Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2010 6:57:05 PM EDT
I ain't a big Cowboy fan at all, being from H-town, but I would not wish a broken collar bone on anyone.....well, except Peyton Manning next Monday night when the Colts play the Texans.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Agree with you. That one looked like it hurt, but I was impressed he still wanted to get back out there. Hopefully this might mean McGee will get some playing time in a real game, that guy was my favorite player to watch when I was at A&M, toughest player I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:59:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Agree with you. That one looked like it hurt, but I was impressed he still wanted to get back out there. Hopefully this might mean McGee will get some playing time in a real game, that guy was my favorite player to watch when I was at A&M, toughest player I've ever seen.

+1

I remember one home game where he was blindsided by a blitz and after his throw, he was hammered into the turf.  The pass was incomplete and when he got up his helmet had grass stuck in it and was crooked.  The defensive player had stood over him for quite a while gloating the backbreaking hit.

After fixing his helmet (grass still stuck in it) McGee jumped right up in the defensive player's face over what should have been a late hit on the quarterback.  The majority of quarterbacks would have probably had to sit a couple of plays out after that hit.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 4:47:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The Cowboys will have a losing record this yr.
 I'll be very surprised if they have 8-8 the end of this yr.

I say this as a die-hard Cowboy fan: There isn't a snow ball's chance in hell they even sniff .500. They were going to have a hard time doing that with Romo in the lineup.  Realistically, with what they have left at QB (no offense to Mcgee, but he has no NFL experience) if they are lucky they go 3-13.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:03:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I say this as a die-hard Cowboy fan: There isn't a snow ball's chance in hell they even sniff .500. They were going to have a hard time doing that with Romo in the lineup.  Realistically, with what they have left at QB (no offense to Mcgee, but he has no NFL experience) if they are lucky they go 3-13.

The way they have playing, they wouldn't make it to 3-13 with any quarterback.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:27:54 AM EDT
[#6]
If the defense keeps giving up 500 yards a game, they won't beat anyone.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:42:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:45:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1  And it's strange, since they have all kinds of talent. Per usual, though, they can't play as a team. It's past time to fire Wade and get a coach with some balls and some talent.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:11:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1  And it's strange, since they have all kinds of talent. Per usual, though, they can't play as a team. It's past time to fire Wade and get a coach with some balls and some talent.

Wade isn't the real problem...  he's the symptom.  Jerry Jones is the problem...  he micro manages things too much, especially staffing decisions.  Wade's problem is he is too much Jerry's puppet.  I think that Wade could do a great job if he was given a team of players that could work together, but he isn't the guy to kick the asses of a bunch of prima donnas and make them play as a team.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:19:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Sucks for Romo but I'm not a Cowboys fan. I hope Peyton throws all over the other turd Texas team
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 12:25:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

no shit?
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wade isn't the real problem...  he's the symptom.  Jerry Jones is the problem...  he micro manages things too much, especially staffing decisions.  Wade's problem is he is too much Jerry's puppet.  I think that Wade could do a great job if he was given a team of players that could work together, but he isn't the guy to kick the asses of a bunch of prima donnas and make them play as a team.  

Jones is an issue, but Wade is not head coaching material.  He needs to be fired or demoted to coordinator.  Did you watch any of the training camp shows on HBO?  He freaking cried when he had to cut some of the players!  This isn't high school or college, this is the NFL and he's way too soft.  Part of coaching is figuring out how to get them to play as a team, who else is supposed to do it?  This team has no leadership, within the players or within the coaching staff.  That is why they fail.  When you don't have any leadership from within the players like the Cowboys, then the need for a real coach is even more important.  Another issue is Romo is over-rated.  People bashed Romo for not being a leader and prior to last season he said he would step up and take on that role.  He failed to do so then and has failed to so do this year.  He was paid big money with that new contract and so far he hasn't earned it.   I just hope Jones has scratched the idea that Garrett will be the next head coach as he really isn't all that great of an offensive coordinator either.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:54:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Jerry's kids just ain't cutting it....lol
Link Posted: 10/30/2010 5:39:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Im an aggie too.  Bring on some time with McGee.
Link Posted: 10/30/2010 8:29:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jones is an issue, but Wade is not head coaching material.  He needs to be fired or demoted to coordinator.  Did you watch any of the training camp shows on HBO?  He freaking cried when he had to cut some of the players!  This isn't high school or college, this is the NFL and he's way too soft.  Part of coaching is figuring out how to get them to play as a team, who else is supposed to do it?  This team has no leadership, within the players or within the coaching staff.  That is why they fail.  When you don't have any leadership from within the players like the Cowboys, then the need for a real coach is even more important.  Another issue is Romo is over-rated.  People bashed Romo for not being a leader and prior to last season he said he would step up and take on that role.  He failed to do so then and has failed to so do this year.  He was paid big money with that new contract and so far he hasn't earned it.   I just hope Jones has scratched the idea that Garrett will be the next head coach as he really isn't all that great of an offensive coordinator either.

Agreed. If Garrett gets a head coaching job, I'll be shocked if it's with the Cowboys. Wade will be lucky to survive much longer if there are two more losses, and at that point the season's focus will be rebuilding. This is a team in crisis, managed by a megalomaniacal and intrusive owner, coached by a guy who is too soft, and filled with undisciplined players. It's not a pretty picture and hardly a recipe for success.

Link Posted: 10/30/2010 8:57:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jones is THE issue. While I agree that Wade needs to go, the problems the Cowboys are having will persist until Jerry either sells, kicks the bucket, or learns to stay in his owner's box and leave the coaching to the coaching staff. He micromanages the operations of the team. I blame him for running Bill Parcells off.

The Cowboys have a lot of good players. I'm not a huge Romo fan, but he is actually a pretty good QB. He has a few areas he really needs to work on though. My arthritic grandma could run around the O-line, but other than that, the issues the Cowboys are facing are a result of the weak coaching, which is a result of Jerry's meddling.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top