Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2005 5:33:55 PM EDT
So the talk on Blank Only Mags can be concluded

The mags have a plastic button on the front edge and a moving insert inside

You have to remove the plastic button, a spring underneath the insert will then slide out the bottom

Live rounds will then fit in the mag

They even cycle perfectly well.

Watch The Video For Proof

OK so it leave a couple of small slots in the front but a substantial saving over normal cost.

So once again I offer my thanks to those members for trashing my previous sales thread.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:33:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Why didn't you just shoot the thing

Anyway, glad to see they're working, even though it doesn't look like they're working too well to me
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:02:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Your AR needs some work, the feeding is poor!

Or......        

.......Maybe it is the converted blank mags, and that non-standard magazine platform that isn't working very well, with a reduced overall length capacity of the magazine?

Will people want to by a magazine converted to do a job that it was specifically not designed for, or do you think they could by a USGI magazine for better reliability....

Maybe a market for training or range use, but not for any of the die-hard SHTF types.

Finally, you attempted to sell an item, you hadn't tested, and for a task it wasn't capable of doing, to people who didn't know any better.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:07:28 AM EDT
[#3]
They still look ghey.....
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:55:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:34:44 AM EDT
[#5]
The function is down to my fat fingers as the video goes on you will notice my technique improves,

I will shoot them this weekend to get the definative answer but cant see a problem.

The body, spring, follower and floor plate are 100% the same as in the live mags the only differences are the slots and that sliding plate.

The ones I am keeping no longer look ghey after the visit to my cardboard box spray booth.

Anyway if you come across any I would grab them if cheap enough and try for yourself.

I think your right on the die hard SHTF mob but for everyday range use etc they will be fine and lets face it that's where most people are going to use them. I even have orders for them to be left in the original condition.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:09:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The function is down to my fat fingers as the video goes on you will notice my technique improves,

I will shoot them this weekend to get the definative answer but cant see a problem.

The body, spring, follower and floor plate are 100% the same as in the live mags the only differences are the slots and that sliding plate.

The ones I am keeping no longer look ghey after the visit to my cardboard box spray booth.

Anyway if you come across any I would grab them if cheap enough and try for yourself.

I think your right on the die hard SHTF mob but for everyday range use etc they will be fine and lets face it that's where most people are going to use them. I even have orders for them to be left in the original condition.

I'm sure there is a market for them, even if just as collectables.
It was definitely your technique that gave the problems at first, you were riding the charging handle forward and not letting the bolt just fly home. As you said you seemed to solve that particular problem.

Did the test mag in the video fail to lock the bolt open on the last round or did did you just count your rounds and leave one in the chamber?

Matt
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:50:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the input, they do lock back I did not empty the mag in the video.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:26:01 PM EDT
[#8]
In reply to ACR26 the mags are if anything bigger than the standard A1 mags.

The body is longer

The follower is as near as makes no difference

The rear cutout is the same

"Finally, you attempted to sell an item, you hadn't tested, and for a task it wasn't capable of doing, to people who didn't know any better."

1 I did not attempt to sell I sold and rather a lot of them
2 Not Tested the supplier had I have and they work
3 Capable of doing I think that's proven wrong
4 People who don't know any better, well that's just ignorance from you about others around you.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:06:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Can't say how well they'll work - but that isn't like the standard H&K A2 mag follower that's in my mags....
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:45:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Are those followers plastic?

Every single A2 mag I own (and I have a lot) all have metal followers....
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:29:28 AM EDT
[#11]
No matter of hammerite will fix that.

You cant polish a turd.

Richard
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:32:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes the follower is Plastic we have replaced them with Magpuls and found that they perform as good if not smoother than the metal followers. They need a slight modification but if you have aMagpul arounf and an A2 mag give it a try.

We fired these on Sunday full auto and semi with 100% reliability.

So I say again dont shy away if you see some of these mags cheap add a Magpul and you have a great Mag for the price of a GI
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#13]
We didn't use Hammerite the texture is on the magazines
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top