Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2009 10:56:31 AM EDT
...and Trail Ridge Road.

The bride and I are thinking about heading over next weekend.  What's the SITREP on the color change in that area.  Have we missed it? Any snow yet?

FYI, it's running about peak colors here on the Western Slope next weekend.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I know that Trail Ridge was closed for snow recently - you might be better off heading out south of Idaho Springs.  Real nice trail off 103 south.  Ask the rangers at the station just south of I70.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I was on it 9 days ago.

No snow.  Temperature was great.  View was awesome.  Colors were, eh, mostly still green.

But a lot can happen in 9 days.

If you're able to make it (i.e.: the road is open), DO IT.  You will NOT regret it!

_MaH
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I would recommend looking at the RMNP website. It will give you up to date info on TRR and weather conditions.

RMNP is great for color change also Kenosha pass is awesome and even Vail pass is great.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:30:20 PM EDT
[#4]

This was squaw pass, 103 out of Idaho Springs, on Friday.   Lots of yellow, lots of green still.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top