Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2016 5:11:53 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with this Lancaster, PA based training firm and/or with this class?
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I've taken a number of classes with Jared and have at this point become very good personal friends with him and a number of his instructors.

I'll point you to my original write up of my experience in Pistol 201 a while back so no one can say I'm biased, because at the time of that review it was my first experience with them. Since that class, I've taken a few more and have always been impressed. They also do a number of classroom seminars at the shop I manage because of their abilities.

I plan on taking more classes with Jared and the crew this year.

Rockwell Tactical Group Review Thread

More than happy to answer any questions I can.

ETA: I did take the 103 class. It's worth the time and money. Even if you have been using an AR15 for years, you'll still learn.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for your reply Moose...
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:37:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I can echo what Moose said.
I have taken carbine 101 and 102 (which equals out to the 103).

Jared and the instructors he had with him for both classes have been incredible.  Great folks all around.
The 101 and 102 are geared towards just about any shooter - whether it is your first time picking up an AR or if you have been shooting for years.

The drills are all well put together and are helpful - you will learn lots and there will be a bunch of "lightbulb" moments where it finally clicks.

Instructors work their way up and down the line and you will get individual attention and you will have the ability to ask questions, get confirmation of what you are doing is right/wrong and how it could be improved.

Just like Moose, I am already scheduled to be training with them this upcoming summer.

Feel free to hit me up too if you have any questions - happy to answer them.

EDIT: My reviews are in the same website as moose posted above, same thread actually.  My reviews are on page 2 and 3 for the Carbine 101 and 102.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks "dog"...
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:40:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Hi BerlinVet - I'm actually one of the Rockwell Instructors, so I'm not going to give you a sales pitch - I'm just going to relate one of my experiences with a Carbine 103 class I taught last summer.

The weather the first day was terrible - I mean terrible - but hey, we train in the rain, and so we had the class.  We had about 3 inches of rain that day, multiple rifle failures during the day caused by the wet conditions, and all got thoroughly soaked to the bone.  Everyone did pretty well, and we covered what we needed to cover.  Several of the students had only signed up for the 101 portion, so we said goodbye and went home to dry off.

The next day, 3 of the 4 101 students were sitting at the gate waiting for me - apparently they enjoyed their soaking so much that they had decided before they were out of the driveway that evening to call in sick and come for the next day's class.  The positive feedback was amazing.

I believe there's also a Rockwell review thread over on PAFOA's forum as well, have a look over there.

If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM and I'll be glad to answer them to the best of my ability - just let me know.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 7:20:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hi BerlinVet - I'm actually one of the Rockwell Instructors, so I'm not going to give you a sales pitch - I'm just going to relate one of my experiences with a Carbine 103 class I taught last summer.

The weather the first day was terrible - I mean terrible - but hey, we train in the rain, and so we had the class.  We had about 3 inches of rain that day, multiple rifle failures during the day caused by the wet conditions, and all got thoroughly soaked to the bone.  Everyone did pretty well, and we covered what we needed to cover.  Several of the students had only signed up for the 101 portion, so we said goodbye and went home to dry off.

The next day, 3 of the 4 101 students were sitting at the gate waiting for me - apparently they enjoyed their soaking so much that they had decided before they were out of the driveway that evening to call in sick and come for the next day's class.  The positive feedback was amazing.

I believe there's also a Rockwell review thread over on PAFOA's forum as well, have a look over there.

If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM and I'll be glad to answer them to the best of my ability - just let me know.
View Quote

It would be nice to have a class that did 0 - 600 yard, 7.62x51 battle rifle.

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Will do - thanks...
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:37:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Once my first rifle is completed and tested I intend to take a class with them. I'd like to take a pistol class with them too. I've met one of the instructors at the fish and game show in Harrisburg. He was nice as could be and the great guys over at lanco tactical only have good things to say about them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 8:36:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Nanashi - Check out Battle Rifle 101, it's specifically tailored to .308 Battle Rifles.  

Since it's a 101 class, we only stretch out to 100 yards, but we currently have some new long range classes we'll be posting that will stretch out to 1k yards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top