Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2003 7:30:12 AM EST
Has anyone gone down there or are planning on going? Last time I went was a couple of years ago, and I don't remember it being that big.

If anyone has gone would you give us a report?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 10:12:47 AM EST

Just got back. The snowstorm did a number on attendance. About 20% of the tables were empty and the folks browsing were few. I would think Sunday will get better attendance since the weather should be better. I went to this show last year and it was a mob scene. You couldn't get close to half the tables.
Anyways, after removing the knife, mil-surp clothing and jerky dealers, there were not a whole lot of guns. Lots of shot guns and hunting rifles. One dealer with a good table of Bushmaster & Olympic ARs in the 650-1200 dollar range. A few other dealers with a smattering of ARs. Didn't see a single pre-ban in the entire building!
A good number of pistols and revolvers with fairly decent prices. I was looking for a SA mil-spec but didn't see any, just one "loaded" for 650 and a few used for varying prices.
Lots of ammo, battlepacks and ammo of unknown origin(reloads) but I'm pretty set on ammo for now. Lots and lots of magazines, though I didn't see any deals(ie. a few new-in-bag AR mags I saw @45.00).
A good number of SKSs and Mosin-Nagants in various condition. I did stop at a table with dozens of M1 carbines with prices of 350 and up. Was tempted.

After all that the only thing I walked out with was a couple of AR front pivot pins for my build project. 4 bucks each.

Will be going to the show in Manchester next week, but I'm not expecting much.

Hope this answers your question.

S-I
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 10:55:40 AM EST
It does, thanks. Doesn't sound like it's worth the hour drive.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:22:16 PM EST
I went to the Rock show today as well. It was a bit of a disappointment. I did get some very clean ammo cans though. I saw some colt 30 rounders in very good condition but not new for $30.00. There were two pre-ban colts there as well on the table with all the Olys. One guy had two 500 rd. cases of XM193 but he wanted $90.00. The busiest booth was the beef jerky. Still worth the $7.00 admission though.
Top Top