Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2014 2:44:35 PM EDT

He and Chris Moss say to give them 4 years, then decide.

I will take him up on it.  

But if he loses on Nov. 4th, my house is going on the market the very next day.  My realtor thinks I'm insane, but he has instructions to list it Nov. 5th pending the outcome of the election.  I told him "If Cuomo wins re-election, I want to look out my front window and see a for sale sign on my lawn when I wake up."
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry Rob, you can't fix everything that's wrong with NY. Especially not in 4 years.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#2]
what he cant tell all the communist to move to calf and they arent wanted here..

Geeze what a double standard with we have in nys.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:57:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry Rob, you can't fix everything that's wrong with NY. Especially not in 4 years.
View Quote

If he's extra-liberal with the pardons, lots of shit could get done.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ironic choice of words, but point taken.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

You don't think 4 years is enough time to build the wall?

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:19:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sure as shit gotta be better than the twinkle toed cock-sucker that's in there now....
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Frankly, how can anyone person improve NYS in four years?  It has been dysfunctional since before the signing of the Declaration of Independence.  My litany of a few complaints about the state:

1) Taxes and fees will not be cut without the legislature going along.  They will not.  They might cut taxes a little but vehicle registrations and drivers licenses are going to remain expensive.  The gasoline tax will remain high.

2) Yearly auto inspections to the tune of $37 a year which pi$$es me off as I hate bringing my car in wondering what the will "find".  Thankfully I always inspect my car before it is inspected so I can be ready for any problem they claim.

3) Simple fireworks will remain illegal.   I would love to legally use sparklers, snakes and other non-threatening fireworks on the fourth.  Not going to happen.

4) The Sullivan Law and SAFE will remain on the books.

5) The draconian penalties for cell phone usage.  I do not use my phone while driving but 5 points for just about any electronic device, not just a phone, is getting ridiculous.  So many other states get away without having such laws.

6) Possibly soon illegal aliens will get all the rights and privileges of state citizens.

7) Electricity is not going to get cheaper in New York.

I have already made up my mind that I will leave.  Timing is the issue.  There may be light at the end of the tunnel as my job may disappear in the next year and I am considering a career change which has opportunities all over the place.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Agreed.  He can't fix it.  I already bought a home in another state.  Waiting to move and get out for good.

I pray and work for the removal of Cuomo and the repeal of the SAFE act, but I won't stay.  The SAFE act was the ick in the ass I needed to get serious to get out.

Quoted:
Frankly, how can anyone person improve NYS in four years?  It has been dysfunctional since before the signing of the Declaration of Independence.  My litany of a few complaints about the state:

1) Taxes and fees will not be cut without the legislature going along.  They will not.  They might cut taxes a little but vehicle registrations and drivers licenses are going to remain expensive.  The gasoline tax will remain high.
2) Yearly auto inspections to the tune of $37 a year which pi$$es me off as I hate bringing my car in wondering what the will "find".  Thankfully I always inspect my car before it is inspected so I can be ready for any problem they claim.
3) Simple fireworks will remain illegal.   I would love to legally use sparklers, snakes and other non-threatening fireworks on the fourth.  Not going to happen.
5) The draconian penalties for cell phone usage.  I do not use my phone while driving but 5 points for just about any electronic device, not just a phone, is getting ridiculous.  So many other states get away without having such laws.
6) Possibly soon illegal aliens will get all the rights and privileges of state citizens.

I have already made up my mind that I will leave.  Timing is the issue.  There may be light at the end of the tunnel as my job may disappear in the next year and I am considering a career change which has opportunities all over the place.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Astorino is a nice guy and all, and I'm going to cast my vote for him in the hopes that he wins.......

But that said, no matter what happens, he cannot possibly unfuck NY to any degree which would make sense for me to stay. Unfortunately I'm stuck here for a few more years, but I've already purchased my "punch out of NYS" home to where I'm moving once I can get out of here. Hopefully, Astorino can win and make my remaining time as a NYS resident somewhat more bearable.

That said, I will miss upstate NY when I leave. This is a beautiful state that, much like Cali, has been completely destroyed by the liberal agenda. It's a fucking shame
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

NY Sucks, no doubt, but it's been the only home I've ever known.  I can continue to suffer under everything except #4B (Safe Act).  It may be misguided of me, but I do believe there is a scant glimmer of hope that by some miracle, Astorino can win and maybe somehow we could pull off a narrow win in the Senate.  Rob can make backroom deals with the Assembly for repeal.  Remember, the NYS legislature is and will always be "3 men in a room."  If we have 2 of those men, the third can have his arm twisted the same way that cocksucking douchbag Skellos folded (fuck be upon him).

However, like I said before, I do own property in a free state since last year.  Snap of the fingers I can have a builder construct me a house in 3 months.   All I have to do is sell my home.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#12]
i'll be happy to vote for him, while i'm still here that is.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:37:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
However, like I said before, I do own property in a free state since last year.  Snap of the fingers I can have a builder construct me a house in 3 months.   All I have to do is sell my home.
View Quote

Start building.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:58:27 PM EDT
[#15]
What it would take for me to stay he can't accomplish, ever. THis is what it would take
Cut property taxes by 75%
Cut the income tax by at least 3%
TAke away the NYSP Police and replace them with Sheriff's
Eliminate common core
Eliminate ALL the nanny laws.
Try Fuehrer Cuomo for treason
Make NY Shithole it's own separate state, charge a ridiculous toll (>$100) to leave, fuck you NYShitty. Fuck You.
Make the weather not suck.
Start knocking down this shitty old buildings in the city of Buffalo and any other city and tell the preservationist to go fuck themselves
Hunting laws like WV
Fix the damn roads.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:03:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What it would take for me to stay he can't accomplish, ever. THis is what it would take
Eliminate common core
Make NY Shithole it's own separate state, charge a ridiculous toll (>$100) to leave, fuck you NYShitty. Fuck You.
Start knocking down this shitty old buildings in the city of Buffalo and any other city and tell the preservationist to go fuck themselves
Hunting laws like WV
Fix the damn roads.
View Quote

Exactly. he can't do anything about property taxes here where I live , home prices will remain the same, can't repeal the SAFE Act by himself, etc, etc.....
Bye, I'll be in GA.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:12:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Too late Rob,  I told you when I met you in April at the Syracuse Gun Show, that I was gone before November.  I am a man of my word.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:20:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Too late Rob,  I told you when I met you in April at the Syracuse Gun Show, that I was gone before November.  I am a man of my word.
View Quote

Keep the light on for me.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:50:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Exactly. he can't do anything about property taxes here where I live , home prices will remain the same, can't repeal the SAFE Act by himself, etc, etc.....
Bye, I'll be in GA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Eliminate common core
Hunting laws like WV
Fix the damn roads.

Bye, I'll be in GA.

So many good options:

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:00:10 AM EDT
[#20]
One man will not fix the state, and certainly not in 4 years.
I decided last December I wasn't going to stick around and "hope" for the best and moved in July.

Fact is, the depths of new york's problems are endless.
Astorino will have to have a senate that is willing to make tough decisions and work for the people. If the senate remains in the democrats hands.....forget it. If the senate goes back in republican hands there won't be much enthusiasm to do anything as the GOP is a mess in New York, and the good old boy network likes it just the way it is. Plus, they didnt help Astorino during the election so that tells you how motivated they are to fix things.

The assembly will always be overwhelmingly held by democrats. That will never change. The leadership of the assembly will always be in the hands of batshit crazy leftists from NYC. They will always do the wrong thing for upstate, they are only there to line the pockets of their law firms or NYC businesses or to create jobs for their family and friends.

There will be tax increases yearly, they will never stop. They will never go down, they can't. The legislature wastes so much money they can't ever afford to lower taxes. Paying lower taxes in New York will never ever happen, don't kid yourself.

New York is a sanctuary state for illegals. The burden is insurmountable and unsustainable. This will get worse. If Obama passes amnesty, many of the illegals will flood to New York for the benefits.  

New York has the highest Medicaid payouts of any state by far. You could pick about four or five states and combine those states Medicaid costs and still be less than new york's. This is a huge burden on the tax payers. It has been a problem for decades and has never addressed and won't be.

I evaluated all of this and more and decided I wasn't going to waste the rest of my life living in this mess.

I wish Astorino luck and really do hope he wins. But the state is in such a mess, it's depressing to even think about it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:54:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Not retiring for another 3 1/2 years, so I can do this!

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:53:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Then take you ball and go to another state. I'm stuck here. IF we can get some improvement maybe some of the Dems that aren't NYC Liberals will see what this state can be.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:14:28 AM EDT
[#23]
I'll give him a chance.  
At this point any  positive change is better than the current drain circling this state is doing.  
Sometimes you need that light at the end of the tunnel, even if it is a long tunnel.  (cue the predictable train comments)

That's it--I can't think of any more appropriate metaphors.  

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:30:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
http://youtu.be/dTDPv1gKmW0

He and Chris Moss say to give them 4 years, then decide.

I will take him up on it.  

But if he loses on Nov. 4th, my house is going on the market the very next day.  My realtor thinks I'm insane, but he has instructions to list it Nov. 5th pending the outcome of the election.  I told him "If Cuomo wins re-election, I want to look out my front window and see a for sale sign on my lawn when I wake up."
View Quote

This ,but I'm leaving no matter what , House will be on the market in March 2015. South Carolina here I come. FUAC for all the hard work you did to destroy a beautiful state you cock sucker.

edit: spelling
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:47:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This ,but I'm leaving no matter not , House will be on the market in March 2015. South Carolina here I come. FUAC for all the hard work you did to destroy a beautiful state you cock sucker.
View Quote

What part of SC, sds?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#27]

I was, at one point seriously considering it.  Had an offer in on some land even. But we picked up some property down south instead.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:21:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Wow!  Thankfully PA was never on my short list.  Still they have to get the PA legislature to go along on any changes and so far they seem to be doing pretty good.  It looks like PA Republicans are taking lessons from NY Republicans on how to run effective candidates

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 3:42:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What part of SC, sds?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This ,but I'm leaving no matter not , House will be on the market in March 2015. South Carolina here I come. FUAC for all the hard work you did to destroy a beautiful state you cock sucker.

What part of SC, sds?

North Myrtle Beach ,Little River . I have a few cousins who just bought there this year moved out of this state and love SC. My wife and I are working with a real-estate agent from south Carolina and plan to have the house on the market this coming March2015 and hope to be gone within 6 months of the listing. I think NYS my have an exit tax as well. This state ( NY ) has really turned into a  piece of shit .

I looked into PA forget it .Its not far enough as the liberals are pouring over the walls
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 3:58:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Boy, NY HTF is going to suck when all you guys leave.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

we'll have to open an Ex-Pat subforum  
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

North Myrtle Beach ,Little River . I have a few cousins who just bought there this year moved out of this state and love SC. My wife and I are working with a real-estate agent from south Carolina and plan to have the house on the market this coming March2015 and hope to be gone within 6 months of the listing. I think NYS my have an exit tax as well. This state ( NY ) has really turned into a  piece of shit .

I looked into PA forget it .Its not far enough as the liberals are pouring over the walls
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What part of SC, sds?

The Lefties will pour over the walls of even the most red states.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:26:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd love to see someone make a map of the Southeast States with pinpoints of all the former NYHTF memebers.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:00:42 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I'd love to see someone make a map of the Southeast States with pinpoints of all the former NYHTF memebers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Give that job to the Courier-Journal.  They are good at making maps

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top