Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2008 5:42:21 AM EDT
Mrs. strat81 and I are doing okay... some of our town is not.  Aurora got a few nasty hits, plenty of downed trees, etc.  Kearney got smacked, according to the news.

Everyone else okay?
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#1]
B-Town is FMC.  All we got was just under two inches of rain.
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 7:01:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I waited under the 2nd Ave underpass in Kearney while poles and signs blew down all around me, saw a plastic sack go about 50 feet straight up into the air. Winds moved my pickup, making the park gear grind, so I put on the Ebrake. Looked at the damage today, Expo center looks BAAAAD! Drive-In got damage to screen, lost new movies, so they are playing a classic- Gone With the Wind!  

My son was in Aurora at the Leadership Center. Tornado was sucking and blowing the building they were in real bad, have to get more details from him about this. Blew your cell tower down. He couldn't even call out till today.

Some hail and a lot of water out at my place, flooding everywhere. I live up high in the county, so no flooding for me. Buddy of mine in Kearney had his kids jungle gym blew over onto fence and busted up just south of fairgrounds. I saw the car on top of car at the stratford apts, weird!
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 12:52:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

My gauge read almost 3 inches of rain.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#4]
ROUND TWO! More coming from the west. Nothing major at my place. Had a Tornado go a couple miles north of the house. Just light, small hail, some sharp lightning and rain. Damn glad I am not a farmer anymore.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#5]
No news from Aurora this time, but the northern part of the county saw some rough stuff.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:00:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My gauge read almost 3 inches of rain.

I think I need to give mine a good cleaning.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:07:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I missed the brunt of it tonite, thank God the crops didn't get hail damaged. Looks like we'll have a replay tomorrow evening again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top