Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2010 7:52:23 AM EDT
My wedding anniversary is coming up and my wife and I were want to try this place out. For those of you who have been there what are your thoughts on it? Price, dress code what not.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My wedding anniversary is coming up and my wife and I were want to try this place out. For those of you who have been there what are your thoughts on it? Price, dress code what not.

Nice place for sure.

Price is High.

Dress code was nice slacks and shirt, I would not go there in rough jeans and overalls.

For a anniversary it would be a nice place to go but be prepared to pay as much as a 2nd mortage :)
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Expect to pay between $100-150 for a very nice dinner with a bottle of wine, dinner, and an appitizer.

Dress code is business casual or better (no suit required), but no gym shoes or jeans.

The steaks, especially those cooked in the fire hot butter, are to die for.  

Some will say there are better steakhouses in Atlanta, but Ruth Chris' is fantastic.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 8:49:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, more or less on par with my experiences.  Rathbuns Steak may have better sides, but I prefer the way they cook steak at Ruth's Chris.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 9:50:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Really really really really, good stuff.  I go every few years, last time I wanted a 4lb lobster, called ahead a week in advance.  There set a 4 lb lobster in the tank on my arrival.  OMG... to die for....

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Probably on par with the best dead cow I've ever had.

A couple can get out of there for $100.00 easy including appetizers. If you add alcohol all bets are off.

I have seen everything from jeans to business suits while dining there but jeans are not recommended.

TD
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 9:56:14 AM EDT
[#6]
As long as you don't mind shelling out, as has been mentioned here $100 to $150 or so for a full meal, then by all means do it. I've been a few times in the past (with parents - thats at the very least two weeks' worth of food money for me), and the steaks cooked in the hot butter are delicious and amazing from first bite to last, which is a big factor to me in determining steak (or any food) quality. Making it taste good at first is easy. Making someone still every bit as happy to be putting that food in their mouth and paying for it all the way down to the last grain of rice is an art.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Really really really really, good stuff.  I go every few years, last time I wanted a 4lb lobster, called ahead a week in advance.  There set a 4 lb lobster in the tank on my arrival.  OMG... to die for....

If you had a 4 pound lobster it wasnt a Maine lobster.

Maine lobsters must be over a certain size, too big and it goes back, too small and it goes back.  Average weight on a Maine lobster is 1.5 to 2 pounds.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maine lobsters must be over a certain size, too big and it goes back, too small and it goes back.  Average weight on a Maine lobster is 1.5 to 2 pounds.

he never said a Maine lobster.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I know he didnt say a Maine lobster .... but why would you want to eat lobster if it wasnt a Maine lobster?
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#10]
You can eat lunch at Ruth's Chris alot cheaper than dinner, but the steaks are excellent!
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:19:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I know he didnt say a Maine lobster .... but why would you want to eat lobster if it wasnt a Maine lobster?

Same reason to use PMC 223 instead of Mk262?
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#12]
ONLY EAT THE ONE @ LENOX THE OTHERS SUCK
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#13]

So take her to Ruth's Chris once a year.  The steak is great.

Like others have already said, prepare to drop under $100, not including alcohol.

Find The Back Porch in Shellman.  Steaks are exceptional and not pricey.  Thursday night is seafood buffet with frog legs.  Wear jeans.

Cute young country-girl waitresses too.  Watch out, you'll want to marry one of 'em.  

Or Rick's Main Street Cafe in Parrott.  Best BBQ I've ever tasted.  Ribs, pork or chicken.  Brunswick stew is very good.  Steaks on Friday and Saturday only.  Excellent and not pricey.  Wear jeans.

Watch who you bring because the food is so good, you'll want to slap someone.  

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:25:43 PM EDT
[#14]
If you know someone who has a CostCo membership, they have gift cards for Ruth's Chris , two $50 cards for $80.  Haven't read the details to see whether they can both be used at the same time or not (also have movie tickets for about 20% off buying them at the window).
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:29:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Ruth's Chris is a nice place, but I am not a fan of their steaks. Steaks and butter do not go together.

Accountant
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:43:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ruth's Chris is a nice place, but I am not a fan of their steaks. Steaks and butter do not go together.

Accountant

You can request them without the butter......
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Pacific bugs are tasty too! And they don't have those claws to pinch you when trying to catch them with your hands.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I would assume you have never had Florida lobster or langouste ?
why would you want to eat lobster if it wasn't a Maine lobster?
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Accountant

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:58:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I have nothing against Ruth's Chris, they have great steaks.  For what I believe is the best steak in Atlanta, check out http://www.mortons.com/index.php .  For a great steak and absolutely unbeatable experience, check out http://www.sundialrestaurant.com/index.php .
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:01:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I personally do not like lobster at all any more.  I used to live in Maine and would go lobstering with friends and could get it fresh off the boat whenever I wanted ....... I ate WAY too much as a kid.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I personally do not like lobster at all any more.  I used to live in Maine and would go lobstering with friends and could get it fresh off the boat whenever I wanted ....... I ate WAY too much as a kid.

As a kid????

You set yourself up for that one!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 4:16:30 AM EDT
[#23]
WOW this dude just listed the two worst resturants in atlanta
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 4:43:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Ruth's was pricey but worth it. easy way to blow $150 on a date and have a nicely prepared piece of dead cow,
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:02:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Ruth's Chris is very good and is pretty consistent. Prices are decent for what you get.

I would also recommend Hal's on Old Ivy. Many say that it is the best steak in Atlanta and certainly not as expensive as Bones or Chops.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:13:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
ONLY EAT THE ONE @ LENOX THE OTHERS SUCK

The Centennial Park one is the one I normally go to, and I've recently been to the one in Kennesaw.  Neither of them sucked.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:10:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Better than Ruth's Chris is Stoney River.  About the same, price-wise.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:11:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They come from many many more places than Maine though. Where fishing regulations are less stringent.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:41:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Good steaks. I like going there...usually in March every year...tax refund and all
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Better than Ruth's Chris is Stoney River.  About the same, price-wise.

The Stoney River at Cumberland wasn't better than RC last time I was there. It wasn't bad, but I didn't think it was worth the price.  I need more datapoints and plan to go back to SR eventually.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Well I put in a reservation for next Saturday on the 20th. The price is no big deal, that is about what I was expecting the price to be. Thanks for all the help guys.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#32]
It's good steak.  Kevin Rathbun's is better.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's good steak.  Kevin Rathbun's is better.

My only complaint with Rathbun's Steak is the amount of char they put on their ribeyes.  It's cooked precisely as I asked for, but I needed to scrape off a bunch of carbon to be able to taste the meat.  Their sides are generally better than Ruth's Chris though.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:20:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Promise me you will order a side of creamed spinach when you go.

It's to die for...!!!!

TD

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Promise me you will order a side of creamed spinach when you go.

It's to die for...!!!!

TD

I have never been to big on spinach, but will give it a try.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top