Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/9/2004 2:28:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/12/2004 2:45:26 PM EST by Bradd_D]
Looks like we're metting at CE at 11:00.

Here are the definites:

Bradd_D
ByteTheBullet
BookHound
kblagg
­DeltaAir423
WarDawg
Ghost-Shooter
j3_

Here are the possibles:

Taxman
gilfrd
ARH
ar-wrench
LARRYG

Breakfast at CB at 9:00 and Hooters afterward for lunch.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:51:52 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:05:55 PM EST
I would go but can't I will be in SC working
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:58:08 PM EST
Im in as if you didn't read that above.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:28:31 PM EST
Gotta see how work goes tomorrow and I gotta get some ammo and a friggin butt stock wrench.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:39:27 PM EST

Originally Posted By ByteTheBullet:
Gotta see how work goes tomorrow and I gotta get some ammo and a friggin butt stock wrench.

ByteTheBullet (-:

You can borrow my wrench.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:04:06 PM EST
Sorry to be a paranoid lackey, but anyone consider moving the festivities to Tuesday? The reason I ask is that there is still some ambiguity on the actual date of sunset, and while I believe that the wording is that it sunsets on 00:01 on 13 September 2004, I would hate for some idiot JBT to hold us and our guns in the local yokel jail cell until some lawyer figgers' it out. An incident like this would only add fuel to the fire for the antis and probably cause the "mandantory destruction" (read: JBT Christmas bonus) of our fine weapons. Conversely, does anyone have any really definitive proof on sunset, other than the legal mumbo jumbo in the bill itself?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:19:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By Ghost-Shooter:
Sorry to be a paranoid lackey, but anyone consider moving the festivities to Tuesday? The reason I ask is that there is still some ambiguity on the actual date of sunset, and while I believe that the wording is that it sunsets on 00:01 on 13 September 2004, I would hate for some idiot JBT to hold us and our guns in the local yokel jail cell until some lawyer figgers' it out. An incident like this would only add fuel to the fire for the antis and probably cause the "mandantory destruction" (read: JBT Christmas bonus) of our fine weapons. Conversely, does anyone have any really definitive proof on sunset, other than the legal mumbo jumbo in the bill itself?

According to AWB Sunset the sunset happens Sunday night at midnight so Monday should be the day.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:35:09 PM EST
I might make it depending on how things go, I dont know if I'll have anything cool and exciting though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:51:22 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:04:41 AM EST
Every "term limited" contract I have ever been involved with ends one minute after 2359 hrs of the date specified. If the wording is "ends on 13 Sept., to me, it is still in effect till that day expires, don't shoot them till 14 Sept, after sunrise just to be sure.

IMHO
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:26:51 AM EST
I'm going to try and be there but I wont have my AR done by then, I should get it back from ADCO by Tuesday.

I gotta say, those folks aren't as good with communication as I thought they would be as I posted in the Team Forum, they are probably busy.

Hey Byte, I got only 1 stock wrench from RRA. The thing is, on my existing stock, I cannot see how it will take it off!

It looks like it will work with the collapsible.

<sigh>
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:49:49 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:01:36 AM EST

Originally Posted By BookHound:
The A1 and A2 stocks are held on by the single screw at the back (top) of the stock. You should have bought a screwdriver too. I have one you can borrow, if you want.

You also need a 5/8 inch open end wrench or the USGI armorer's tool to remove the buffer tube.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:13:28 AM EST
I'm coming, how's CB at 0930-1000hrs sound
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:21:10 AM EST
why a weekday?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:36:53 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:40:39 AM EST

Just because it's the first day we can play with our "converted" toys.

converted for some, new for others
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:44:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By ar-wrench:

The A1 and A2 stocks are held on by the single screw at the back (top) of the stock. You should have bought a screwdriver too. I have one you can borrow, if you want.

You also need a 5/8 inch open end wrench or the USGI armorer's tool to remove the buffer tube.

Dang, wonder how long it would take RRA to ship me a screwdriver

I think I can find a 5/8th socket around the house.

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:56:15 AM EST
gilfrd,
You will need an open end wrench,not a socket or box end.
An adjustable wrench may work,the tube shouldn't be that tight inless it was locktighted in or has corroded with the aluminum.
When you slip the butt stock off the tube, you'll see why!
Robert.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:15:55 AM EST
It is looking 50 50 on making it on Monday.

ARH
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:08:09 AM EST
Well according to Thomas.loc.gov, the bill that the AWB was amended into was enacted on 13 September 1994. According to the Effective Date section of the amendment,
"This subtitle and the amendments made by this subtitle--
(1) shall take effect on the date of the enactment of this
Act; and
(2) are repealed effective as of the date that is 10 years
after that date."

So, technically, 10 years after the date of enactment is the 13th of September, at 00:01.

I was just suggesting shooting on Tuesday instead of Monday to be safe, since most LEO types don't seem to understand laws too well, and I would hate to be detained cause some backwoods JBT can't figure out the meaning.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:23:34 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:41:19 AM EST
Hey, is P806 gonna be there? We need some LEOs on our side to pull rank on the CE nazis
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:48:51 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:21:20 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/10/2004 12:23:19 PM EST by ar-wrench]
The CE Nazis really have it in for any rifle that "don't look like no huttin rifle to me". And it would be within the scope of their duties to sieze any and all suspect firearms. With all the "info" on the news lately, I am sure they are crystal clear on what is and what isn't legal. Of course, you can tell it to the judge in JASPER county, just bring lots of cash when you do, seems like JASPER county needs the revenue.

Actually, the bill was signed on the 13th, so 10 years AFTER is the 14th of Sept.
Better make it Tues to be safe.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:52:07 PM EST
Well, the bill was enacted on the 13th, so the new day of "unenactment" would also be on the 13th. However, I would still vote the 14th just to be sure, given that the CE JBTs aren't too fond of anything that dosen't have a wooden stock
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:09:55 PM EST
Ok, look, I don't know what you guys are talking bitching about. The 'Ranger' I spoke with and I offered to let shoot my AR, thanked me but declined saying he had one. I understand that a few of us got undeserved tickets, sure, but if you look at the number of times we had no problems, it out weighs the few time the law breakers got ticketed(JUST JOKING ABOUT THAT LAST PART). But really, list the tickets and/or warnings, but lets squash the hearsay. It might deter a lurker or newbie from going out and shooting and that, my friends, would suck ass, wouldn't it?

Ok, rant over. Thank you for listening, continue with what you were doing.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:35:54 PM EST
OK, so have we come to some sort of concensus? Monday or Tuesday?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:38:57 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:42:40 PM EST
I am going to try to make it. I want to stop at the Trimble Bridge range on the way first to try my new NFA toys. Guess I could swap a few stocks off some prebans to make new ones till my parts get here. It will still leave the bayo and flash on them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:55:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/10/2004 3:59:48 PM EST by ar-wrench]
Bill signed 9/13/94, this is the "date".

Act; and
after that date."

9/13/04 is NOT 10 years after the "date". Close, but no cigar.

Okay, get your tinfoil hat out.

There is a big BATFE field office 1 hrs drive from the piece of public property you suggest.

This is a big, nasty election year.

Kerry is trying to make points re the sunset of the ban.

Many upper and middle managers in the BATFE are Clinton/Reno holdovers.

Certain people have advertised on the web that they might show up with illegal, banned weapons just to show their disreguard for the "law". (edit to add: this is how the news will report it.)

There are covert locations at said location where "perps" can be videotaped for "evidence".

The dems bad need a big splash in the media to deflect their latest blunder, and try to salvage the ban.

Anyone here who hasn't seen or heard of political dirty tricks stand up and yell, "Hell No, Won't Happen!" Go ahead, let us all hear you.
Crickets

I vote the 14th, to be sure.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:09:17 PM EST

Bill signed 9/13/94, this is the "date".

Act; and
after that date."

9/13/04 is NOT 10 years after the "date". Close, but no cigar.

Okay, get your tinfoil hat out.

There is a big BATFE field office 1 hrs drive from the piece of public property you suggest.

This is a big, nasty election year.

Kerry is trying to make points re the sunset of the ban.

Many upper and middle managers in the BATFE are Clinton/Reno holdovers.

Certain people have advertised on the web that they might show up with illegal, banned weapons just to show their disreguard for the "law". (edit to add: this is how the news will report it.)

There are covert locations at said location where "perps" can be videotaped for "evidence".

The dems bad need a big splash in the media to deflect their latest blunder, and try to salvage the ban.

Anyone here who hasn't seen or heard of political dirty tricks stand up and yell, "Hell No, Won't Happen!" Go ahead, let us all hear you.
Crickets

I vote the 14th, to be sure.

Wow.

Just wow...

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:19:38 PM EST
Personally, I vote Tuesday, just to be super duper sure. I should have called Sen. Miller or Chambliss's office today and ask to get really definitive proof, but I didn't think of it. The thing about the repealed part is kinda ambiguious, IMHO, and I'm not a lawyer, so I can't say one way or the other about it, only that I *think* it means 9/13/2004. It just seems to me that we have waited a decade, and waiting one more day wouldn't kill us, and could probably keep us from being the poster child of Brady's new campaign (even if we were in the right, the media would go to the ends of the earth to really spoil our day and the legal fees would eat heavily into our Sunset fund)
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:33:58 PM EST
I am not trying to be a killjoy, I want everyone to celebrate and have fun.

I have lurked on several other hometown boards this evening, and several are having a monday midnight party to celebrate.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:05:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/10/2004 5:08:13 PM EST by j3_]
It did not say leap years either just years. Do they not count too. Maybe holding off till 10 regular years go by would be the safest. Anyone know how many leap years were in the last ten?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:12:53 PM EST
Well, whether its Monday or Tuesday, I'll be there. I just might have to bring only one lower, not two. Funny thing: THEY BOTH WORK THE SAME WAY!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:22:58 PM EST
Damn j3_, you are a freaking genius!!! You saved our asses!!!

There has been an exrtaordinary amount of brain power used on figuring out this simple piece of legislature. Too bad it was so vague, you'd think the lawyers would've covered that. Idiots!

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:24:06 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/10/2004 5:25:27 PM EST by Ghost-Shooter]
I think its intentionally vague on purpose...slimy bastages

So, is P806 going? We need to have our "inside man"
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:31:53 PM EST
I'm off all week so when the legal eagle's figure it out let me know when and where.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:43:54 PM EST
Well, I'm currently semi employed, so I can go anytime. However, I do have to work at some point in the week, cause of all the new toys I have to buy
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:53:48 AM EST
Seeing as I got shut out of Larry's little party on Sat., guess I will stop by CE on monday to watch the BATF raid.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:12:25 AM EST
Its going to be an interesting raid indeed, when we are armed to the gills even more than the BATF JBTs It'll be like a showdown at the OK Corral. Hey, wait a sec, I thought the BATF JBTs only burn down people's houses...they're not going to burn down the shooting benches, are they?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:55:48 AM EST
But the BATF has those super guns, the ones that say "LEO Only" on the side and those super deadly LOE only hi-cap mags. We are DOOMED!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:10:31 AM EST

But the BATF has those super guns, the ones that say "LEO Only" on the side and those super deadly LOE only hi-cap mags. We are DOOMED!

So do I.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:13:39 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/11/2004 9:14:32 AM EST by Ghost-Shooter]
But I not worried Senator Feinswine said we can buy machine guns, grenade launchers, UZIs, AK-47s, tanks and Stinger missles really cheap out of the back of every passing car. We must pass a hundred cars coming to the range, so we'll just stop and buy some. $100 ought to get me a whole arsenal!

ETA: Hmm, the Senator must be slightly mistaken...those tanks are awefully big...how do they fit into car trunks?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:23:02 AM EST

Seeing as I got shut out of Larry's little party on Sat., guess I will stop by CE on monday to watch the BATF raid.

We all got shut out. I think we missed each other at the store. No one went shooting.

As for CE, is there any way to make it about 1500 or so instead of the AM. I get off work at 0530 and I would love to come, but I need some sleep first. I don't care which day, but in the afternoon would be nice. I have a brand new preban that has been in the safe for years, awaiting this date and I will have 2 of my postbans immediately converted by use of existing uppers and collapsible buttstocks installed as of whatever damn date it is legal to do so.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:47:57 AM EST
Guys Im there .yall say the day and time.... Unless once again me selling my house gets in the way.. :( . I don't have a target stand though. I got behind with the maybe buyers today and my small town lumber/ hardware store closed on me at 1:00 ... Lets set a date.... WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:18:17 AM EST
Feinstein herself said the ban expires tonight at midnight on MSNBC.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:33:36 AM EST
SOMEONE SET A FRICKIN DATE ALREADY!!

I am comfortable with Monday. Lorraine has been nagging me ALL weekend and it is driving me crazy.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:41:12 AM EST
Monday, September 13th. That's when bookhound and I are heading out to CE. We should be there somewhere between 11-12, depending on where we eat breakfast and how long that takes. The ban ends at the stroke of midnight tonight. There are 365 days in a year, if the ban was enacted on Sept 13, 1994 for 10 years. That would be 3650 days afterwards. Mark the days off on a calender if you're that paranoid about it and you'll see that today(sunday) is the last day. If it ended on Sept 14th then that would be 366 days not 365.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top