Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2003 3:24:45 PM EDT
Anybody know of good locations for finding minerals, crystals, gold, etc.?
I was told there are ranches, in Alabama or Arkansas, where you could pay the rancher so much a day to dig on his property or an existing mine. I was wondering if there were any places like that in S. Az, S. Ca., or maybe S. New Mexico.
Any info. would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:11:28 PM EDT
[#1]
In and around the Quartzite area is pretty good for metal detecting for nuggets.
Join the Gold Prospecting Association, and they have reserved areas for prospecting, and detecting, not accessible to the general public.
They will also provide maps to local areas of interest.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, Gunslinger.
Do you hsve s website for them?
If not, some sort of contact info. would help.
Im me if you don't want to post the info.
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#3]

I have a few books that have maps to good spots in AZ back at my parents in Chandler.  I'll pick them up this weekend and could e-mail you some maps/info then if you like.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the responses, and apologies for the delay in responding. My dad had to be taken to the hospital, so I've been driving back and forth to Tucson every day and haven't had much time to play on the net.
While it looks like he's going to be okay, my plans for a trip to play in the hills for a week, or so, will have to be indefinitely postponed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top