Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 1:57:52 PM EDT
Is it possible to legally own a SBR in WA?  I know there is an ATF form (Form 1) that can be filled out and submitted, but is it worth the time or effort?  I know rifles have to have 16" barrels in this state by law, so I'm just curious.

TIA
Jay
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Is it possible to legally own a SBR in WA?  I know there is an ATF form (Form 1) that can be filled out and submitted, but is it worth the time or effort?  I know rifles have to have 16" barrels in this state by law, so I'm just curious.

TIA
Jay

I think the only things we can have here are suppressors and AOWs
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Suppressors, AOWs and Desructive Devices only. Suppressors may be possessed, but used only in the prescence of a law enforcement officer.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#3]
That blows.  Time to move back to TX.  j/k
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully I'll be in AZ by the time I am 21 and can buy the good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Another question in reference to the thread about legally owning a suppressor and having an incorporated company:

Since an incorporated company can own such items (NFA), that means that company can also purchase things like SBRs (UMPs etc) and other auto's as long as the paper work is accurate and ligit?  I just want to make sure I understand this.  I have a company and want to see about becoming an FFL, since some of my local shops won't receive anything that they can sell to you.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:00:44 PM EDT
[#6]
No, you have to be a class 3 dealer, or a manufacturer.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:47:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Another question in reference to the thread about legally owning a suppressor and having an incorporated company:

Since an incorporated company can own such items (NFA), that means that company can also purchase things like SBRs (UMPs etc) and other auto's as long as the paper work is accurate and ligit?  I just want to make sure I understand this.  I have a company and want to see about becoming an FFL, since some of my local shops won't receive anything that they can sell to you.

even if you have a corporation, in washington, you still can't have full auto or SBRs. only suppressors and AOWs and DDs. unless you are a class 3 dealer or manufacturer as CJ said.

going the corporation route just allows you to bypass the CLEO signoff
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top