Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/30/2006 10:13:18 AM EST
Has anyone here been through the SBR process? I am looking for the path of least resistance for a form 1 sign off. I am in Peoria and after speaking with one of the SWAT officers, he hinted that the Chief would not sign.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:59:43 AM EST
Since you're in Maricopa county, you can take it doen to Sherrif Joe. They have a lady (I think her name isJane) that handles all of the form 1/4 signoffs. I don't have the number handy, but if you call their main number and ask for the NFA section, they can transfer you. It's a bit of a pain to do because you have to fill out an MCSO questionaire that is pretty similar to the form 1/4 that you are doing. The MCSO form also needs to be notarized. I usually take mine across the street to Wells Fargo bank. MCSO will also fingerprint you, but it will run you $8 per card IIRC, and you need to turn in an extra one to MCSO for their local background check. When you call, talk to the fingerprinting section as well, they have odd hours for public fingerprinting. Once everything is said and done though, they take about a week or so and then give you a call to come down and pick it up.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:05:05 PM EST

I just called down to MCSO and they don’t have a clue of what I am talking about. She said they had an “ATF” extension but it is disconnected. She transferred me to the CCW section which dumped me off with DPS. Do you have any idea what the exact department name was that processed the application? How long ago did you SBR?

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:48:18 PM EST
Maybe this will help you
Click me
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:11:25 PM EST
I just looked through some of my stuff, and I found one of the cover letters that they give you after the sign-off. The phone number there is 602-876-1206. If that doesn't work, call the main number again and ask for civil affairs. After you get to civil affairs, ask for the atf or nfa section. The link on the post above mine has pretty much everything you need to know, but you may want to call and double check that nothing has changed.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:50:53 AM EST
You guys are awsome!

Thanks so much for the info, I will let you know how it goes.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:45:13 PM EST

Originally Posted By john308:
...It's a bit of a pain to do because you have to fill out an MCSO questionaire that is pretty similar to the form 1/4 that you are doing. The MCSO form also needs to be notarized...


I have never had to fill out a questionaire. I just drop off my forms, show my license, and I'm good to go. If you have had sherrif joe sign off on an NFA item within the last 6 months, then:

No fingerprint card needed for sherrif joe
No passport photo needed for sherrif joe
You can drop paperwork off anytime between 9 and 5 M-F.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:06:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/3/2006 11:09:31 AM EST by BulletBait]
Here's the link for the ATF paperwork.
download and print.

ETA: This was posted a few months ago,

Originally Posted By: StealthyBlagga

Dude, this is a PITA. You have to go to downtown Phoenix (Jefferson) to the county courthouse and submit the paperwork. Actually, in addition to the ATF forms/fingerprint cards, you have to complete AND HAVE NOTARIZED two additional special forms just for Sheriff Joe, plus an extra photo, plus an additional fingerprint card (i.e. 3 in total). Make sure you call ahead and find out the best time to get NFA fingerprints done, or you will be in for a long wait (when I did it back in February, they recommended coming Mon/Tues/Thurs between 9am and 2pm). Oh, and don't attach the photos to the ATF forms, as they won't go thru Sheriff Joe's printer. Having said all the above, the people actually handling this for Sheriff Joe are really helpful and efficient.

By the way, if you are having a 'smith make the rifle for you, do your homework on whether you should be using a Form 1. If you truly are the maker (i.e. you are ordering a new upper to attach to your existing lower) then a Form 1 is appropriate. If, on the other hand, the local 'smith is doing the whole build and delivering a completed rifle to you, then I think you need to complete a Form 4 and the 'smith needs to be a SOT/Class 3 manufacturer.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:16:25 PM EST
Top Top