Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2016 8:55:55 AM EDT
Anyone have problems getting the LEO signoff in Enfield Ct?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:01:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Any thin in the cleo thread? Pretty soon it won't matter.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:03:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone have problems getting the LEO signoff in Enfield Ct?
View Quote

I'm pretty sure enfield is good to go!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:37:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:45:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Enfield is gtg. Drop it off they will call u next day all signed. Just make sure it's legible. Got one sent back cause ATF said they couldn't read chief signature or writing. Had to have it resigned by chief.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:02:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Chief here is pretty good guy.  I've known all of them since the 1960 and none was ever an issue when it came to permits or signoffs.  

Rome
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:29:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Chief here is pretty good guy.  I've known all of them since the 1960 and none was ever an issue when it came to permits or signoffs.  

Rome
View Quote

I just had a student tell me the chief needs to interview them before signing off on a pistol permit?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:49:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Any thin in the cleo thread? Pretty soon it won't matter.
View Quote

Why won't it matter?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:55:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Just notify Cleo, no more signature. Its the 41 p thing
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#9]
41p goes in effect in July. After that you do not need CLEO sign off. The ATF notifies the CLEO after your approval.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
41p goes in effect in July. After that you do not need CLEO sign off. The ATF notifies the CLEO after your approval.
View Quote

Ok is this a good thing?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 3:08:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Not really. For individual filings, yes. For trusts no it is a huge hassle.

The changes for individuals filing are no more CLEO sign offs.

The change for a trust filing is everyone listed on the trust must file fingerprints, submit pictures and undergo a background check. A huge hassle in my opinion.

Bottom line is this: file now for trust, wait until July for individuals.

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Virtually all of the towns have initiated some type of referral requirement.  It should not be.  If you pushed the issue I believe it could not be held against you.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I just had a student tell me the chief needs to interview them before signing off on a pistol permit?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rome

Not the chief specifically but a detective will perform an interview. This is after they have called your neighbors to see if there is a history of arguing or violence around the house.

ETA: Oh yea, and your boss, and three character references.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:26:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Not the chief specifically but a detective will perform an interview. This is after they have called your neighbors to see if there is a history of arguing or violence around the house.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rome

Disgusting
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Virtually all of the towns have initiated some type of referral requirement.  It should not be.  If you pushed the issue I believe it could not be held against you.
View Quote

I've had a few students take the high road, including one whose a member here. After a little arguing and putting their foot down all got their permit. That said it's a personal choice. I've heard there's a good wait for a permit review board slot.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 8:41:40 PM EDT
[#16]
It took some explaining to get an sbr through. They must have had someone do it on a contender platform type before becuase they kept asking if that is what I was doing. Told them I needed it for work and that helped a bit, but they are interested in exactly what the sbr is for some reason. This was all theougj the deputy cheif that was the one who came out to talk to me and was explaining to the cheif. They them called the state to fully understand why they needed to sign off on the forms, so it must not be too common for them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:58:46 AM EDT
[#17]
What exactly are the benefits of having a trust?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:10:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What exactly are the benefits of having a trust?
View Quote

A big feature of a trust is the ability to file ATF forms without fingerprints and photos.

The other features are:

Anything in the trust can be used by anyone listed on the trust. (providing they are legally allowed to posses that item)
If one member passes on the remaining members own the items without going through probate.

After July a trust in CT probably is not worth bothering with. You can't transfer firearms into the trust since the laws changed and come July you need to have everyone on the trust background checked.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:27:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Had to explain what a SBR was and he told me I'd have the paperwork signed in a week. The talk was a quick five minutes, I'm sure just to make sure I wasn't some undiserable
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top