Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2003 5:51:52 PM EDT
Ok boys and girls it is just 1 week away and I would like to get an idea of who is in and who cannot make it.

I know there will be at least myself and my buddy Jim. I am hoping to coerce him into bringing my old hot water heater in his pickup.

We also have a case of Tannerite and several old computer cases and a stray fax machine or two.  these are the old huler sized fax machines so they ought to hold up pretty well. Everyone is encouraged to bring other targets as well. You folks know what is fun. The creek does have a no glass policy so computer monitors and TV's are out.

So who is coming????

Bob
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 2:48:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there. My vacation is in for the weekend and the ammo cans are full. Bringing AR10, AR15, AR50, AR180, and AR1 Garand. See everyone there!
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#2]
bump
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Was it decided which range?
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#4]
It will be the main range this trip. I think we will need to bribe Honker to do our bidding this time.

The fall shoot, and all future shoots, will be on the private range. I hope you can make it.

Bob
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 11:52:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I need to check the "Hometown" more often I almost missed this.

Bob, what is the cost?

I'm leaving in about 2 hours for Bowling Green so I'll bring my AR15 back to Louisville Sunday. My son is leaving after finals week at WKU for Ft. Benning, GA May 14th for Airborne training and then to England after that so he wont be using the AR15 until mid-July.
As a matter of fact, my son will be here May 10th and would probably like to go. I also know a co-worker who has several AR15's, AK's and other guns who would want to go.

Refresh my memory, can anybody shoot or is this a membership thing?

Looking forward to your response. Count me in!

PS I may have some targets. I know I have an old microwave oven in the garage I need to get rid of.
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 6:29:00 AM EDT
[#6]
KY-Bob, I'll be there!

KY-AR15, everybody is welcome to shoot, the more the merrier! IIRC, range fee for the day is $7
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 8:22:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Everyone can, and should, come! I will have a couple AR's and the subgun. Anyone is welcome to shoot it, just bring your own 9mm ammo or I will have some for sale.

Cost is $7.00 and they have food available.

Bob
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 1:28:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey everybody, I am planning on coming up for this shoot, have several guns I plan on bringing.( mostly class 3) what time does the shoot start? Also, KY-Bob do you need any help with this? I could come up earlier and help you out,if you do? counting down the days and the ammo. See ya Rob
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 2:27:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Everyone can, and should, come! I will have a couple AR's and the subgun. Anyone is welcome to shoot it, just bring your own 9mm ammo or I will have some for sale.

Cost is $7.00 and they have food available.

Bob

Count me in! See everybody on the 10th.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey guys, I'd like to join you at the Kyana shoot.  I'm over in Richmond.  I got an AR back in Feb.  

I went down to the East Tenn AR15 shoot last weekend and met some of the guys.  We had a great time and blasted through a bunch of ammo.  This will be my first time to Knob Creek. So I'm looking forward to seeing the promised land of black rifledom.  

See ya there,
Kirk-A3

-------------------------------------------------

Link Posted: 4/29/2003 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey Toetags,  I really don't need any help this time around as we will be on the main range and they set it all up. However in the fall I probably will as we will have to set up a few 10X20' canopies and set up some tables on the private range.

I am really looking forward to meeting everyone, looks like a lot of new faces!

Thanks everyone for the replies,

Bob

Link Posted: 4/30/2003 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#12]
What time does the shooting start?
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#13]
i might be there
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 3:28:48 PM EDT
[#14]
My brother and I are coming and looking forward to it. Can I bring a truck door (glass removed)?  How about a refridgerator??
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:01:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm pretty sure you can bring most anything that is not glass. I do not know what their policy is on removal, however.

Shooting will start at 9:00 AM as that is when the range opens. I will be there about 8:00 AM to set up signs and make sure all is ok.

Bob

Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:18:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure you can bring most anything that is not glass. I do not know what their policy is on removal, however.

Shooting will start at 9:00 AM as that is when the range opens. I will be there about 8:00 AM to set up signs and make sure all is ok.

Bob

Bob,
Do you need any help setting things up? If so, let me know.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 5:47:38 AM EDT
[#17]
I may make it and I may not.  Sorry to be so indecisive but I am on call that weekend and so my time will be determined by the needs of Verizon Wireless.  

If I do make it, I won't be packing... would probably show up more to say hello and meet some fellow Kentuckians.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 6:34:43 PM EDT
[#18]
If anyone wants to show up early and help out, feel free! The more the merrier!

Bob
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#19]

I would love to go.  As a newly transplanted Kentuckian (?), I wouldn't mind meeting some of the neighbours.

My cousin, however, decided to get married on the 10th down in Georgia, so I won't be able to make this one.  Would be a lot of fun though!  Take some pictures!

Patriot
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Well patriot, we would have been glad to see you. We will most likely have one this Fall as well.

Miss Magnum, you are always welcome and I hope you can make it. You won't need to be packing, I'm sure there will be plenty of stuff to shoot!

I need to make up some signs and go to Centerfire Systems to get some blasting ammo. Anyone want me to pick something up for you while I am there? I will probably go Tuesday or Thursday. I don't need money up front just tell me what you want and I will pick it up. You can pay me at the range with cash or check.

Bob

Link Posted: 5/5/2003 12:58:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Bob,
I need a few paper targets unless plenty are available at the shoot.
Thanks
Chris
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 3:30:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Would one of you fine gentlemen or lady post a map or directions.

I'm trying to adjust my schedule to go.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:04:09 PM EDT
[#23]
'Fraid the wife and I aren't going to be able to make it.  Between getting layed off a month ago and my AR-15 being in Arizona, I just can't justify it.  Hopefully next year, or the fall if you do it again before the year is out.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Red-Leg, sorry you can't make it. We hope to see you next time!

Tom, If you go to www.machinegunshoot.com you can click on "Need a map" and print it out.

You would want to travel north on I-65 to the Gene Snyder Freeway South of Louisville, It is also refered to as 265 West.

Take 265 West to the 31W exit also known as Dixie Highway West (It is technically South as you can tell in the map)

You will pass a concrete plant on your left and then cross a small bridge. Start slowing down and get in the left lane when you start over this bridge. On your left you will see an opening in the floodwall and a purple liquor store. I kid you not.

Turn left here it is Hwy 44. Knob Creek is on your right and you cannot miss it. Keep bearing to the right when on the property and turn right behind the building that is behind the range. Circle around to the other side ogf the building and park, go inside and get you stamp and then join us on the range.

There will also be "Kyana AR15.COM" signs along the way.

There will be all sorts of paper targets available at the range.

Bob

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#25]
CRAP BOB! I keep forgetting about this Hometown page.

Jen and I will be there. I doubt we will bring any Class3 with us. It's been a hard winter on us and money it tight. We are out of ammo like you wouldn't believe. But we have enough for semi auto slow shooting. The Class3's will have us finished about in 15 mins.

I hope to have the 1919 installed on the Jeep for the next shoot. We are also looking into a 50 cal. I am going to see if I can get Dave W. to sell me his pedestal mount. But that is in due time.....

I have 6 old 486 CPU's that we will donate to the shoot.

OH, I wanna shoot the MAC! I have 9mm and plenty of it. I think.

We will try to be there and help you out early.

Jen said HI.

Greg
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey Greg,

Please bring the M16 with the .22LR upper. I literally have a gazillion rounds of .22 laying around. I also have about 700 .223 I could give to the cause. Plus some extra 9mm.

Please, please, please!!! (ok, this is defiantly begging going on here!)  

Bob

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:45:44 AM EDT
[#27]
We are definitely a go on the Tannerite and water heaters and car parts. Just got off the phone with Kenny Sumner at the Creek. He did mention that if it did not rain from now to Saturday we would not be able to shoot tracers. Tannerite should be out to, or past, 100 yards.

Bob
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:07:30 AM EDT
[#28]
I know I told you in email, but I wanted to tell the rest of the gang that right now, Tweet and I are buried and won't be able to make it down for this shoot. We're booked up solid until Bulletfest. That's Tweet and I's 'big vacation' this year. Sad when a 3 day weekend is the 'big one'.

We'll be there in spirit and we WILL be back down again!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:05:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Bump for the morning shift.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:23:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Guys,

I can't make it. Work has me tied down.  I was really planning on it and looking forward to meeting you guys face to face.

You all are always welcome to drop me a line when in TN and we'll tip a few.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:59:59 AM EDT
[#31]
May 10th, 4:51am, heading out for the Creek! See you guys there!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:19:38 AM EDT
[#32]
6:05 AM ready to go see you there.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#33]
I don't know about the rest of you but I was exhausted after I got home. I didn't even unload until after an 1 1/2 hour nap. I onlt finished cleaning one gun last night but did get to sort through all my gear.

I hope everyone had a good time and got home safely. We had a lot of new faces this year.

I will be posting pics later this evening. Family is coming over any minute to eat a late lunch for mothers day.

Thanks for coming, I had a great time!

Bob
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:14:23 AM EDT
[#34]
My wife and I had a great time yesterday - (By the way she appologizes for almost getting us kicked out! hanks
Paula and Daryl
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Tired was the word here too! We got home ate a pizza and took a one hour nap that lasted 12hrs.!!!! Geesh we were out like a light. I didn't unload the Jeep until this morning. We got the pics done at wal-mart and had them put onto disk but my photo account say they are too large. So I will have to work on them tonight.

Jennifer wants a 50cal. so bad now after shooting the Barrett before we left. The MP5 was a nice change too. Thanks Rob!

Bob get the mag conversion! I would hate to see you beat that rec. up too much.

It was nice to see everyone come. I hope we will get even more folks next time.

I think Miss Magnum shot at the other end of the range because she did not like the yellow tape. Or maybe because the computers were landing on our heads. LOL It was raining 486's!

All is well with Jen now, she will shoot the .357 again. She was just use to shooting the autos and forgot about powder burns with the wheel guns. Her learning curve is better after yesterday.

I will be working with James soon and checking out that strip mine for a weekend of shooting and camping. Bob, see what you can do on your end. We will try to get our bases covered for the next shoot.

Greg

Jenn will post later.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#36]
AR15-NUT:

How did that go down exactly? I know one was blown pretty close, then the left one was blown, then another center of range was shot. I admit I shot the second one that started the yelling. It was further away but had a much larger, shall we say, "impact" than the first one. Then the third shot went off and all hell broke loose.

It's funny now but at the time it was pretty tense!  

It was good to meet you and Paula.

The best line I heard of the day was when Jeep29's son pointed to my lightweight AR and asked when I was going to shoot it. I told him the batteries were dead and it didn't have iron sights. His reply was priceless, he put his hands down next to his waist like he was holding an air-guitar and said, "Yeah, but we could bump it!"  A kid after my own heart!

See ya,

Bob
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:25:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks for putting the shoot together KY-Bob. We had a great time.

The Tannerite was awesome! I guess the emotions really got flowing when the large jagged chunk of metal that used to be a computer case missed the fellow in the Knob Creek shirt by a few inches. I guess he took it pretty hard. I think just coming down and talking about it would have been too hard. I vote Mrs AR-15nut be banned from future shoots.

My son had a fantastic time. It was his first time shooting a machinegun that wasn't mounted. I think it took him by suprise. Now I can't get him to shut up about getting an Uzi. He shoots more in a month than most of the guys over at Ft Campbell shoot in a couple years so I guess its time to build him an AR15.

It was a pleasure to meet everyone. I hope we get to do it again in the fall.

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Okay, Okay....I never understood the phrase "Black Fever" before Saturday. What's a girl to do when she has a "little Armalite" in her hands and a computer full of dynamite just screaming to be blown apart????? I didn't think I could hit it anyway... MRS. AR15-NUT
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Picture Time!!

Here is AR308and223 doing the bump and looking tactical. Notice the exotic center finger technique!

Here is Mrs. AR15-NUT, AR15-NUT, and AR308and223 blazin' away.

AR15-Nut shooting my Tromix .50 AE nick named "Thumper".

Jeep29 checking out the M11/9. That is the lovely and mysterious Jen in the back ground.

I cannot believe I let Jeep29 get away with me trying the AR10 with the special muzzle brake, damn! I will next time for sure.

While I asked permission to take pictures of most everyone, if you want your picture removed just let me know.

I had a whole slew of pics just not save or something. I am really dissapointed in how few pics I had come out ok.

Bob

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm not up on all the picture posting technology (too cheap to pay for hosting). Hopefully this link will work to a photo album. I'll delete anything that offend or bothers anyone.

The standing offer is that anybody can shoot anything I own. Sorry you missed the AR10, Bob. It brings the recoil down to a little less than a 223. Much more pleasant than that vicious 50AE of yours. That thing was an attention getter.

photos.yahoo.com/bc/gl50bmg/lst?.dir=/Kyana&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#41]
ARRRRGGGHHH!!  I can't belive I missed this, geeez ( note to self, check the damn Hometown board more often ).

Looks like you had some fun, although rather moist from the looks of it.  I see a fall shoot is possibly in the works?

How about the tannerite, any pics of that stuff, or maybe some after shots of those computers?? hehe
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#42]
You mean you just forgot?!?!?!

Damn that is rough. Yes, we are working on a fall shoot at another location.

Hope you can remember make it!

Bob

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#43]
So you are looking at changing locations.  Any idea of where the next shoot will possibly be?  Why do you want somewhere other than the KCR, just curious?

No, I didn't actually forget.  For some reason I was thinking it was going to be next weeekend, May 24th.  But, I realize that I saw that date for the "Triggerpalooza" that full-auto.com is putting on at KCR next weekend.  I just got confused and hadn't checked in the Hometown forums for awhile...., my loss.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 1:42:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone remember this?

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Last time I seen that thing {not Bob} the bird there was a 5.56 headed for it, and B O O M. No more bird, just a hole and some stuffing floating around. Hehehe Thanks for the memory.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#46]
I remember the "forensic" search. Everyone shoulder to shoulder, look straight ahead. Nothing, just fluff.

Note to self: I have to lose some goddamn weight!!  

Bob
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#47]
I laugh about that damn bird everytime I see that picture.

I called CSI and asked if they came up with any thing on the search. They told me that we did the perfect murder! NOTHING LEFT!!!!

Bob, try the Adkins diet. LOL

Greg & Jenn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top