Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2009 8:20:52 PM EDT
http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_061609WAB-arlington-rough-landing-KC.89c5ad3e.html

From KING 5 - ARLINGTON, Wash. – An older-style fighter jet experienced a rough landing at the Arlington Airport Tuesday evening.

I was in the yard beating back ever encroaching nature when he roared into the pattern. I say roared because he was really cruising and had to do a pass and break over the field to bleed off some speed before apparently taking a dump on the runway.  Yeah, that's not gonna buff out.

No pics of the ship wheels up on the ground but here's some stock stuff.

After comparing paint schemes I'm pretty sure the above aircraft and the mishap aircraft are one in the same.  Interesting story in this shot is the PIC is an ex-German Air Force pilot who just moments before was turning against one of Paul Allen's pilots in the P-40.  It was a good show.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure that's the same jet I saw come in for a landing last tuesday at Arlington when I was on my way to the range..

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#2]
THe guy in the back was givin' somebody the finger...........................
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:35:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This time, no.

That time, yes.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:40:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/8900/dsc1543.jpg

This time, no.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7168/dsc8253e.jpg

That time, yes.

HA!  Nice.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:59:11 AM EDT
[#5]

So what kind of jet is that? An old trainer? I was up at Arl airport a few weeks ago. Saw an old chinese Mig with the red tailstar. Pretty cool.
I know they have had some reconditioned Migs up there for sale in the past. WAHTF group buy?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:28:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So what kind of jet is that? An old trainer? I was up at Arl airport a few weeks ago. Saw an old chinese Mig with the red tailstar. Pretty cool.
I know they have had some reconditioned Migs up there for sale in the past. WAHTF group buy?

My first guess is an Alpha Jet

LINKY
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah it's an Alpha Jet.  A local guy imported 6 or 7 from Germany back in 2002, re-assembled them, had them FAA certified for flight ops and put a few up for sale.  At the time I think they were going for 500-650K a piece.  It's a pretty mean looking little airplane from the right angle.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:45:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No and no, somehow, me and KA3B would get stuck fixing it
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:55:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Those are Alpha jets.
Cool little plane...easy to maintain.  
Built as a collaboration between Dassault (France) and Dornier (Germany) starting in the early seventies I believe.
Originally meant as a trainer but evolved into a light strike aircraft and used by many nations.

These planes have been actively imported into the US from Germany where have been restored/upgraded and sold to "qualified" civilians (read: very wealthy and jet-rated pilot's license).
Essentially a small fighter-type jet aircraft (around 12,000 lbs. fully loaded) with a cruise around 619 km/h.

The owner of the Arlington Airpark is also the owner of this corporation,  http://alphajetsusa.com/
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:22:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well maybe we could get a few retired Tomcats, thet should be pretty capable ( as long as they avoid conflicts with F22's)
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well maybe we could get a few retired Tomcats, thet should be pretty capable ( as long as they avoid conflicts with F22's)

Sadly, putting a tomcat back together is a tough job...
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:41:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Now that is just damned painful and heartbreaking to watch...fuck
Loved those planes when I was aboard the USS Ranger...they were awesome.

I it were me I would continually retrofit new electronics/avionics, software, control systems, and engines...make them even more bad-ass.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sadly, putting a tomcat back together is a tough job...

Who the fuck in their right mind would................

I need a drink.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, if it's French and German...
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:42:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top