Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2021 2:49:23 PM EDT
The claim on Facebook is that Training Certs are being rejected if the training is more than 90 days old.  Has anyone experienced this recently or heard a credible report of it happening?
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Not saying Faceplant isn't a reliable source of info, but ......  In reality, I don't believe that a change in requirements is something they can just pull out of their collective asses.  There would of been rumblings about something like this by now.  But hey, it's Tony, so who knows.  Seriously, I haven't heard a word about this anywhere.  Where on facebook did you see this?
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 3:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Concealed Carry page
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#3]
My dd214 and OH ccw were all I needed.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 8:59:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Does the rumor say on whose authority this ignoring of the state ccw statute is taking place? There has been no change in the laws.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I just renewed my CCL.  I got my new card today and noticed that both the card and the letter just say "Attorney General" and "office of the atty general". Whereas the previous card had Brad Schimel's name printed on the card.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 8:47:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just renewed my CCL.  I got my new card today and noticed that both the card and the letter just say "Attorney General" and "office of the atty general". Whereas the previous card had Brad Schimel's name printed on the card.
View Quote

How long did the process take? I'll have to renew in the late fall, like others who got theirs as soon as the law took effect almost 10 years ago. When I renewed last time it was only a few days, I renewed on a Monday morning, online, new card was in wednesday's mail.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL I'm sure Josh Kaul's a$$hole puckers every time he has to issue one of these.
Gary
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

How long did the process take? I'll have to renew in the late fall, like others who got theirs as soon as the law took effect almost 10 years ago. When I renewed last time it was only a few days, I renewed on a Monday morning, online, new card was in wednesday's mail.
View Quote

I used the online process. I think I filled out the web form on Thursday night and the card was in my mailbox on Tuesday.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 9:35:49 PM EDT
[#9]
renewed online March 22 new permit in mailbox on the 27th
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:28:55 AM EDT
[#10]
What’s the current wait time for a renewal?

They seem to send out renewals early and resets your next expiration date.  Got my first card in Dec (probably same time as a lot of you).  Renewed it in 5 years the instant I got my renewal notice.  Current one now expires this Aug and just got the renewal in may.  Figure if I renew now I’ll get gipped out of a few more months so I was going to hold off on renewing for another month or so.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:19:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What’s the current wait time for a renewal?

They seem to send out renewals early and resets your next expiration date.  Got my first card in Dec (probably same time as a lot of you).  Renewed it in 5 years the instant I got my renewal notice.  Current one now expires this Aug and just got the renewal in may.  Figure if I renew now I’ll get gipped out of a few more months so I was going to hold off on renewing for another month or so.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure that the 'reset' of expiration date has been fixed. It's now 5 years from current expiration date like it should be, not actual renewal date.

Can any recent renewal confirm?

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's what it says on their web site - "CCW license renewals cost $22, do not require new or additional training, and will expire five years from the date the new license is issued. New CCW licenses require an approved training and $40 fee. License renewals and new applications will be processed within 21 days, per Wisconsin State Statute."
I think I'm going to call them and see just what the hell the deal is.

Update:  Just called the DOJ.  They said when renewing, the current expiration will be used.  They said they fixed it 5 years ago when they discovered the problem.  I told them it might be a good idea if they updated their website to reflect the correction. (crickets)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top