Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2007 2:14:48 PM EDT
Do short barreled rifles have to have all the paperwork signed by a CLEO and and sent to the ATF before they can be purchased here in GA?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  A form 4 is required, but you can establish a trust and avoid the requirement for fingerprints/photo/CLEO signoff.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:31:03 PM EDT
[#2]
form 1 if your building it yourself as I did.  If you establish a trust there is no CLEO signature required.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:39:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I was just curious because a pawn shop here in NE GA told me on two occasions now that there is no need for any of that paperwork when buying the SBR Uzi he has.  So whats the deal with em?  Buy his shit and get busted?  afterall, ignorance of the law is no excuse, even if they lie to you apparently.  

ETA:  Quite frankly it pisses me off, that some dumbfuck would lie about some shit like that, not as if we need SBR laws, BUT I sure as shit dont wanna get busted cause some dumbass lied to me.  I'm quite tempted to go stick my moldy ass combat boot up his fucking ass.

ETA(yet again):  I apologize for the language.  I just don't tolerate blatant stupidity/lies very well.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't blame you for being pissed. He probably doesn't even own the gun legally himself.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#5]
What pawn shop?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#6]

So whats the deal with em? Buy his shit and get busted?

Hell no... have him fill out a form 4 or run away!  Or call the ATF and talk to them in the shop.  I'm sure they'll be interested to hear more from him.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:01:10 AM EDT
[#7]
If the UZI doesn't have a stock, it is a pistol, isn't it?  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:02:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:11:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If the UZI doesn't have a stock, it is a pistol, isn't it?  

The way I understand it, it depends. Just like an AR or AK,  is the serial number on the lower registered as a pistol or rifle?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top