Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/23/2013 11:32:09 AM EST
I have a deer hunt scheduled in there starting November 6th. The only reason I applied there is last year on an elk hunt in 16D, I stumbled upon a fantastic muley buck in a very remote canyon that you can get to by ATV. I'd seen deer near that particular spot before but never a buck. In fact, that was the first buck I'd seen in 16D which is filled with elk. In checking the bowsite I see that those who hunted in there in October faced some heavy rains and flooding, and many still have stranded vehicles, ATVs and trailers in there. The word is the road between Apache Creek and Collins Park (I think that's the name) is impassable in 2 spots and won't be repaired until Spring. That's the road I used to get up to that canyon area where I saw the buck. So now I'm wondering if it's worth it for this old guy to spend all that gas money to drive down there and spend some time looking for deer if some of the roads are impassable. Does anyone know the condition of Bursum road coming down from Hwy 12? Can you get into Moraga Canyon? Anyone know of any good spots to glass for deer in there since my one area appears to be a bust. And just for the record, I'm not a young buck anymore. I can't hike all around the mountains. I'd like to find someplace where I can sit and glass and maybe put a small stalk on a deer if needed. My Rem 7 mm Mag is sighted in and good out to at least 600 yds. I know this because I've successfully shot it that far. I have good glass and don't mind spending time looking for critters. Anyway, any help anyone can give me on the roads or perhaps a new place in GMU 16 (the hunt is for the entire unit) where I might spot some deer is appreciated. You can pm me if you don't want to post anything here.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:42:21 AM EST
Anyone?
Top Top