Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2012 2:10:36 PM EDT
Anyone have any information on this company?

Headquartered out of Dearborn Heights, MI. Has an office in Fond du Lac, and a firing range in Chilton. They apparently run CCW classes out of Dutches Trading Post in FDL.

Lot's of "Tier 1 HSLD Center Axis Relock technique" on their website.

Services include close protection, investigations, technical security, maritime, DoD, ect. I'm pretty familiar with the PMC community, and I've never heard of them.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:35:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Alright, a shady sounding tier 1 possibly 0 company named after a movie about mercenaries. Sign me up  I call Viper as my code name.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#2]
lol @ the "Your IP is: XX.XXX.X.XXX" script on their website. That combined with the free initial assessment for stalker threat management makes me feel these guys know their stuff.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 4:29:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Alright, a shady sounding tier 1 possibly 0 company named after a movie about mercenaries. Sign me up  I call Viper as my code name.

I call Cobra. We can be partners. You get to be the loose cannon, and I'll be all-business.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:24:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 5:33:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I call Cobra. We can be partners. You get to be the loose cannon, and I'll be all-business.

Dibs on garter snake , the mildly retarded sidekick that is always doing exactly the wrong thing ...
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They're legitimate.  I used to work with one of their management guys in Kosovo. He's a medically retired USAF TACP Captain with a Silver Star and Purple Heart.

They are legitimate, or a legitimate person was at one time associated with them? Big difference.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 10:44:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Knowing what I know of Paul Castle and CAR, their credibility is questionable to me with how fanatic they promote it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 7:18:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The very legitimate person is currently running the Wisconsin office, so yes, I believe they're legit.  I'll forward this thread to him, to give him a chance to respond, if he cares to do so.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but I am in transit.  This missive is coming to you from my gate at Nagoya International in Japan.

My flight is boarding, so it will be Sunday night Eastern time before I can respond further.

Looking forward to some info direct from the company.

Quoted:
Knowing what I know of Paul Castle and CAR, their credibility is questionable to me with how fanatic they promote it.

Do tell.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 8:51:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Per my friend:

On the jab to Paul Castle I would just say he trained the FBI, was body guard to the queen of England, body guard to the British prime minister, instructed at the CIA farm, and multiple swat teams. And Paul founded Center Axis Relock (to date there never has been a single student who as take a class and said it was anything but superior to what they were using before). I have had Special Forces guys who are PSD leaders take my class in Wisconsin who swear by it.

And the psd guy who loves Uses our school was on the Karzai detail and works for SOCOM and has the initials FL. If anyone on that thread is legit they will know who that is.
And the company was not named after a movie. Ronin Workdwide is featured in the bonus features in the Blue Ray of Expendables 2 along with interviews of some of our guys. On the PSD side is our guy who was a secret service agent in charge of President Clinton's security detail.
So yes. We are legit.

Anyway, I worked with this guy for a year in Kosovo, he's one of my best friends, and he isn't bullshitting anyone.  If you don't like the site or the name, I'm sorry about that.

Good to know it's GTG. No problem with the name personally, but the website seems a bit lacking in presentation. I initially flagged it as a "fly-by-night" company.

All I see is CCW classes listed in their training calender. Just a thought, they should offer some sort of tactical carbine/shotgun/pistol course for the general public locally. Wisconsin is lacking in this regard, I have to travel out of state to get any decent course material. I wouldn't mind enrolling in a course and posting a review on arfcom.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
... I wouldn't mind enrolling in a course ...

This. For serious.

And they can even call me "Cobra" during the class for funning in this thread.
Link Posted: 10/13/2012 7:11:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
The very legitimate person is currently running the Wisconsin office, so yes, I believe they're legit.  I'll forward this thread to him, to give him a chance to respond, if he cares to do so.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but I am in transit.  This missive is coming to you from my gate at Nagoya International in Japan.

My flight is boarding, so it will be Sunday night Eastern time before I can respond further.

Looking forward to some info direct from the company.

Quoted:

Do tell.

I have attended training from Paul Castle. I can say that he is a thief, because I witnessed it. There is also an integrity reason he did not come back to train at an agency in WI, which I have direct from the mouth of the head of that agency. Combined with the allegations of claiming to various federal facilities to have trained and done more than he has, as well as other issues that I am privvy to but will not share on an open forum, there are more than enough reasons why anything attached to Paul Castle is suspect to a lot of agencies. I have learned things from the training I attended of Sabre Tactical. I try to take something home from every training I attend, be it good or bad. The CAR system is a tool in the tool box for some very, very limited scenarios. Inside a vehicle or some weapon retention is one such example. However those that advocate the CAR system as the end all-be all with a fanaticism like point shooting or some other methods raise red flags with me. Those that claim their ways are THE way instead of A way concern me.

While the instructor for Ronin may have some very good credentials and background, I still will strongly question rabid advocation of C.A.R. due to my own training, experience, and knowledge of it's creator. Just because someone has trained an organization doesn't mean they have credibility. The fact that Paul was pretty much persona non grata after a while at much of the federal level says a lot as well.

Link Posted: 10/13/2012 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/13/2012 11:01:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Paul Castle is the thief. I never said your friend was.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Guess they are legit since they were featured in the DVD release of Expendables 2.
http://assetprotectorz.com/m/videos/view/Ronin-Expendables-2-HQ
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:57:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Guess they are legit since they were featured in the DVD release of Expendables 2.
http://assetprotectorz.com/m/videos/view/Ronin-Expendables-2-HQ

This is what makes them legit?

I suppose you think the FPS Russia guy is really Russian because he was in a commercial.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top