63 + 5 = 27.63)

7)       Chae (38.28 + 0)

Stage I Round 2:
Same COF as that above except targets were rearranged a bit...

1)       Sal  (21.53 + 0)

2)       Chae  (22.44 + 0)

3)       Dave  (22.47 + 0)

4)       Doug  (23.02 + 0)

5)       Rob  (27.52 + 0)

6)       Erik  (17.75 + 10 = 27.75)

7)       Bill  (23.04 – DNF – Hostage Shot)

Stage II:
Consisted of nine reactive drop down type targets.  Each target was triggered to drop by popping a balloon that was stretched behind the target.  The balloon/kill zone size was held rather small at 3-4 inches diameter in an effort to challenge the shooters a bit & force magazine changes.  Randomly placed, the kill zone could be either behind center mass or head areas of the target.  Four of the targets were configured as runners on a 100 yard cable traveling diagonally towards the shooter's position.  Scoring is calculated as base time plus 10 seconds per missed target...

1)       Dave  (71.21 + 30 = 101.21)  46 rounds fired & three running badguys making it to safety.

2)       Sal  (76.20 + 25 + 20 = 121.20)  31 rounds fired & runners failed to release. ***

3)       Chae  (85.98 + 25 + 20 = 130.98)  33 rounds fired & runners failed to release. ***

4)       Doug  (173.09 + 10 = 183.09)  91 rounds fired & one running badguy making it to safety.

5)       Rob  (116.06 + 70 = 186.06)  88 rounds fired & seven badguys left standing after running out of ammo attempting to subdue one particularly stubborn badguy presumable hyped up on some unknown narcotic.

6)       Erik  (168.70 + 20 = 188.70)  102 rounds fired & two running badguys making it to safety after attempting to trick shooter by running out of sequence and mount an unsuccessful ambush.

7)       Bill  (159.92 + 30 = 189.92)  53 rounds fired & three running badguys making it to safety.

***  Review of video indicates that it took running targets 25-30 seconds to travel length of line from start to no-shoot point.  Shooters averaged leaving a qty of two runners standing (excludes Sal, Chae, and Rob).  Therefore in the interest of normalizing scores 25 seconds running time plus two 10 second penalties have been integrated into Sal & Chae's score.

Special mention goes to Erik for the most rounds fired in a single stage while another goes out to Rob for highest average rate of fire.  The situation that Rob ran into where a target refused to fall despite being hit with many kill zone shots wins the most frustrating (and funny) moment award.  What appeared to be some sort of target mechanism malfunction in reality was most likely not.  It has been fairly well documented that occasionally our own armed forces have witnessed a targeted individual be fired upon with an inordinate quantity of rounds and still refuse to go down in real life situations.  (not to worry Rob I think I have worked out a fix to reduce the likelihood of repeating another similarly frustrating moment)

All badguys that managed to flee running and make it to safety are presumed to be currently regrouping, recruiting replacements, and will most certainly be back to challenge us another day.  

The next SFDCC events are now scheduled for the Saturday afternoons of May 17th, June 21st, and July 18th between Noon & the fall of darkness.

For your viewing pleasure I have posted a compressed version of the video from Saturday’s shoot...

The file requires the Shockwave Flash player v6 plugin from Macromedia.  If you do not already have this item installed on your pc it can be easily obtained from:

www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

Although compressed the video file is still of considerable size weighing in at around 50 Mbytes and being 24 minutes in length.  So, dependant upon your internet connection speed you may want to allow it to preload for a while prior to clicking on the play button to avoid image freezing.

Click on or paste the link below for the video:

home.1asphost.com/sfdcc/

Regards,
Dave

PS.  Many thanks to Erik for taping, editing, and delivering the video!
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a great day! With the exception of a few minor technical difficulties and the amount of time it took to re set the reactive targets, I don't think we could of had a better day shooting.

Next time I will not eat the second double cheeseburger. I got awfully lazy once I got two of those bad boys on my stomach

What I can see of the video looks great. It seems like it stops downloading after the second shooter on the 3rd stage & will not let me right click and "save as".
Anyone else having problems downloading the vid, or is it just me?

echo6
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 1:15:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Echo,

What more do you expect from a free hosting service?

Go ahead and try again, I just added an option to download the video clip for offline viewing.

Dave
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#3]
dhu2,

Are these shoots open to FDCC?

Dirk
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Dirk,

I am sure we can arraign something to accommodate a few of our friends from the North.  Please let us know how many might be interested in coming down.  We are currently considering limiting the quantity of participants at some number yet to be arrived at...

Let us know what you have in mind.

Dave
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 2:32:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Exactly where you guys at? A couple of us FDCC would like to roadtrip down if you guys will have us.

Dirk
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 6:20:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Dirk we are in Broward county. Due to "circumstances" our exact range location is classified at the moment, but when you let us know when/how many the location can be provided via e-mail.

BTW are you going to bring Al Giordano down with you?
I cant wait to see what kind of car you show up in.

echo6
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 6:48:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Al's on the beach somewhere in the South Pacific out of touch with a beautiful blond.    

2 or 3 of us in the "core" group of FDCC would like to could down and meet you guys, do a little shooting and maybe talk about future events.

I also want to swap ideas with your "target engineer" and bring you one of our reactive ballon targets to look at as well as some of the other props we use.

Should be constructive for both groups. Email me on my AR15 account. [email protected]

Thanks,
Dirk

Link Posted: 4/25/2003 7:12:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Dirk,

Sounds like a decent plan, we shall also look forward to meeting some of your group in person.

The situation that Echo made note of is simply that we have been hosting our shooting events on a piece of private property where the owner has requested that access be restricted.

So, for now I shall pencil you in for three participants on the 17th of May...
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 4:04:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Roadtrip!  
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#10]
If ya'll need a place to crash, I can accomodate at least two, if ya'll don't mind sharing a fold out sofa.  Well, that and as long as you don't shoot my dog.
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Roadtrip!  

I've got shotgun!!!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:18:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey SFDCC,

We can't make it today, mainly because I have to work but plan on being there June 21st if you'll have us.

Be safe and good shooting!

Dirk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top