Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/15/2004 5:36:56 AM EST
Trying to ID some...thats all!

Thanks,
BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:45:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/15/2004 6:48:27 AM EST by Irishfly]
The one with the separate piece of metal spot welded to the back as the mag catch is most likely a PMC or USA mag from looking at mine. The one with the pressed bump on the back is a cheap aftermarket version that has a really soft body and feed lips..... try it- Squeeze the mag body of the PMC mag and then squeeze the mag body of the cheaper one. I have about 15 mags of different lineage for my AC556. some of the cheapos work fine, some don't. All of the PMC mags work great as well as the factory LEO's that I picked up yesterday :D

Hope this helps,
Debo
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:45:49 AM EST
I don;t hitnk any of those are PMI. they gernerally have two drain holes.

Check out the mag forum inthe mini-14 group on www.perfectunion.com

Mini-14 magazine forum
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:26:28 PM EST
Where can I get factory LEO mags and what do they cost?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:10:36 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:44:22 PM EST
Terihenry,

I asked the same question in the EE, and have not gotten an answer yet.

Stay tuned.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:06:26 AM EST

Originally Posted By SC-Texas:
I don;t hitnk any of those are PMI. they gernerally have two drain holes.

Check out the mag forum inthe mini-14 group on www.perfectunion.com

Mini-14 magazine forum

Thanks for the linky!

I'll do more research later.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:49:11 PM EST
Any of you Mini 14 guys........did you ever have any 25 rounds mags? I bought some NIW from a guy at Market Hall in 86 or 87 for $3 each. They had no name or markings on them at all and were blue. Two of them worked flawlessly and the third one was a paper weight. I had never seen any 25 rounders before or since. Were they LEO only or some export mags? I always wondered if they were something some guy put together in his machine shop or if they were just some one off company.

I traded the Mini off a year or so ago to a buddy for a Romanian AK and 1K rounds of Wolf. Almost wish I had the Mini back.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:03:23 PM EST

Originally Posted By Gopher:
Any of you Mini 14 guys........did you ever have any 25 rounds mags? I bought some NIW from a guy at Market Hall in 86 or 87 for $3 each. They had no name or markings on them at all and were blue. Two of them worked flawlessly and the third one was a paper weight. I had never seen any 25 rounders before or since. Were they LEO only or some export mags? I always wondered if they were something some guy put together in his machine shop or if they were just some one off company.

I traded the Mini off a year or so ago to a buddy for a Romanian AK and 1K rounds of Wolf. Almost wish I had the Mini back.

To be honest with you 2 of these 'may' be 25 rounders because they seem to be just a little shorter than the other 2.

I would have to load them up to make sure.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:47:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/16/2004 5:47:53 PM EST by Gopher]
There is about an inch to an inch and a half difference between the 20 and 30 rounders. The 30's have a slight curve to them, well more noticeable than the 20's. The pics look like 30's. PMI made a 40 rounder too but they were jam o matics.
Top Top