Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/1/2004 4:38:29 PM EST
Can it be done?

What are the basic requirements?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:41:01 PM EST
I believe it can be done. I was ck'ing out VectorArms and some where on there site it tells you how to go about getting one. I ck'd and it can be done. It looks like the process take 90 days or so, and it'll cost ya.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:52:03 AM EST
Yep, it can be done but I can't tell you how. There are a few guys here that have one.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:06:48 AM EST
Actually, if you aren'y uptight about having "exactly" a certain type of SBR, you can avoid the $200 tax stamp by getting an AOW (Any other Weapon).
This is only a $5 tax stamp!!!!! To do it you must alter said SBR to make it an AOW. For example; with a MP5 you have to put on a vertical foregrip that attaches with a wrench of some sort. A KRINKOV you can do the same to as well. UZI's alike. It really is just making the weapon a non-standard configuration!!! really cheap when you come down to it.
If it were me I'de find the SBR you want, find out what it takes to make it an AOW, and then have your gunsmith do it for you!!! Much cheaper than the $200 tax stamp in my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:49:25 PM EST
An AOW can be a pistol with a forward grip, a shortbarreled shotgun without a stock or a couple other wacky things like pen guns. BUT you cannot have a stock on an AOW.

So if you still want a stock on your rifle, you've got to go with the SBR.

First, in MO you need some sort of FFL to get an SBR, but luckily a C&R license is good enough. Those are easy and only cost $30.

Next you've got to get the paperwork, fingerprint cards, passport photos, etc. and get it signed off by your local chief law enforcement officer. The CLEO sign off can be the harddest part if you local CLEO is an asshole. Sent all that in with a $200 check. Wait a LONG time (at least 3 months, my first one took 8), and you're ready to go.

There's some good info here:

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=14&t=178305

Top Top