Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2012 2:44:29 PM EST
Anyone know of a place to get it done in the Middle GA area? Thanks guys!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:59:29 AM EST
taggin this one in hopes that there will be one local

there is a guy on craigslist that sells custom 1911 grips and claims to do engraving on firearms, I think he is located downtown macon. I don't know what kind of engraver he uses and if he would be good for this, but might be worth a call.

I think this is the guy
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:20:46 AM EST
If I recall correctly, there is a place called Aardvark Arms in Warner Robins that does engraving.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:09:14 AM EST
Originally Posted By Heartkill:
If I recall correctly, there is a place called Aardvark Arms in Warner Robins that does engraving.

I think they are closed now.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:33:29 PM EST
Originally Posted By johnnypantz:
taggin this one in hopes that there will be one local

there is a guy on craigslist that sells custom 1911 grips and claims to do engraving on firearms, I think he is located downtown macon. I don't know what kind of engraver he uses and if he would be good for this, but might be worth a call.

I think this is the guy

I just sent him a email. We'll see what he says.

Thanks for the info guys!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:11:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By dwinecof:

The owner died.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:07:33 PM EST
Originally Posted By Ytka:

The owner died.

Wow thats a bummer. I wondered what happened to them they did really good work bobtailing a Smith and Wesson scandium 1911 for me.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:54:56 AM EST
Got an email back from them. They don't do SBR engraving. They only do laser engraving, it doesn't go deep enough.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:01:07 PM EST
Originally Posted By Ytka:

The owner died.

That's a shame, sorry to hear this. I've only been at RAFB for close to two years now but I heard they used to do excellent work.
Top Top