Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2005 5:23:06 PM EDT
Rochester New York: Empire State Arms Collectors Assoc - Monroe County Fairgrounds - Sept 24-25 2005 571-215-8761.

I kind of wish they'd spread these out a bit more. there was one in buffalo this past weekend, syracuse this comming one and rochester the week after. then nothing for months
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I live only 2 miles from the Dome Arena.  So naturelly the weekend that they are hosting the show I will be 3,000 miles away in Vancouver, BC.  Seems my company wants me to take two weeks training up there.

Check out this link for shows in western NY:

http://www.gunboards.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3760

It is updated on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:17:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't think I'll be making the Rochester show this fall. Saturday is busy and Sunday is my precision rifle match...
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:05:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Just so long as you stay away from me during the dull butterknife drill, I'm game
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#6]
any meets planned?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:06:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:54:58 AM EDT
[#8]
i think im going to try and stop out, but due to my work schedule i cant say whether it will be 24th or 25th...even then, it'll probably be a quick mission to snag mags and ammo and then bounce.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:09:49 AM EDT
[#9]
How was the show? Sharky, EdA., pzjgr ?

Hamburg Show is coming up, but I dont know what weekend.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:03:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Eh, it isn't as good as it has been....quite a few empty tables in the Dome, and the back room was very sparse.

I think its a combination of fuel costs (dealers from further away have to make much more for the weekend to make it worthwhile), not to mention I guess they keep jacking up table prices.

Entry is up to $7.00...if these shows keep upping the entry for less dealers, they are going to get less through the door.

There was some good stuff there though, and I found a few things, including a spare Mauser HSc mag for a good price, a few good books, some German field gear items...mainly small stuff.

The Hamburg show will be October 22 and 23....I'll be set up there...
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:16:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:39:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Well that case of ammo would have certainly made up for the door fee and fuel costs getting there!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:02:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Well that case of ammo would have certainly made up for the door fee and fuel costs getting there!

Not for the dealer
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:24:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:23:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I got a tri-color desert camo boonie hat for hiking when it's hot since it should soak up a bit less sun than my dark tiger stripe one
I was tempted to get either an Enfield or SKS from Hammond but decided not too. the prices seemed good, but those two guns are low enough on my list of wants that the price would have to be really great for me to go ahead and get one
If he had had a PTR91 at the price he had one at at a previous rochester show (before I knew anything about PTR91s and knew the one he had was a good deal) I would have bought one
oh well, probably for the best. this way I can save up some cash, and now that my job has turned to full time hours I can definitely get something at the hamburg show if I see a decent deal
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I think I saw that guy that got shut down at a show back in the spring
but this time I did notice all the ARs with banned features specifically said preban
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:03:25 AM EDT
[#17]
My dad and I went on sunday, He found a mauser that was in good shape but we decided to pass it up, and i went looking for AR mags...i am spoiled by EE, because i asked a guy at one table where his GI 20-rounders were, and he got pissed at me and started slamming 2 of the most beat-ass 20's down in front of me, while grumpily mumbling, $30 each. I passed, came home and found some on EE for 10 a piece shipped, in better shape.

The problem with the gun shows are that some vendors are not a pleasure to do business with, and even if i found an item i wanted i would have buyer's remorse for funding some a-hole's power trip.

Sorry I missed y'all there, the dome is only a couple mins from my place so i usually don't make an event out of it. Food seemed better this year than before, though.

Maybe we just need to bring an ARFCOM convention to town?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top