Posted: 6/16/2009 4:53:02 AM EDT

RUSKIN - Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office deputies are
investigating a shooting at Ruskin Cut Rate Liquor, 621 U.S. Highway 41
North. The sheriff's communications center received a call about a
gunshot around 3:30 p.m.

Three men entered the store with the intent to rob it, and a scuffle
ensued with the store owner. The owner was struck on the head with a
bottle, but managed to get to a handgun and shoot one of the men. That
person was airlifted to Tampa General Hospital.

The investigation continues.

Here's to hoping the perp croaks.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:14:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I know they can't do it, but don't you wonder if the pilot was tempted to take 'the scenic route'?

I hope the store owner recovers fully.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:26:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I know they can't do it, but don't you wonder if the pilot was tempted to take 'the scenic route'?

I hope the store owner recovers fully.

Or maybe, had to bank hard to avoid a flock of birds, and the seat/stretcher restraints weren't tightened just so.....
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:49:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Score one for the good guys!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#4]

They should really take their time to the hospital...  

Now the other two buddies can be charged with attempted murder.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Who's going to pay for that $20k air ride
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:18:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Who's going to pay for that $20k air ride

It was paid for with stimulus money, as the robber was actually just an ACORN worker out doing some community organizing .
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:26:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They should really take their time to the hospital...  

Now the other two buddies can be charged with attempted murder.  

Here's to hoping that the scumbag croaks and his partners get charged accordingly.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:39:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe this is what the anti's meant when they said the streets would run red with blood.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#9]
but managed to get to a handgun and shoot one of the men

He picked up the robbers gun after the robber dropped it. (edit)

Then he shot him with it... FTW
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:21:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

but managed to get to a handgun and shoot one of the men

He picked up the robbers gun after the robber dropped it, when the clerk hit him with the bottle.

Then he shot him with it... FTW

It says the owner was struck in the head with the bottle, not the robbers.  

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:33:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Holy crap. The owners a friend of mine. I've known him for 14yrs. This is the first I 've heard of this. I just got back in town.  I'm on my way there now.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:54:20 AM EDT
[#12]
please do send our regards!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:06:20 AM EDT
[#13]
The owner Bill is Ok just a little bump on his head. No cuts or anything. I can't go into too much details as to what happened because of the investigation right now. Bill was attacked by two men in his store when he refuse to sell to them because they were not 21. It was 2 against 1 and these thugs grabbed Bill and attacked him in his own store and he was in fear for his life and thought these men were going to seriously hurt or kill him at that time. At that point it could have turned into a robbery I don't know. There were three of them though. One was out side and two went inside. The two that was in side were arrested (one went to hospital) and the one out side was let go. I think if we use our imagination we can see where this was headed. They were unarmed though. That does not matter though when it's two big guys against one man in his business.  What's important though is that he's alright.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#14]
yes indeed brother ! glad to hear it !
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
RUSKIN - Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office deputies areinvestigating a shooting at Ruskin Cut Rate Liquor, 621 U.S. Highway 41North. The sheriff's communications center received a call about agunshot around 3:30 p.m.

Three men entered the store with the intent to rob it, and a scuffleensued with the store owner. The owner was struck on the head with abottle, but managed to get to a handgun and shoot one of the men. Thatperson was airlifted to Tampa General Hospital.

The investigation continues.

Here's to hoping the perp croaks.  

http://www2.tbo.com/exposure/ar/385/255/2009/06/15/3945_061509liquor.jpg

osprey do you live around Ruskin?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top