Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2009 6:21:47 AM EDT
Roanoke Area FairTax needs your input!  We are coming up on the most intense tax-based activity of the year and need your good ideas about how to get the FairTax message out during this time.

Across this country there is a growing movement to express the will of the people, both negatively and positively.  These public gatherings are being called “Tea Parties” after the well-known Boston Tea Party in protest against “taxation without representation.”  RAFT intends to participate in this movement but in a positive way by promoting the principles of the FairTax.  We have set aside a page on our website, www.RoanokeAreaFairTax.com/TeaParty, to provide news about our plans and those of other groups throughout the country.

We have a couple of Tea Party activities already scheduled and invite your participation in them, as well as your suggestions for expanding them or arranging new ones.

* On Thursday, April 2, Roanoke Area FairTax will have a special presentation, Save the Economy: The FairTax, at 6:45 pm at WDBJ7’s Community Room, 2807 Hershberger Rd., Roanoke. You will hear that what the FairTax will do is just what the economy needs and perhaps could have prevented the problem in the first place. The program takes about 35 minutes and will be followed by questions and discussion from the audience. This is a good time to get informed and to see how your needs and the FairTax principles can merge. Volunteers are needed to help run this meeting and to take care of our information and donation table!  Please let me know at [email protected].

At the end of this presentation, we will solicit ideas from the audience about additional Tea Party events.   Come and add your voice to the call for action on the FairTax as a potential solution to our economic problems.  The time is ripe!

* On Tax Day, April 15th, RAFT will again be at the main Post Office, at 419 Rutherford Ave., Roanoke, to bring information about the FairTax to the late filers.  We’ll be there from 3 PM until the Post Office closes at about 8 PM.  In addition to our usual activities, we are encouraging supporters to come out in large numbers to walk around with FairTax signs and generally enhance our presence.  Plans for this are still being developed, including the possibility of media coverage, and more information will come soon.

Volunteers for Tax Day are needed!  Plan to come and make your feelings known about the current economic situation.  Please let me know at [email protected].

In addition to the activity in Roanoke, we encourage and will support appearances by any of you at your local Post Office.  Just let me know at [email protected].

Thanks for your continued support!

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:46:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I heard something about a tea party at the river near the old Victory Stadium site - same group?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:48:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I heard something about a tea party at the river near the old Victory Stadium site - same group?

Not that I know of, but as a member for RAFT I plan on being at the PO.  This is going to be fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top