Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/15/2006 5:02:12 PM EDT
Hello all,

Anyone ever use "The Silver Bullet" in Rockaway? I try to shop there but the guy makes it very hard. I love that there is a gun shop just for the mere fact that there are not that many. I bought my G20 from him which went smoothly enough, I paid $75 more than I could have gotten at other places but I wanted to support a local place so I had no problem. I go in later to ask about a transfer because I go to the gun shows in PA and you never know what you will find. He said sure but he did not seem very happy about it. Anyway I bought a pistol at the show in PA so when I got back I asked him what I needed to bring in and he says just address and contact info. I get there with the contact info and he says that I need an addressed stamped envelope. Not a big deal but I take 1/2/hr to get there and now I have to go home again for an envelope. I went back home and called Ramsey outdoors and gave them all of the info over the phone and I was done in 10 minutes. Went to Ramsey a week later paid 35 + 15 and I was out. This week I order a Trailside from CDNN for 319.00 because they closed them out and ask them to transfer to Ramsey. Ramsey FFL is out of date but they have the place in Rockaway so I figure I'll give them another try. They send it there and I call Rockaway up to let him know what is going on and it is fine. Call today and the pistol is there but he wants $50 for the transfer + $15 NICS. It was quoted $35 before and their ad on the Internet says $25. Just wondering if anyone else deals with them. Sorry for the rant.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:23:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By roptics:
Hello all,

Anyone ever use "The Silver Bullet" in Rockaway? I try to shop there but the guy makes it very hard. I love that there is a gun shop just for the mere fact that there are not that many. I bought my G20 from him which went smoothly enough, I paid $75 more than I could have gotten at other places but I wanted to support a local place so I had no problem. I go in later to ask about a transfer because I go to the gun shows in PA and you never know what you will find. He said sure but he did not seem very happy about it. Anyway I bought a pistol at the show in PA so when I got back I asked him what I needed to bring in and he says just address and contact info. I get there with the contact info and he says that I need an addressed stamped envelope. Not a big deal but I take 1/2/hr to get there and now I have to go home again for an envelope. I went back home and called Ramsey outdoors and gave them all of the info over the phone and I was done in 10 minutes. Went to Ramsey a week later paid 35 + 15 and I was out. This week I order a Trailside from CDNN for 319.00 because they closed them out and ask them to transfer to Ramsey. Ramsey FFL is out of date but they have the place in Rockaway so I figure I'll give them another try. They send it there and I call Rockaway up to let him know what is going on and it is fine. Call today and the pistol is there but he wants $50 for the transfer + $15 NICS. It was quoted $35 before and their ad on the Internet says $25. Just wondering if anyone else deals with them. Sorry for the rant.

Ouch that seems like alot to pay for a transferr. What really annoys me tho is what was the point of wasting all that time and money for the states background check to be issued a FID card or pistol permit when your gonna get charged again for the gun shop to do another background check before the sale??? Whats the point of the states background check when it can all be done by the shop???
ugggg

Sorry your rant just triggered a rant of my own...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:08:24 PM EDT
Look up side-by-side in Denville. Its a small shop and much cheaper.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:29:43 PM EDT
I live in Roxbury, and remember the Silver Bullet from when he was in the flea market in Rockaway. I also visited him a few months back about a transfer, and the same thing happened to me. First the price changed for the transfer, and then he seemed like he did not want to do it anyway. i have used Ramseys in Ledgewood for 9 transfers in the past 10 months without a problem. they even waived the 15 dollar NICS fee twice.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:25:23 PM EDT
Live and learn I guess. I was wondering if it was just me.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:39:02 AM EDT
If the Silver Bullet guy has a gun or part in stock that you want, he's pretty negotiable and you end up with a competitive $$. I picked up a 1969 Marlin 336C lever .30-30 in near-perfect condition for $270 out the door...tax, NICS, and a box o' ammo. (the price tag said $275)

I haven't done an FFL transfer thru him so I appreciate the info.

He has GI .50cal ammo cans for $8-10 in excellent no-rust condition, too.
Top Top