Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2005 4:21:37 PM EDT
I work for SBC.  If anybody here is going upgrade your service or get new service lmk.  SBC has a sales program for the employee's.  What ever services I get referrals for.  I get points that translate to real money to feed my gun habit.  I'm not wanting to push this on anyone, but if your getting the service anyway, it would help me out.

If your interested in the info. Please email me and I'll give you my employee Id # and a 800 # to call.

If this breaks the COC lmk, but I've seen similar ads, so I think I'm ok.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
My brother works for SBC as well, but I'd still give you my points if I had any.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My brother works for SBC as well, but I'd still give you my points if I had any.

Thanks for the offer.  If you decide you need DSL or anything lmk.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:55:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Luxs I'll make you a great deal.

You get me the ability to upgrade to DSL and I will use your info to do it   hey
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:33:28 AM EDT
[#4]
That I can't help.  We've still have area's down here that can't get DSL.  There's no reason other than,  they haven't spent the money to upgrade.  I'm not talking about rural area's only.

Good luck.  I hope they get to you soon.  FYI, your house must be 15000 feet or closer to a Central Office or a Fiber Optic remote terminal.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:44:49 AM EDT
[#5]
wish I had known this 2 weeks ago, our DSL service was activated last Monday.
Just got it installed last night and as of now, I am pretty happy with it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:28:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You get me the ability to upgrade to DSL and I will use your info to do it  

+1

I wish they had DSL where I live. I'm not up on telephone terminology, but there's a huge telephone box (CAD, maybe?) about 4700 feet from my home. The grocery store next to it has ISDN, but I wasn't about to pay the huge price they wanted for it. Recently I lost phone service after a big storm, while my neighbors still had it. My brother dug around in that box, and replaced some sort of card and my service was restored. He said something about the cards being paired up or something.

While I wait, I'll just have to live with my 21K dial-up.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:31:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You get me the ability to upgrade to DSL and I will use your info to do it  

+1

I wish they had DSL where I live. I'm not up on telephone terminology, but there's a huge telephone box (CAD, maybe?) about 4700 feet from my home. The grocery store next to it has ISDN, but I wasn't about to pay the huge price they wanted for it. Recently I lost phone service after a big storm, while my neighbors still had it. My brother dug around in that box, and replaced some sort of card and my service was restored. He said something about the cards being paired up or something.

While I wait, I'll just have to live with my 21K dial-up.

If that box has a fiber optic feed, they just need to upgrade to provide DSL.  If it is a SLC-96 type system then you need to know how far it is to the Main office feed.

If your brother knows a Planning Engineer in that area, he may be able to find out if and when you'll get DSL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top